Deleted

Question about holydin stats.

Ok i'm starting to see more paladins with Crit/Mastery over haste.

Has haste taken a back seat?

10+ Year Old Account
    haste still wins out in pure throughput untill you reach about 3.9k i believe it is. then you can start trading in haste for other stats, generally mastery

Could also be a tank healing thing or even people getting into that huge gap between ticks stacking something more useful then trying to make the jump to the next thing.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

10+ Year Old Account
    more haste = more heals out faster, and more mana, it still wins

Its just people that want to be that special snowflake, just go cookie cutter, no reason to try something subpar,
    mastery and crit are both worse throughput stats, regardless of the gaps between new HR ticks.
    Especially since crit would win vs. mastery and crit is jsut unreliable in progression fights.

Only fight where I found it beneficial to go with a crit build during 10man progression was Spine HC to heal through the debuffs (combined with glyph of beacon = WIN)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by noepeen View Post
    Its just people that want to be that special snowflake, just go cookie cutter, no reason to try something subpar,
    mastery and crit are both worse throughput stats, regardless of the gaps between new HR ticks.
    Especially since crit would win vs. mastery and crit is jsut unreliable in progression fights.
    There's nothing special snowflake about it, haste is only better on paper. Fights like Madness and Ultraxion (not so much anymore) haste is nearly useless.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by noepeen View Post
    So much cynicism and down right wrong information.

You'll find that most Holy Pally's will just stack haste because it's the easy thing to do and requires no thought process. Mastery is an interesting way of healing that I personally do not enjoy. The numbers it puts out are fairly impressive though and Illuminated Healing output is staggering. Now crit build is where things get very interesting. Often times some of the Top 10 WoL parsers for fights tend to stack crit. I myself stack crit and find the play style to be VERY superior in Dragon Soul. Even when you get screwed over by RNG (something you have to live with using crit) your healing is still very high.

Don't be afraid to try things out. Many "talented" healers easily get stuck in their ways and stop trying to get better. haste is cool but I honestly don't think it is the superior stat anymore. All just comes down to preference.

edit: If you look at my armory I do still have some haste / int gems because I am still analyzing the crit build and if I wanna stick with it the rest of DS.