Thread: Cant Preorder?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Same issue. Keeps saying my debit card info is wrong but I've checked it many times now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CJack14dt View Post
    Same issue. Keeps saying my debit card info is wrong but I've checked it many times now.
    Maybe you could attach your debit card to your paypal account and pay that way.

EDIT: Won't work according to the OP

Well it's not working for *ME* but obviously many many players have bought it one way or the other. I'll be leaving in 5 minutes to get my copy from gamestop - something goes wrong there I guess I'll just have to burn the mother down

And for the record I opened a support ticket with Anet at the first sign of trouble. Going on 48 hours now without a reply - I know it might not seem like alot; but Blizzard has set the gold standard of customer support where tickets were usually answered in a couple hours at the most.

Quote Originally Posted by Novmiech View Post
    And for the record I opened a support ticket with Anet at the first sign of trouble. Going on 48 hours now without a reply - I know it might not seem like alot; but Blizzard has set the gold standard of customer support where tickets were usually answered in a couple hours at the most.
    Not sure if you've ever opened a ticket on the day an expansion comes out, but the time it takes even blizzard to answer tickets goes up majorly on days like that.
    They're likely getting bombarded with questions, patience.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well it's not working for *ME* but obviously many many players have bought it one way or the other. I'll be leaving in 5 minutes to get my copy from gamestop - something goes wrong there I guess I'll just have to burn the mother down

They are getting hammered, and Blizzard do not answer tickets in a couple of hours, not even in game when there is nothing major going on, not in my history of WoW anyway.(granted i stopped playing 6 months ago, but i highly doubt they have improved that much)

From GW2 Twitter:

Guild Wars 2 ‏ @GuildWars2 Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
    Please bear with us as we try to get through them as fast as possible, current wait times are averaging in the region of 24hrs (2/2) ^AT
    16h Guild Wars 2 ‏ @GuildWars2 Reply Retweet Favorite · Open

As you may expect our support teams are dealing with a high volume of queries related to pre-purchase, beta and account issues (1/2) ^AT

Went to gamestop they told me they were NOT doing prepurchase and were NOT giving out beta keys. I had to hold the guys hand and walk him through the process and I got my key and registered no problem. =P Whats too bad is they said they had already turned away alot of people because they simply didn't know.

And yes blizzard really does answer tickets that fast - they simply prioritize them - and rightfully so. If you open a ticket that says something like "my friend XYZ-NAME has been hacked! halp!" you will get a response in under 10 minutes. I usually got my replies within a couple hours and I don't think it ever took even 24 hours to get a reply - and I have been playing from vanilla until about a month ago. In every instance but a one time very minor bug report - my ticket was resolved on the first contact.

I dated a GM for a couple years - she worked the graveyard shift, weekends and holidays. I got to hear first hand from her how rigorous the standards are for customer satisfaction and speedy resolution. I'm not a Blizz fan boy by any stretch but I can honestly say I have never had such a reliably good customer service interaction as I have had with Blizzard - with any company and any product. And frankly since Blizzard is going to be the primary competitor to ANet there is no reason to not make the comparison between the two companies.

Also going on 3 days now and I still have not heard back from ANet (not that it matters now) - my friend has the same situation, and has also not heard back.

i dont care about the toy so i just went right to anet and it worked fine.

It shouldnt be this hard for me to give people my money
    hehe, I don't know why but I laughed almost 2 minutes lol

Are you sure the problem is not with the personal information, like your name and expiration date?

100% positive. I mean I understand how I could misread the 01/23 experation date once, even twice but I have tried to purchase something like 12 times before I just gave up and went to a store. Paypal has all that info saved so there is nothing for me to mess up even. And now like I said my best friend is having the exact same issues.

Its all good now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just saying no matter if you are selling cars or hamburgers I can't fathom a product where it is a good business practice to NOT take the money that people are trying to give you.
    You say that as if you expect shoving your money at the monitor to work or something...

The issue is at your end, and probably has more to do with your card or your Paypal account than whatever systems they have set up. :S
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    You say that as if you expect shoving your money at the monitor to work or something...

The issue is at your end, and probably has more to do with your card or your Paypal account than whatever systems they have set up. :S
    After using FOUR different approved payment methods to try to buy the game - I think I might have better luck doing that.

In the last week I have ordered online: a pizza, plane tickets, booked a hotel, boat tickets, booked a different hotel, bought tickets to a dinner theatre, and paid for my rental car in advance.

With paypal I have bought two gifts from two different websites.

The only common factor is Anet.

Similar situation with my friend - while he doesn't make half the purcahses I do, they are all online via card or paypal and he cant get anything to work through Anet =\

Whatever I have my gamestop copy - now I guess I don't have to care who/what/why =P
    Last edited by Novmiech; 2012-04-13 at 03:22 AM.

Ive had to many issues with it aswell. First of all browser issues(read: the website having issues with various browsers), where it would either flat out not work (Firefox) and return an error when i tried prepurchasing. Or wouldnt be supported (IE), then i updated IE and it worked. Only it would randomly change language settings. And after putting my info in, i had to remove 1 letter from my email and add it again or i couldnt click purchase. Weird bugs happening.
    Same thing happend to my gf, and on the computers at work. So there are definetly issues on the end of their webservice.

I dont have a creditcard, so i tried paypal. Which suddenly didnt work anymore and couldnt do direct transfer, so i called paypal and they claimed everything on their end was fine and it should work.
    In the end i just went to the local gamestore and prepurchased two copies there, so now im settled.