Poll: Would you buy the new consoles?

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Don't know the purpose of even having new consoles. How much better could the graphics be? They are already built for HD. So is it for 3D? I don't get it. Then to add the inability to play used games, which would effectively put places like Gamestop and Gamefly out of business, is just a terrible PR move. I can't see myself spending money on either of these new consoles. My PS3 plays Blu Rays and the games that I DO enjoy playing so I'll stick with that and my PC.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by notorious98 View Post
    Don't know the purpose of even having new consoles. How much better could the graphics be? They are already built for HD. So is it for 3D? I don't get it. Then to add the inability to play used games, which would effectively put places like Gamestop and Gamefly out of business, is just a terrible PR move. I can't see myself spending money on either of these new consoles. My PS3 plays Blu Rays and the games that I DO enjoy playing so I'll stick with that and my PC.
    wait you play games based on how good they look.. really?

Quote Originally Posted by Insanoflex View Post
    which rumours? there is literally 1000's.. the law of averages suggests at least a few will turn out to be true.
    Oh specifically the ones about the specifications.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardemon View Post
    Agreed, the price will be far to great in order to buy a new system. I rather sink my money into upgrading my computer before i buy a new system.
    This ^.

Assuming you have a decent motherboard that can handle the upgrades it's generally a cheaper & better option to go with a truly customized computer these days.
    (note never buy a completed name brand off the shelf computer & always do your homework first. It also helps to have a friend that can put stuff together so your not screwed over)

Pretty much every game released on console is released on computer as well, & if not emulators don't cost much. Also as a plus you don't have to worry about exclusive games that aren't cross platform.

Edit: Also assuming you invest wisely in ram & memory you may never have to upgrade it.
    Last edited by zcks; 2012-04-04 at 12:18 AM.
    The way balancing for WOW PVP works is allot like American politics.
    1: Be lazy & ignore problems till the yelling is so loud your cant concentrate.
    2: Refuse to do the things you have Said need to be done, then make up reasons why they cannot be done.
    3: Lay the blame for problems on someone else even when it's your fault because you did all of the above.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    Oh specifically the ones about the specifications.
    what specifications.. im a nintendo fanboy and i follow what they do pretty closely and i still have no idea what they are going to turn up with at e3. Even the other day some inside information has suggested that it wont even be as powerful as 360, ps3 which is clearly bullshit but still its one of the more recent rumours surrounding wii u.

what specifications.. im a nintendo fanboy and i follow what they do pretty closely and i still have no idea what they are going to turn up with at e3. Even the other day some inside information has suggested that it wont even be as powerful as 360, ps3 which is clearly bullshit but still its one of the more recent rumours surrounding wii u.
    No the rumors circulating is that it won't perform the same. If it has the same specs as the 360 (which runs at 720) and then tries to run at 1080p as the rumors indicate it's going to have issues.

My current xbox 360 has been downgraded to a streaming box.. If I had a monitor with HDMI instead of scart, I doubt I would ever be using it anymore. So regardless of whatever they do, I don't think I'll be buying anymore consoles.
    i5 2500K | MSI GeForce GTX 1060 6GB | 2x4GB Kingston HyperX 1600MHz

There are rumored specs, but nothing official. I wouldn't trust anything until E3 though. There are even rumors that WoW will be an eShop title, which is a bit ridiculous.

I'll say this, i don't personally buy used games. However I do like trading them in if money is tight. If any of these rumors are true I won't bother with either system and go pc only. The exclusives won't be worth the investment(precisely why I didn't get a wii). Benefit of the current systems vs next gens is...there's nothing that the next gen systems can do that my current systems pc/xbox/ps3 cant do. I have my bluray player and thats pretty much all i care about..

Every time I see an S replaced with an $, I die a little inside, realize how 'out of touch' I am with the 'hardcore' majority, and be thankful I too haven't become so cynical.

Anyway, probably, if they aren't as crazy overpriced as the PS3 was. $250's about my limit (which obviously means not until a few years after release). I don't see any point in not upgrading if they're that cheap relatively.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't buy used games, I don't sell my games back to anyone.

if the Xbox *insert random number here* and the PS4 have games I want to play, I'll buy them, but as I've bought (checks shelves) ONE new console game in the past... 2ish years, I doubt I'll be doing that

of course when the FFX HD comes out, I'll be buying whatever console that is on.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Caiada View Post
    Every time I see an S replaced with an $, I die a little inside, realize how 'out of touch' I am with the 'hardcore' majority, and be thankful I too haven't become so cynical.
    sorry we "hardcore" are trying to help the "noobs" who think MS stands for Multiple sclerosis.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Profyrion View Post
    This is worse than the "Blizzard won't do Pandaren because China considers them sacred" rumor.

When are you people going to stop spreading it? Do you even know the source?

OK, here's the deal. You want to play hard ball? Let's play. Every time someone reposts this fucking rumor I'm killing a kitten and a puppy and uploading it to YouTube.

Try me.
    I only made this thread to see if people would buy it if it were true. I know it's just a rumor and seeing all the problems they would face if they did this it's probably false. But i only made this thread to see if people would actually buy the new systems if Microsoft and Sony did this to their new consoles.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

I will always buy new Nintendo systems. It's the one brand that won't screw me over (minus Virtual Boy... screw you, red blindness!).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Geminiwolf View Post
    I only made this thread to see if people would buy it if it were true. I know it's just a rumor and seeing all the problems they would face if they did this it's probably false. But i only made this thread to see if people would actually buy the new systems if Microsoft and Sony did this to their new consoles.
    nintendo also make consoles.

sorry we "hardcore" are trying to help the "noobs" who think MS stands for Multiple sclerosis.
    Sorry, no, that's not helping anyone.

If the PS4 and the Xbox decide to kill used games, two things will have to happen almost simultaneously for them to succeed:

1) Digital Downloads of ALL games. If they opt to kill used games (which is a terrible idea), then they will have to kill disks as well (which of course is also terrible).

2) Cheaper games. At $60 per game, they will be pricing themselves into an even more exclusive market then the one they currently reside in. Something's gotta give.

If they do this, I'll pass on console gaming till they wise up (I could be waiting a long time).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Caiada View Post
    Sorry, no, that's not helping anyone.
    I disagree.

Nope.

The only game console I might ever buy is another Xbox again. I never bought a 360 or a PS3. So I don't see myself buying whatever the new ones are being called. I'll be sticking too computer gaming till that dies inside me.

10+ Year Old Account
    More inclined to play games on my PC, I had a PS3 that sat there untouched for 5 months before I decided to sell it and I don't regret it, I've come to the conclusion that i'm pretty much done with them as years have gone by.
    HOOKED ON DIABLOL, GOOD TIMES ARE BEING HAD