Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Priest shenanigans - Void Shift

So I was testing out Void Shift on the Beta, (swap health percentage with a friendly targeted player and heal the lower health person for 25%) and it is not yet set to Party or Raid members. When I was accidently disconnected from the Beta & had fallen from my mount with 10k health left, I targeted a random player (with full health) and hit void shift. I went to full health & they dropped down to around 25%.

I can see that being changed.
    Last edited by Botanica; 2012-04-01 at 09:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Botanica View Post
    So I was testing out Void Shift on the Beta, (swap health percentage with a friendly targeted player and heal the lower health person for 25%) and it is not yet set to Party or Raid members. When I was accidently disconnected from the Beta & had fallen from my mount with 10k health left, I targeted a random player (with full health) and hit void shift. I went to full health & they dropped down to around 25%.

No way. its not like its Beta or something
    You are evil like...a hobbit!

Quote Originally Posted by Sepyshfan View Post
    No way. its not like its Beta or something
    I was merely commenting on something that was on Beta atm, and yes I know it more than likely is going to be changed as it is in the Beta Phase, but thank you for your useful contribution.

10+ Year Old Account
    will still be fun none the less if someone gets on your nerves in bgs or you just feel like messing with a friend >: ) (i'm sure it will be helpful for actually things not just fun)

Quote Originally Posted by strangebreed View Post
    will still be fun none the less if someone gets on your nerves in bgs or you just feel like messing with a friend >: ) (i'm sure it will be helpful for actually things not just fun)
    Yeah, I think its going to be a great talent, someone in the raid is dying, you have full health & void shift. I'm looking forward to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    The first thing I did on the beta yesterday was trying it out on Varian Wrynn, hit him for over 350 million damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Adréal View Post
    The first thing I did on the beta yesterday was trying it out on Varian Wrynn, hit him for over 350 million damage.
    Sounds useful for cross-faction alliances and getting those "For the Horde/For the Alliance" achieves.

Yeah, personally I hope the whole thing gets canned. It's weird, impossible to balance, and is way more of a warlock thing than a priest thing. It's one of those things that's either useless or absurdly OP, which means it'll be useless because Blizz would rather go bankrupt than let the Priest class have anything even remotely OP.

the priest in my guild will enjoy this immensely; he loves lifegripping people into void puddles or lava, or just wiping the raid by killing the tank in such a way... he is an awesome guy though, and it makes progression less tedious, i am looking forward to seeing how he will use this.

15+ Year Old Account
    I really hope it gets to stay in some fashion, would suck if they removed the ability to use it altogether.
    Either by making it unusable on enemy targets or putting a level/max health restriction on the target.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm thinking a void shift -> desperate prayer (assuming it heals as much as it does on live) would be essentially like a LoH

It's hard to say no to Yoo-Hoo chocolate drinks...the name literally beckons.
    Tactical Disaster - Stormrage-US
    16/16 Heroic T14
    10/13 Heroic T15

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ramennoodleking View Post
    I'm thinking a void shift -> desperate prayer (assuming it heals as much as it does on live) would be essentially like a LoH
    Desperate Prayer and Void Shift are in the same tier.

10+ Year Old Account
    Awww shucks. That's what I get for not playing beta or looking at the talents

It's hard to say no to Yoo-Hoo chocolate drinks...the name literally beckons.
    Tactical Disaster - Stormrage-US
    16/16 Heroic T14
    10/13 Heroic T15

Deleted
    choose target -> stand in boss aoe -> wait until 20-30% hp -> leap of faith your desired target -> void shift your desired target -> have fun laughing -> hope your target will never play a priest with you in a raid

Going to enjoy leveling the priest on my friend's server now. Just going to spend all my time getting him killed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Behind you, what I'm not? Then who's this person I'm behind?
    Quote Originally Posted by locoibland View Post
    Desperate Prayer and Void Shift are in the same tier.
    I'd imagine that's why he's comparing the two with a > symbol.

Quote Originally Posted by Bermonia View Post
    choose target -> stand in boss aoe -> wait until 20-30% hp -> leap of faith your desired target -> void shift your desired target -> have fun laughing -> hope your target will never play a priest with you in a raid
    Was thinking exactly the same thing.

You could probably also jump off your mount to get low HP, re-mount fly into the air and Lifegrip them up, Void Shift, Levitate yourself and watch them fall to their death from a short (40yard) fall. :3

Quote Originally Posted by Army of Darkness View Post
    I'd imagine that's why he's comparing the two with a > symbol.
    It was ->, that's an arrow.
    i.e. Void Shift then Desperate Prayer
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2012-04-01 at 01:43 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    Was thinking exactly the same thing.

You could probably also jump off your mount to get low HP, re-mount fly into the air and Lifegrip them up, Void Shift, Levitate yourself and watch them fall to their death from a short (40yard) fall. :3
    you can't lifegrip in midair

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Botanica View Post

That's so hilarious.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Quote Originally Posted by Bermonia View Post
    you can't lifegrip in midair
    You can grip people if you're mounted, though you will be dismounted by doing so.
    Last edited by Thoroar; 2012-04-01 at 01:59 PM. Reason: Clarified wording a bit.