Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Free "bonus" faction change? Possible bug?

So, me and a friend of mine both bought a faction change last night before maintenance. Used it and continued to play as normal. When we both logged in later, we found our self another one. We can't find any history on our bnet account, but it's there as "pending". Is it safe to use it? Should I report this? How did we get it? :3

Been a while since anyone I know used one but I though you had 24 hours before any changes are final. I could be wrong tho.

Deleted
    Report it. Don't use it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd probably report it and they'll likely remove it. If you used it, they could potentially revert the change back, but I can't imagine any purpose to changing and then changing back anyway.

Deleted
    Seems to be a bug, a few people have reported it. I would advise against using it.

This happened to me with a race change. Early March, I race changed my druid from a Worgen to a Night Elf. The next day, I realized how much I missed my Worgen, so I was going to change it back as soon as I could. Upon logging in, I saw the icon again, offering the race change. No charge to my cards, no mention of it in my account. So I let it sit there for three days as I pondered my decision. I used the "free" race change to Worgen, and I'm so happy I did. Anyway, it's been over a month and I've been playing the character every day with no problems.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockbox View Post
    Use it. Don't report it.
    Fixed that.
    Look! Words!

Quote Originally Posted by TheSilverKnight View Post
    Been a while since anyone I know used one but I though you had 24 hours before any changes are final. I could be wrong tho.
    They changed the system, instead of selecting races and stuff through the website, you just buy it and you get an in game icon next to your character, click it and you are brought into a sort of character creation screen where you can change your race.

I had this happen to me the other day. Went from Alliance to Horde on my Rogue, icon popped up next day. I ticketed a gm and this morning they said there was nothing they could do about it, it's a known bug, but basically you have a free transfer back if you so desired, and you are not charged for it.

Use it. They will just undo the faction change if it's deemed a bug.

Quote Originally Posted by Noobadin View Post
    I´m sorry but whats the point in that? why change factions just to change back again?

Quote Originally Posted by arons4 View Post
    I´m sorry but whats the point in that? why change factions just to change back again?
    What about switching a second character?

Quote Originally Posted by arons4 View Post
    because they might not waste their time changing it back

15+ Year Old Account
    because they might not waste their time changing it back
    It's a button-click. No time to waste. If the system flags it as a bug, they'll revert it.

Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    What about switching a second character?
    It's pinned to the character that just got the transfer. Least it was for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Fabled View Post
    It's pinned to the character that just got the transfer. Least it was for me.
    Ah, didn't know that.

Got the same thing OP, did a faction Change a week ago and 4 days later another option to faction change again

Deleted
    Okey, awesome! Thanks for the replies everyone. I'll probaly let it sit for a couple of days before I use it. Awesome chance of making some extra gold by taking over the horde market as well as the alliance one.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LacrymoZa View Post
    Okey, awesome! Thanks for the replies everyone. I'll probaly let it sit for a couple of days before I use it. Awesome chance of making some extra gold by taking over the horde market as well as the alliance one.
    All I can say is don't come crying if they charge/suspend your account
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

and what is the point? if it not a bug they will tell you your free to move him.
    using exploits/bugs isn't smart. there tons of people who get temp ban for using exploits/bugs when they use it.

so just tell them even if it is a bug they might give you one for free because your are honest.

---------- Post added 2012-04-11 at 08:38 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by slozon View Post
    agree 100% on this. you have been warned.

---------- Post added 2012-04-11 at 08:38 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by slozon View Post
    agree 100% on this. you have been warned.