Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Linry View Post
    eh, i go to wal-mart to buy my WoW CE's no pre orders, no lines in and out.
    Wrong forum bro

Quote Originally Posted by Kouki View Post
    Yup well the silver lining is the only reason to do this is the game is out soon as ive said in the past late april early may.

---------- Post added 2012-04-07 at 01:10 AM ----------

15 bucks was on a gamecard when i sent a friend to put something on it for me then later i went to pay 141 after.
    So the refund will split back to the card and to me.

now i have to find another retailer who pre purchases before the 10th.

Or wait for it, wait for it..... Maybe this is the reason they told you no on the collectors addition?

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/c...ctors_edition/

Can't say with any certainty without them coming out and saying we took X copies away from X company, but this very well could be the reason they called you up and told you to come get your money back. If so it's a bad shake and hopefully the company refunds you the money back and gives you something in regards to a credit for the extra hassle.

But honestly, I wouldn't look for any type of date or indication to be announced til the 10th. Here's hoping only 4 more days of wondering!

Edit*

Because I know someone is going to make me /facepalm. the reason not everyone that ordered from X store(gamestop) got a phone call stating the same thing, is because each(well most) game stop is independently owned
    Last edited by Begottenson; 2012-04-07 at 02:17 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    And, on a more hostile sidenote that I can't put in a news post. Seriously, who the fuck takes mmowned as a reliable source to the point where news sites will just repost it without any double check? Now I'm sad, or mad, or both. I don't know. >
    Thanks Boub for this epic sig! lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Squishy Tia View Post
    Our Fry's Electronics here still have Cata CEs. They're going for $29, $10 less than the normal retail box.
    Same with our gamestop, but I think they're still trying to sell it full price.

Deleted
    you know i would have thought that since the game is in beta, they havn't gone gold so they shouldn't have produced the boxes and stuff etc....that having a limited amount for prepurchase, whether it be standard or CE is stupid, prepurchase meens peope have bought it before its made? Arena net don't lose anything with the prepurchase and only stand to gain so why limit it now, sure limit it for the actual release but right now why?

Shops like gamestop wouldn't have bought in the stock for the CE's since they don't physically exist so they stand to make more money by fufilling all the prepurchases?

I'm confused, maybe my logic is wrong... ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DoriqQC View Post
    Wrong forum bro
    what I'm in the wrong forums because i said WoW? I'm just telling op that wal-mart has CE of games with no lines no pre orders so they can pick it up.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Amazing. You have nothing to do now that people who aren't you have cleared Ulduar.
    PS: Pandas are awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    what I'm in the wrong forums because i said WoW? I'm just telling op that wal-mart has CE of games with no lines no pre orders so they can pick it up.
    It's pretty logical to assume, based on the contents of your post, that you thought this thread was about MoP and not about GW2.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    It's pretty logical to assume, based on the contents of your post, that you thought this thread was about MoP and not about GW2.
    Dude calm down, you're reading way into what his original post said.

I'm pretty sure if he thought this was the wow forums in his original post he wouldn't have said "I buy my WoW CE's" He would've said I'm going to go and buy "MoP" or something to that effect instead.

His statement was a generalization, point blank.
    And, on a more hostile sidenote that I can't put in a news post. Seriously, who the fuck takes mmowned as a reliable source to the point where news sites will just repost it without any double check? Now I'm sad, or mad, or both. I don't know. >
    Thanks Boub for this epic sig! lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Begottenson View Post
    Dude calm down
    Calm down?

There's nothing more calm than logic. ^_^

If anybody needs to calm down, it's Linry, who responded off-topic purely in rage in response to being told he was in the wrong forum, which was a perfectly logical conclusion.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

If it comes out in April-May, I'd be more surprised than if the world actually ends in December this year.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    If anybody needs to calm down, it's Linry, who responded off-topic purely in rage in response to being told he was in the wrong forum, which was a perfectly logical conclusion.
    So...
    That is considered raging? Doesn't seem very "rage filled" to me.

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    If it comes out in April-May, I'd be more surprised than if the world actually ends in December this year.
    QFT.

Given the info we have about beta events and how much polishing they are still doing April/early May seems incredibly optimistic. End of June at the earliest for me.
    Anyway...yes, every retailer that seems to have been cancelled were pre-selling. The ones that I know weren't pre-selling don't seem to be affected.
    We should all just take a note from Anet, chill out, and accept that everything will be done when it's ready and in due course.

Today the manager of my local Gamestop/Ebgames, called to let me know to pick up my money.
    And pre order standard edition.

