Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    There have been many many time in which I got stomped and still thought it was a good game. Losing does not equal bad. I try and learn a little from each loss. Also one can be impressed by a clearly better opponent. A good loss is almost as much fun as a good win. A quick loss is still a learning experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by Porcell View Post
    "Sir, you'll have to move, you are blocking the fire exit."
    "Excuse me, but if you have legs and are flammable, you are NEVER blocking a fire exit." I'd run.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkhias View Post
    Actually, the deluge has been very enlightening to me. Lesson of the week is to not go out of your way to treat people with respect because there is a 90% chance they are narcissistic douchebags.

10+ Year Old Account
    As a few other people have said, GG is a compliment if you played well or sarcasm if you didn't.

It's usually a form of sarcasm. If one team totally wrecks the other team then goes "gg", it's just like saying "haha newbs, you suck". Now if two teams battled it out and it came down to the wire, "gg" could be a compliment. It's easy to think the game was good when you're having fun and winning, as you don't think about how much fun the other team is having when they can't do anything.

It all depends on the game, but today when someone says "gg", it's most likely a troll trying to get an argument going because everyone knows it wasn't a good game for the loosers. I'll only do "gg" if I had fun and the other team didn't get murdered.

Deleted
    Sad how most people think "Good game" is meant sarcastically. Yes, when one team is completely overwhelming the other, it might be sarcasm, but usually, after a close match, it is just what it seems: A compliment, courtesy and respect for the others.

I remember countless of Q3A matches (for everyone under the age of 18: Google it) where you would compliment the other for a direct hit (railgun!) or after a close match where two players followed each other all over the map, while dodging others players

Don't take everything as an insult. Some people are just genuine en sincere when they say something like "Good game"...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnowo View Post
    Sad how most people think "Good game" is meant sarcastically. Yes, when one team is completely overwhelming the other, it might be sarcasm, but usually, after a close match, it is just what it seems: A compliment, courtesy and respect for the others.

<snip>

I was going to post this. Maybe its an age thing (I'm not even old, Im only 23) or they don't teach sportsmanship in schools anymore. When I say GG, win or lose, I mean it. Not sarcasm. Its a verbal handshake. Its amazing how people can't grasp why you say 'good game' after any competition.

Good game is like saying "Well played enemy team, you have beaten us fair and square". It's admitting you lost and paying respect to the winning team.

Hell, I still say "GF" (good fight) on most of my duels in all games I play.
    Last edited by Grable; 2012-04-11 at 06:52 AM.
    "Loss of blood... My only weakness!"
    ~ Warlord Khan, Magicka

Anyway, if you don't already see where I'm going with this, allow me to spell it out: the only meaningful MMORPG "endgame" -- i.e., something novel to do after the progression process is over -- is that of the sandbox.

10+ Year Old Account
    I had 3 matches like this today 2 of which were farms and all at 85.... the first was in AB we stomped them and just had 5 people camping thier base next i did gilneas where we ended up killing them as they spawned on the ship... and lastly Isle of conquest where we turtled to a victory with 130 men left and no one getting fewer than 125hks in each one the team said GG because for alliance a gg means not losing

Saying it, is showing respect and manners (nothing wrong with that). Not saying it, though doesnt not indicate lacking them (manners and respect). However, people are starting to use them in a bad way (like an insult or making fun of others). Just as many said before, its like shaking hands after a match.

10+ Year Old Account
    If I win a LoL game by the other team surrendering or we just owning them quick I always say "bg", as well... it is a bad game.