Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Gamestop Drops Guildwars 2 CE Pre orders.

Today the manager of my local Gamestop/Ebgames, called to let me know to pick up my money.
    And pre order standard edition.

So uh ya wth?

Read my release date idea, because the only reason to cancel existing 3 month old pre orders is there will not be enough.
    The only reason there is not enough is there is not enough time to make them all before release.

The only reason for that is its coming out April-may like i said.

So looks like im getting digital standard, or racing to retailers for CE on release Day.

I sure hope you're right you damn tree creature

Just hover around best-buy they always have extra collector's editions of PC games. I bought my collector's cata just by walking in on release day and they had a pile of like 30.

Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius.

10+ Year Old Account
    eh, i go to wal-mart to buy my WoW CE's no pre orders, no lines in and out.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Amazing. You have nothing to do now that people who aren't you have cleared Ulduar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    PS: Pandas are awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiveron View Post
    Just hover around best-buy they always have extra collector's editions of PC games. I bought my collector's cata just by walking in on release day and they had a pile of like 30.
    eh, i go to wal-mart to buy my WoW CE's no pre orders, no lines in and out.
    What is this I don't even.....
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiveron View Post
    Our Fry's Electronics here still have Cata CEs. They're going for $29, $10 less than the normal retail box.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivehn View Post
    My brother got a call on a few days ago, They said the same thing except he pre purchased so they let him have the copy reserved. I only got standard pre purchase so they didn't call me.
    I pre purchased full price plus 15 doller tax, and now im only geting 141 back, i just lost 24 bucks.
    And now i cant pre purchase my way into beta and the in game bonus items and 3 day early start. Even if i hover near the store.

Deleted
    why aren't they giving you a full refund

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivehn View Post
    Wait why? All they told my brother was that the people who pre ordered will get a refund. It's probably because there wont be enough copies were you are. They were pretty serious when they told my brother he'd get it.
    Yup well the silver lining is the only reason to do this is the game is out soon as ive said in the past late april early may.

---------- Post added 2012-04-07 at 01:10 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Daffkeeks View Post
    why aren't they giving you a full refund
    15 bucks was on a gamecard when i sent a friend to put something on it for me then later i went to pay 141 after.
    So the refund will split back to the card and to me.

now i have to find another retailer who pre purchases before the 10th.

Quote Originally Posted by Kouki View Post
    I pre purchased full price plus 15 doller tax, and now im only geting 141 back, i just lost 24 bucks.
    And now i cant pre purchase my way into beta and the in game bonus items and 3 day early start. Even if i hover near the store.
    You can't prepurchase from Anet on the 10th?
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Anet said CEs will be extremely limited. They aren't making an indefinite number so that everyone who wants one will get one. This most likely has nothing to do with a release date.

Quote Originally Posted by Kouki View Post
    Yup well the silver lining is the only reason to do this is the game is out soon as ive said in the past late april early may.
    Or because ANet was informed of them pre-selling the game before the April 10th date and contacted them

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by rhandric View Post
    Or because ANet was informed of them pre-selling the game before the April 10th date and contacted them
    And as a result canceled their part of CEs :P.
    Im gonna camp my store around midnight to see if it will be avail the sec 00:00 hits or not, then ofc buy it.

"The street date of prepurchase keys is April 10. Any retailer who distributes them before then is breaking the street date and risks losing their allocation of keys. When we become aware of retailers not abiding by a street date, we contact them immediately and get the situation resolved."

As said by Mike OBrien on Reddit. Could be because of that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    "The street date of prepurchase keys is April 10. Any retailer who distributes them before then is breaking the street date and risks losing their allocation of keys. When we become aware of retailers not abiding by a street date, we contact them immediately and get the situation resolved."

As said by Mike OBrien on Reddit. Could be because of that.
    Sounds about right to me.

Isn't there an official term for people taking "evidence" to support their theories when it has absolutely no connection? Confirmation bias?

Or maybe it's illusory correlation.

I forget.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Wikram View Post
    I sure hope you're right you damn tree creature
    After seeing all of this gameplay I am thinking that while the tree people I could care less about, the asura would be pretty damn cool to play a guardian as.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    You can't prepurchase from Anet on the 10th?
    Not CE Just Deluxe and Reg.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    What is this I don't even.....
    It's true, but bullshit from the company. I per-ordered Forza Motorsport's Collector's Edition from Best buy only to have it cancelled the day it's released, So I go to the store and find out they have dozens of CE's just sitting at the front of the store, it's stupid. Pre-orders just aren't worth it for me anymore, unless there's a special midnight thing going on like this one will more than likely have.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Davisdoesdallas View Post
    After seeing all of this gameplay I am thinking that while the tree people I could care less about, the asura would be pretty damn cool to play a guardian as.
    The Sylvari are the most epic race. Born fully aware, and of past sylvari lives, with afinty to nature and curiosity. At least in the morning evening cycles.

What do human have? what do char have? warmongering races?
    Asura are the next most epic because they impose their will on solid rock to make it into machines.

---------- Post added 2012-04-07 at 02:12 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Naidia View Post
    It's true, but bullshit from the company. I per-ordered Forza Motorsport's Collector's Edition from Best buy only to have it cancelled the day it's released, So I go to the store and find out they have dozens of CE's just sitting at the front of the store, it's stupid. Pre-orders just aren't worth it for me anymore, unless there's a special midnight thing going on like this one will more than likely have.
    In my area midnight launches were cancel d.

10+ Year Old Account
    Time is the greatest teacher, but unfortunately, it ends up killing all of its students.