So uh ya wth?

Read my release date idea, because the only reason to cancel existing 3 month old pre orders is there will not be enough.
    The only reason there is not enough is there is not enough time to make them all before release.

The only reason for that is its coming out April-may like i said.

So looks like im getting digital standard, or racing to retailers for CE on release Day.

Gamestop/EB oversell preorders by at least 100% for every popular game/system made in the last 10 years, with such steadiness, it's like it's written in the employee handbook.

They're probably growing tired of dealing with 40 pissed off nerds for every single title that comes out at every store.
    Apply blizzards model to any other subscription service,you'd be outraged:
    Netflix adds no new movies for a year, you click a new movie, there's a $5 fee.
    You're in an accident, click your onstar button, but there's an addition $20 fee for them to help.
    You turn on your tv only to find all you get are the infomercial channels. Every other show is pay per view.
    See how dumb that model is?

http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/04...chase-options/

Mystery solved gang!

There's been a bit of confusion concerning Guild Wars 2 collector's edition pre-purchases of late. ArenaNet's Mike O'Brien took to Reddit earlier tonight to address the issues, and he had plenty to say about retailer reservations as well as the fact that Amazon isn't listing the CE.

The long and short of it is that any retailer that is distributing keys prior to the April 10th street date is violating said street date "and risks losing [its] allocation of keys." That said, ANet can't stop stores from taking reservations, but O'Brien says unequivocally that "a reservation is not the same as a pre-purchase."

As far as the Amazon situation goes, O'Brien explains that the company was simply unable to deliver digital codes at the time of purchase in addition to physical boxes on release day, so ANet has "reallocated [its] units to other retailers." Finally, O'Brien provides a link to some pre-purchase CE alternatives.

Now I'm curious... if I preordered it online does that mean I have 0 chance of getting it?
    Also, gamestop said they ONLY charge on processing of shipment. I checked my bank acct the day after... already charged and yet the order is still "open" status... Should I be worried?

The game isn't coming out in April or May.

Quote Originally Posted by Squishy Tia View Post
    Our Fry's Electronics here still have Cata CEs. They're going for $29, $10 less than the normal retail box.
    As someone who worked with the retail chain on logistics side once: there is a reason for this. CE boxes take a LOT more storage/shelf space then modern slim DVD packages. As a result, it costs retail chain a lot more to have unsold CE then unsold normal version, and they will want to move them if they can't sell them back to manufacturer.

10+ Year Old Account
    The problem is Wal-Mart is not the CE retailer EB/Gamestop are For NA.
    Without the pre purchase, i cant get into beta 3 day early entry headstart or the hero band.
    Without My CE i lose all the real life items.
    Without a total refund im down to Digital Deluxe.
    And i get fucked in the ass on 15 bucks.

---------- Post added 2012-04-07 at 04:08 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzy View Post
    Gamestop/EB oversell preorders by at least 100% for every popular game/system made in the last 10 years, with such steadiness, it's like it's written in the employee handbook.

They're probably growing tired of dealing with 40 pissed off nerds for every single title that comes out at every store.
    10 people pre purchased at my store, they were only going to do a midnight if more then 100 signed up, and now i cant even get a damn CE. and im fucked 15 bucks.

---------- Post added 2012-04-07 at 04:09 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianCC100 View Post
    The game isn't coming out in April or May.
    All signs point to April may.

No, they don't. They've stated they will have multiple beta tests spanning multiple months, which means that April is out of the question. That leaves the possibility for May, and that's extremely doubtful since that would leave room for a mid/late April test, and then only a handful of tests MAX in May, meaning that they have a barely 2 month public beta cycle, something that is more or less unheard of for a brand new game.

Read the article I linked form Massively, it explains why GameStop/other retailers are pulling certain pre-orders.

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    Read the article I linked form Massively, it explains why GameStop/other retailers are pulling certain pre-orders.
    Rather then link to the article that quotes source, you may consider linking to the source next time:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/c...ctors_edition/

EDIT: Reading through the Reddit, the real reason why Amazon dropped NCSoft on this game's pre-buy becomes clear: Amazon has a policy against charging customers full price for unreleased product. Essentially all games/MMOs offer pre-order beta keys for free, as long as you pre-order with no money/small percentage of total box price needing to be put down. NCSoft appears to have made an early money grab with pre-buy option, and some retailers do not like it.
    Last edited by Lucky_; 2012-04-07 at 05:04 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is not a single sign that does.

I'd love to see it come out that early, but the only thing pointing at such an early launch is optimism and hype.