Best stats for PvP SV hunter?

Hey all,

I've tried to check the interwebz but I've only found a pvp guide on Noxxic, and it says that I should stack Mastery>Crit>Haste? Is that true?
    Also, how much Spell Pen do I want to get?

I know that SV isnt optimal for pvp, but I love it, I wont change to BM or MM ^^

Thanks!

Moonlily,

I've found an interesting site for PvP: Arena Junkies

There you will find some interesting guides for Hunters and you can get your question answered.

I'm not even close to the worst hunter PvP player (since I'm a PvE without any good knowledge for hunter PvP), but I'm learning pretty useful things there.

Honestly PvP survival is wrong right there. If you really want to succeed as a hunter in PvP you need to be MM. Silencing shot and Readiness are just superior to Wyvern which is basically all you get.

PS. Yeah AJ is the best source of info for PvP
    "Druid must be boss, Hunter is just Drain-monkey.

Hunter scatter this rogue.
    Hunter drain that priest.
    Hunter where is frost trap. Bad Hunter! No banana!
    Hunter where is flare? No flare, you get replaced by retarded warrior!"

-Huainy

[/COLOR]
    Quote Originally Posted by Gotjuice View Post
    Honestly PvP survival is wrong right there.
    Read everything before commenting please, on the first post I did say that I know SV isnt optimal, but I dont like MM and BM playstyle, so your comment is uselss to me =/

---------- Post added 2012-04-09 at 07:58 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by XingoJenkins View Post
    Moonlily,

I've found an interesting site for PvP: Arena Junkies

There you will find some interesting guides for Hunters and you can get your question answered.

I'm not even close to the worst hunter PvP player (since I'm a PvE without any good knowledge for hunter PvP), but I'm learning pretty useful things there.
    I've been on AJ before, but all I found was http://www.arenajunkies.com/topic/18...ginners-guide/ and that guide is more than 1 year old - I guess something has changed since then?
    Last edited by Moonlily; 2012-04-09 at 05:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonlily View Post
    I've been on AJ before, but all I found was http://www.arenajunkies.com/topic/18...ginners-guide/ and that guide is more than 1 year old - I guess something has changed since then?
    Nope. Nothing has changed since then. All of our stat weights for PvP are exactly the same. Specs might have changed slightly, but you're basically on your own running an SV spec in PvP anyway. gl;hf

EDIT: Actually, one thing has changed: Tier 13. You absolutely want the 2pc bonus. The meager resilience loss is worth the extra focus regen, especially since once you get even just honor gear, you'll be hitting DRs on resil.

What arenajunkies recommends is still correct.

Only change is that Survival basically needs the 2pc T13 to operate even in BGs to maintain pressure on your target. MM and BM have their burst windows while Survival is more about harassment and constant elemental damage.

Hmm alright, little clarification, what does "Hit Rating (until capped) > Agility > Crit (where Mastery is higher) > Mastery (where Crit is higher) > Haste" exactly mean? If you have more mastery than crit stack mastery and if you have more crit stack crit? That isnt making any sense to my tiny brain =/

Quote Originally Posted by Moonlily View Post
    Hmm alright, little clarification, what does "Hit Rating (until capped) > Agility > Crit (where Mastery is higher) > Mastery (where Crit is higher) > Haste" exactly mean? If you have more mastery than crit stack mastery and if you have more crit stack crit? That isnt making any sense to my tiny brain =/
    Basically you want to hit cap of 5%, Spell Pen cap of 195, then balance your Mastery and Crit as much as possible, similar to how tanks will balance their Dodge and Parry, trying to make them equal.

Quote Originally Posted by Amorise View Post
    Basically you want to hit cap of 5%, Spell Pen cap of 195, then balance your Mastery and Crit as much as possible, similar to how tanks will balance their Dodge and Parry, trying to make them equal.
    Aaaaah that makes sense! Thanks a lot