Thread: Console Gaming

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by thebum06 View Post
    I find 60$ way too expensive as well, that's why I mainly game on PC these days. I get most of my games for less than 10$. But really, the whole "you can't get your money back unless it's used" is just an excuse to sell even more used copies. They get 100% of the profits from used copies since they don't have to pay the developers for those, so ofc. they want to sell only used copies if they can. But the way they try to force their users to buy used games only is really pathetic, and I hate them for it.
    Not that i disagree with you but look at it this way

Lets say *Gamestop* sells this new 60$ title they only get what like 10$ of it the rest go's to the game company that made it that seems kinda greedy cause the game company would not make any $ if it wasn't for the store selling it.

Then *Gamestop* Sell's a used game for 55$ they get 100% of it and with that they can keep there store's running stock more games and all but at a risk if you buy the used game for 55$ then return it *with gamestop cash back is 7 days* they lose that 55$ they just made off you.

also take a look at xbox live market place army of two is like 20$ on there but in store *gamestop* its 5$ and the servers for it have been shutdown so u can only play it in single player and thats not the only overpriced game on the market place.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    you gotta admit tho with the whole *no money back unless you buy it used* a lot of games should be bought used cause of a lot of hipe then it fails hard thats 60$ wasted.

Me personally i rather not gamble it i perfer to buy used and rarely buy new it depends the title and even then i may wait for it to drop to like 40$ or less.

---------- Post added 2012-04-03 at 02:30 AM ----------

Agreed ill accpt 40$ for a new game anything higher isnt worth it.
    like what i just said in my post i rather not gamble it.
    What I mean is, I am okay paying 60 bucks for skyrim because I know its quality, theres content thats worth it. COD games should be 40-50 bucks because they are not even in the same league.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Not that i disagree with you but look at it this way

Lets say *Gamestop* sells this new 60$ title they only get what like 10$ of it the rest go's to the game company that made it that seems kinda greedy cause the game company would not make any $ if it wasn't for the store selling it.

Then *Gamestop* Sell's a used game for 55$ they get 100% of it and with that they can keep there store's running stock more games and all but at a risk if you buy the used game for 55$ then return it *with gamestop cash back is 7 days* they lose that 55$ they just made off you.

also take a look at xbox live market place army of two is like 20$ on there but in store *gamestop* its 5$ and the servers for it have been shutdown so u can only play it in single player and thats not the only overpriced game on the market place.
    Yes, that would be fine in a world where they'd have their games available as both new and old at equal standards. I'd be fine with it if it was like that. But not the way it is currently, where I can't buy a game there without being asked if I want an old copy instead.

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account
    At my EBgames(gamstop) they always look if they have it used first , when I tell them I want it new they are all <You sure ?>

10+ Year Old Account
    If anyone is interested, here's a nice rant from an ex employee at gamestop talking about many of the things he had to do while he worked there:
    Edit: I probably should make a warning about strong language, just to be sure.

Last edited by Ishu; 2012-04-03 at 03:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by thebum06 View Post
    If anyone is interested, here's a nice rant from an ex employee at gamestop talking about many of the things he had to do while he worked there:
    Edit: I probably should make a warning about strong language, just to be sure.

dont get me wrong im not saying gamestop is all right and dose nothing wrong cause they have done tons of things wrong *remember the deu ex pc verson crap a few months back* sorry if i spelled the name of that game wrong it was made by square enix
    but the video prove's nothing cause it is what it is and that is a rant of a ex employee so its all 1sided. im sure anyone who worked at a place they enjoyed then got fired would hate it or at lease most would.

to sum up the video* its a ex employee that bashs gamestop cause he is a ex employee*

Edit: The Deus Ex thing was both gamestops and square enix fault. Square enix by breaking the contract and gamestop for being idiots and opening pc games to remove the code then resell at a new price.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    The video is very much one sided, I agree, but my experience as a customer is exactly the same. It's a terrible company and I haven't shopped there for a long time now. Thankfully I can buy all digital now. I didn't always have that option.

I dont know why all of you are getting your panties in a bundle and going "OMG CONSOLE GAMING GONA DIE.". I dont know why any of you in your right mind would read any of the shit those fucktards at yahoo news type. They just type shit to fill empty pages wether its meaningless or not. Remember the Dildorang controller that the ps3 was supposed to ship with? yeh never happened but OMG people flipped their shit over a rumor. Stop taking rumors so seriously and just wait to actually announcements have been made.

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account
    I wonder why though . Why would game producers / marketing do something like "Buy your game here an youll get this" . They do it for gamestop , best buy maybe for other but still why they would encourage you to buy your game at gamestop for virtual stuff !

Needs to happen IMO, yes it will have its drawbacks but its a change that will benefit the industry. F Gamestop.

Here is how things works, lets say they increase the price for games to 100$ for new normal games. Some people will complain and not buy them. Others will will buy them whether they cost a leg and arm or not. Others will wait till the price drops...lets say to 60$ then buy it. And so it goes.
    A wise man once said, never understimate stupid people in large numbers. Another said, things change but they stay the same. Anyone claiming that what I wrote is wrong?

Edit: Its like they are telling us, "we give you crab and you like it, so we giving you more crab.".
    Last edited by VXFadhel; 2012-04-03 at 05:57 AM.