Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jitters View Post
    This.

Also "Elitist". No sorry, i just prefer working for something in a game rather than it be handed to me. Its worthless If its handed to me. Worst is if i am better than someone I'm called an elitist if i'm worse than someone I'm called a noob. You cant win.
    Elitist is a title someone ~chooses~ to wear. You know when you're an elitist and should be proud of that. However, someone who comes down on other, unrelated players, criticizes their playing, yells at them, loses patience with them, lets them know how they "should" be doing things... this is not an elitist. This is an asshole.

As long as you're not guilty of the latter, let them throw the word around. Makes me smile.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Elitist is a title someone ~chooses~ to wear. You know when you're an elitist and should be proud of that. However, someone who comes down on other, unrelated players, criticizes their playing, yells at them, loses patience with them, lets them know how they "should" be doing things... this is not an elitist. This is an asshole.

As long as you're not guilty of the latter, let them throw the word around. Makes me smile.
    You're confusing "elite" with "elitist". An "elitist" IS a jerk by nature, and is constantly acting superior to others, usually by putting them down.

Someone who is "elite" is skilled, and knows it, but still respects others, and is willing to help and share their knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Taliesyn View Post
    In text, using 'of' instead of 'have' drives me batshit-insane.

It's not 'would of', 'could of', or 'should of'. It's 'would have', 'could have', and 'should have'. Edit: Or "would've", "could've", and "should've".

Petty? Sure. Still aggravates the fuck out of me every time I see it, even if I don't generally see a point in trying to correct (educate, in my mind) the offender.

Overall? Using 'most' instead of 'almost' and 'literally' to mean 'figuratively'.
    Haha, I know, right? "I ate literally a million chicken nuggets." No, you didn't.

On the topic of grammar, though, using apostrophes where they don't belong is aggravating. I don't care if you neglect to use them altogether, but don't put them in random words. Some people seem to think every word where you add an "s" deserves an apostrophe. eg: "I ate some pie's"

Possessive or contraction. Learn it. It is not "pie is" and the pie does not own anything.

not really a phrase but i hate when people say "chai tea" "chai" is tea in russian, so it's like they order tea tea

10+ Year Old Account
    Only Danes (maybe other Scandinavians) will understand this, but it goes like this:

You know the Danish word ‘vindruer’ (plural).
    Some people pronounce it vind-druer, when it’s actually pronounced clearly as vin-druer.
    You don’t pronounce vinflaske like vind-flaske do you?
    VINDRUER! WHY CAN’T PEOPLE JUST.. ARGH!

I'm sure (hope) it's been mentioned before; I could care less.
    The sentence doesn't make sence in any way. Well, except if you could care less.
    What can I do with this one, Aphrodite? She WON'T... STAY... STILL!
    I want to make them beautiful, but they always turn out WRONG!

YOLO...that is all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eorayn View Post
    Only Danes (maybe other Scandinavians) will understand this, but it goes like this:

You know the Danish word ‘vindruer’ (plural).
    Some people pronounce it vind-druer, when it’s actually pronounced clearly as vin-druer.
    You don’t pronounce vinflaske like vind-flaske do you?
    VINDRUER! WHY CAN’T PEOPLE JUST.. ARGH!
    Well... Wow, I don't even know what to say. Really?

Quote Originally Posted by Extremlol View Post
    YOLO...that is all.
    Considering the original meaning of this, yeah. I do get a good laugh out of it, though.
    What can I do with this one, Aphrodite? She WON'T... STAY... STILL!
    I want to make them beautiful, but they always turn out WRONG!

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    "Well..Long Story Short", it's never short at all... >_>

Quote Originally Posted by CRPniko View Post
    not really a phrase but i hate when people say "chai tea" "chai" is tea in russian, so it's like they order tea tea
    Well, yeah, except chai tea is not just tea in English, it's different.

"No offense but..."

Its like NO you're being offensive already stop it.

"No homo."

It's homo to begin with so don't even say you're not homo.

"Get on my level."

Pshhh I'm on a higher level...
    Miranda Rights: Miranda has the right to a decent man to help her raise her baby.

Quote Originally Posted by Paraclef View Post
    All the french expressions in english / american...
    Oui oui, somebody bring the hors d'œuvres, because someone is about to get irritated just like... this! Voilà!