Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Deleted

Yeah they've definately killed any attempt at tanking/demo pvp now

Demonology

Nether Plating now increases Armor Contribution from items by 250% in Demon Form, down from 400%. The duration of stun and snare effects is reduced by 35%, up from 20%.

Glyphs

Inscription: Glyph of Metamorphosis now grants the ability Dark Apotheosis (old - Threatening Presence) and now reduces damage taken by 2%, down from 5%.
    Oh Noes, There goes my excitement

And? Demo was not intended to be tank... Would feel really weird if they made Demonology tank spec and just for changing 1 glyph...

The point is that a lot of people were going to insist on trying it to try and force Blizzard to work towards it happening

Deleted
    well it's pretty pointless now.
    At least if we had a glyph to make meta as strong as dispersion for example, we could soak thing like blackouts / hours of twilight mechanics, but this is useless now

We had that without Meta, through Dark Bargain/Soul Link (it's more powerful than it looks)/Sacrificial Pact. As long as they don't remove the crit reduction (they can't, if the intent is us be backup tanks in emergencies) we can still do the job they intended, and there will still be people who try to tank, it will just be more difficult

Demonology better be hitting hard if they continue to nerf the armor bonus! We had that on live and there's really no reason for them to nerf that if we don't hit that hard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sugarfree View Post
    Demonology better be hitting hard if they continue to nerf the armor bonus! We had that on live and there's really no reason for them to nerf that if we don't hit that hard.
    It's because the Glyph offers a 100% uptime on that armour bonus. That would be pretty OP on live. And yes, we will hit pretty hard when we shift stances back to 'real' Meta.

Deleted
    Definitely for pvp balancing this time. Bye Bye demo tank.

10+ Year Old Account
    Definately saw that one coming. No way Blizzard is going to turn dps spec into tank spec with just a glyph. If they are going to be able to tank, then they will get 4th talent tree. It would be kinda weird and counterproductive now when Blizzard seperates feral tank and feral dps into their own trees because of balance issues, and then at the same time turn demonology into both tank and dps tree.

Same thing with dk tanking and dps'ing with all 3 trees, which didn't work out too well.

Good IMO let the green orc warriors tank.

That armor was one of the big reasons I survived warriors and rogues in live (and to their horror pop immolation aura), how i am going to survive now?

For the love of....

They're only doing this because of this fotm glyph (which is now pretty useless btw) allowing for 100% meta uptime. Just take the glyph out (again, useless now) and give me back my 600% armor bonus, because that was very useful at times the way it is on live.

At least only make the nerfed armor apply if you have the glyph equipped.

“There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”

Damnit blizzard, really? I never played a warlock past like level 20. I've actually been leveling one for the sole purpose of tanking old content and heroics later on. Would have been such a fun and unique thing, and they ruin it. Thanks blizzard ='(

Deleted
    And now I only hope we can still solo with this at least

So is that Fury Ward the new Twilight Ward? High cost but rather low cd.

Quote Originally Posted by Ysen View Post
    And now I only hope we can still solo with this at least

Yeah... maybe it really is time for me to give up any last hope, and just ditch this shit toon and start working on my druid.

They may have killed it for tanking, but in the case of pvp it just seems they toned it down a bit because in a pvp situation it seems like it will be very very strong if not OP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vecnuh View Post
    That armor was one of the big reasons I survived warriors and rogues in live (and to their horror pop immolation aura), how i am going to survive now?
    Now we actually have separate survival cooldowns like Undending Resolve you get as a baseline, or you can talent Sacrificial Pact.

10+ Year Old Account
    warlock tanking is not happening, ever.
    and the people that claim "almost all wls want this!" are either lying or delusional. the silent majority that does not cry on the forums wants to keep their demo dps spec, and making just one glyph change the entire spec to tank is plain absurd.
    In the end the winner is still the last man standing.

15+ Year Old Account
    I can't say I'm surprised. The fact that the entire Warlock community came up and said "Yay we're gonna be tanks now!" is the sole reason why they're changing it. The glyph made Warlocks look too much like a tank, more so than Blizzard had intended, that people just took tanking for granted without a word from the developers. So now they're forced to dial it back to not confuse players and lead them to think that they are going to be actual tanks, because that was never Blizzard's intention.

And this was after thousands cried on the forums to make it "better" not worse.

Blizzard has a long, long, long history of killing anything remotely fun, and warlocks are always the first target.

Ohh well don't expect too see more warlocks a month past release, after the pet 'novelty' wears off.
    They'll be just as rare a sight as they are now in live game.