Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Biggest error is that AV is a bg which includes a boss that doesnt go very well with gear scaling.
    BLZ never cared much about PvP balance but one could at least argue they spent 5 mins to scale boss hp & damage properly each new tier within an xpac.

AV at launch of a new xpac is miles away from the end, hell, now you can zerg him down with 3 towers down without breaing a sweat. Put on some pve tanking gear and you can ignore towers with decent healers.

Only reason some players even cap a tower is the increase in honor.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Decra View Post
    Perhaps they should add Gates to the bases that only open up once the towers in the field is destroyed. That would stop people from just zerging the boss and people will actaully defend towers.
    I love this Idea, I agree with you that would be totally badass. Something that prevents both teams from just ending the fight. But in this case they would either have to remove reinforcements or make the requirement higher.
    Last edited by Nuvuk; 2012-04-10 at 01:49 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why don't the block both entrances to the bases and force people to burn and defend the towers, that way actual pvp happens and there's no advantage.

Edit: Ugh lol, someone beat me too it.
    HOOKED ON DIABLOL, GOOD TIMES ARE BEING HAD

You know what would help. If the NPC's in the Horde town would react. The entire BG can ride by them and none of them are pulled.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well there is the bridge as people have mentioned but my biggest gripe is really that you cannot cap one of the ally bunkers without killing NPC's which is a big time waster (Yes, seconds does matter) While you don't have that problem as Alliance.

Deleted
    I though about making towers mandatory for accessing boss too, but at the end of the day everyone should understand that it would just ruin idea of BG as it would make tower a bottleneck, which is contrary to BG idea. For example no matter how strong is your 15 man group, you cant win ab by rolling over with 15 man raid over all ab. BG idea is that forces must be split for various tasks. Making tower a prequisite would just make 600 reinforcement zergfest at tower.
    Basically AV would be fine if it would be played as it is intended, but metagame have shiftet to very littke confrontation. Basically it boils down to small harassment in order to delay other side. Who better harasses (recaps tower with small team, etc) wins

10+ Year Old Account
    AV isn't broken.

If you want to win as Horde, break the Alliance zerg and win on either reinforcements or quicker capping.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    AV isn't broken.

If you want to win as Horde, break the Alliance zerg and win on either reinforcements or quicker capping.
    Basically this. General rule for AV, in a straight Zerg, ally will win, but with back-capping and pre-emptive tower defense, horde wins.

10+ Year Old Account
    Or, as Horde, cap Stonehearth Bunker to try and get some PvP going.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

15+ Year Old Account
    Need this lil imbalance, practically only BG I can win as ally

10+ Year Old Account
    Basically, take it of random, put it back to it's former AV vanilla self and if people just farm honor, lessen it per kill so that it's more for the fun... Sounds like an anniversary thing they could do and scale everything up.
    Hey everyone

10+ Year Old Account
    It is possible to win as horde with proper defense and a big rush. There is some imbalance with the towers but stealth classes often get by this when multiple classes come to cap by letting you tank the archers XD. We won 3/4 yesterday by holding up in icewing and stonehearth and fighting off the back cap team. Once both were down we rushed north to help finish off van.

The one game we lost they tried to rush Van without taking any towers down... tank death logs showed them taking like ~150k damage a second... which is very difficult if not impossible to heal through especially with the random stuns and all the AoE damage going on.

Ivus or Lokholar spawned makes the best AVs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bitlovin View Post
    If you removed the reinforcement mechanic, you would have premades going in, doing turtles, and farming HKs all day for the 250k HK achieve. (We already do that for the ~620 HKs we get per match, but this would make it much more efficient since we would only have to get one good 40 man simultaneous queue, instead of multiples.) This wouldn't bother people like me a bit, I'd love it, but people would bitch up a storm about it on the forums.
    And the honor would be better because you would have more people leaving and joining.

But all in all, people would hate it and want reinforcements back.

I win Horde zergs and lose Alliance zergs all the time. The Horde base still has some holes in it that need to be fixed, but all in all, it's not much better or worse than the Alliance base.

Just comes down to who has the better executed strategy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    Considering you just linked a graph with no data plotted on it as factual evidence, I think Stanton can infer whatever the hell he wants.
    Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Evidence - Sometimes I abbreviate this ECREE

Deleted
    don't know if this is just a eu tact horde side but the last few days ..its been skip balinda yep she takes 2x longer to down than her horde counterpart run north cap bunkers towers .get 2 pve tanks a few good healers and horde can faceroll while all the alli stood on noob hill wondering what's going on 11/12 wins in one day as horde just takes one good organiser

even if it is unbalanced to slightly favor the alliance, blizzard wont help boost the horde win/loss ratio in random bgs for extremely obvious reasons. anyone with pen and paper can come to the same conclusion!

Here is how to win AV as Horde: I just leveled my Alliance DK from 58-80 in 2 days just from AV so I will tell you guys how to beat us.

1. DONT ZERG
    2. Keep half your team at frostwolf towers in your base as Alliance will always zerg there.
    3. Backcap! Usually only 2-3 people will be in IBT or TP kill them and recap.
    4. Dont lose that GY thats right before your base. That way you can keep pressure on alliance by rezing near the action
    5. FORCE A TURTLE. Unless your running a Rath Strat premade you will lose every single time if you try and play like the alliance and bumrush Vann. We will cap first and Drek will be dead before you can say "Why do we fail at AV so badly" Every single time Horde forced us into a turtle we lost.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Exerus View Post
    I love this Idea, I agree with you that would be totally badass. Something that prevents both teams from just ending the fight. But in this case they would either have to remove reinforcements or make the requirement higher.
    I will totally agree on this ..tho I love the fast hp in a 40 vs 40 is kinda bad when you never see a enemy player the whole bg ..we had one the other day when alliance turtled ..lasted almost 45 mins was the best av I had in a long time

Deleted
    Only way I can see AV being fixed is by removing it entirely from the random BG list, re-add all the removed npc's including the elites and allow bunkers/towers to not only remove a opposite general elite guard but also add one to your own general again, oh and remove the reinforcement system. This way AV is as close to as it can get to what it was supposed to be and only people who actually want to play AV for the fun of it will be there, meaning no more zergs from people who just want it over with.