Thread: Path of Exiles!

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

Path of Exiles!

Is so damn amazing and after playing that, makes me semi regret getting diablo 3 now .

Oh well, D3 will still be a good game, just...man. Path of exiles makes d3 feel so awful.

Quote Originally Posted by Soutalgon View Post
    Is so damn amazing and after playing that, makes me semi regret getting diablo 3 now .

Oh well, D3 will still be a good game, just...man. Path of exiles makes d3 feel so awful.
    How so? Can you explain some more..

I got into the PoE beta ages ago, played it for a bit and quit. Heh. Maybe I should of played more.

Unrelated games, one of which is F2P somehow affect each other? News to me.

I've played PoE, haven't done anything with D3, and will probably play both when they are released. And, really, why wouldn't I? Why would I let one completely unrelated experience sour another?

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    diablo 3 did not really follow the footsteps of D2(which is fine), however as a gamer I feel it is really steering away from what made gaming fun in order to appeal to the type of gamer that wants very easy to figure out ways to just play. Again, nothing wrong with it, just seems to step away from D2. I predict that d3 will be heavily and finely balanced around arena play to ensure blizzard has another 'cash cow' to milk.

To me, blizzard has lost the passion when it came to making great and innovative games. To me, its a huge step backwards to remove customization, have very few skills among the classes, I personally don't find the art direction to be very pleasing for some reason. Hell, I remember how excited I got when they added Synergy among spells in diablo 2. Where are all those cool features?

Don't get me wrong, d3 will be a great game. I just can't help but imagine what a greater game it could of been. PoE has a fraction of the resources and excited me more with its art style and game play. Shrug.

diablo 3 did not really follow the footsteps of D2(which is fine), however as a gamer I feel it is really steering away from what made gaming fun in order to appeal to the type of gamer that wants very easy to figure out ways to just play. Again, nothing wrong with it, just seems to step away from D2. I predict that d3 will be heavily and finely balanced around arena play to ensure blizzard has another 'cash cow' to milk.

To me, blizzard has lost the passion when it came to making great and innovative games. To me, its a huge step backwards to remove customization, have very few skills among the classes, I personally don't find the art direction to be very pleasing for some reason. Hell, I remember how excited I got when they added Synergy among spells in diablo 2. Where are all those cool features?

Don't get me wrong, d3 will be a great game. I just can't help but imagine what a greater game it could of been. PoE has a fraction of the resources and excited me more with its art style and game play. Shrug.
    "Shut up PvP guy" really implies anything to do with them wanting to balance Arena in D3, amirite?

Assumptions make poor logical conclusions. You're entitled to whatever opinion you'd like to have, but rationalizing you not liking changing design as a business decision by a greedy company is nonsense.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm actually pro(as in for) pvp. It's a shame it got gutted for release so they can 'perfect' it to make it a marketable cash cow like they did with WoW arenas and SC2 tournaments. Think the game without pvp will suffer more then it already is from what I perceive thus far to be a really big removal of the PvE aspects from d2.
    Last edited by Soutalgon; 2012-04-14 at 03:47 AM. Reason: Just more info

I'm actually pro(as in for) pvp. It's a shame it got gutted for release so they can 'perfect' it to make it a marketable cash cow like they did with WoW arenas and SC2 tournaments.
    The bolded is fine. The rest is an illogical assumption. Blizzard wants to make the gameplay good, so that means they want to make a whole bunch of money off of it? Seriously, where's the goddamn evidence instead of poor rationalizations?

Blizzard has routinely held off things from release so that they could make them better. Sometimes it's whole games. Now with updates much easier than before and PvP not being vital at all to D3, they can just hold off that one unimportant part off. Making people angry by delaying it will make them so much money in the future when they then somehow turn arenas into a cash cow!(?)

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Do you not see the constant streams all around for WoW arenas and SC2? Yes, you'll argue that the community is doing it that, yet a closer inspection is that blizzard now has constantly 'free' advertisement for their products. I am not even saying its wrong for them to make money mind you, I am saying that the blizzard that got this big, did so by making awesome and passionately built games. I am saying as someone who has played blizz games since high school and I am 29 now, you can feel that lack of passion. Its churn out a game or sequel/expansion as often as you can, make subscriptions or ways to tax the players for selling items(RMAH).

Blizz 8 years ago would of not released d3 without the pvp aspect. Blizz of 8 years ago would of taken a risk and added some new aspects to the franchise instead of taking away. Again, the game is 'good' and will do 'fine,' yet again, to someone like myself who wonders what the game could of been if those at the helm were passionate individuals.

Do you not see the constant streams all around for WoW arenas and SC2? Yes, you'll argue that the community is doing it that, yet a closer inspection is that blizzard now has constantly 'free' advertisement for their products. I am not even saying its wrong for them to make money mind you, I am saying that the blizzard that got this big, did so by making awesome and passionately built games. I am saying as someone who has played blizz games since high school and I am 29 now, you can feel that lack of passion. Its churn out a game or sequel/expansion as often as you can, make subscriptions or ways to tax the players for selling items(RMAH).

Blizz 8 years ago would of not released d3 without the pvp aspect. Blizz of 8 years ago would of taken a risk and added some new aspects to the franchise instead of taking away. Again, the game is 'good' and will do 'fine,' yet again, to someone like myself who wonders what the game could of been if those at the helm were passionate individuals.
    I'm not seeing how SC2 and WoW being competitive money makers means D3 will somehow be designed to be the same. I have a feeling I know why I'm not seeing it.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Guess one of us will be wrong in the coming times then. I'm not afraid to be wrong either, though, I would be willing to wager I won't be.

---------- Post added 2012-04-13 at 11:05 PM ----------

I do find it interesting though, you have stated you have not played D3, yet I have played both games rather extensively. shrug.

Deleted
    Path of Exiles looks like something I would like to play, which is strange. Usually watching a video of gameplay of most games I haven't played yet makes me feel like I'm not interested but playing them often changes that.

As for D3, I'm not really sure what to think of it. I don't like a lot of the changes they made to it as I prefer complex and deep but easy to start as Blizzards games used to be. Now they're mostly just easy and the depth and complexity is replaced with vanity crap(useless mounts, outfits, ingame pets etc. that they sell for real life money) and PvP.

I have played both games and PoE is no where near D3. The skill tree in PoE gives you huge amount of choices but each choice mean very little. It's just boring. In ARPG I can tell which game is more fun by just hitting the first pack of monsters. If it feels good then it will be good if it's not then I it won't be. I would rather play TL2 than PoE. I have my opinion about what's bad in D2 and Blizzard happened to fix all of that in D3 so I am really happy with the direction D3 is going.
    Last edited by Wildmoon; 2012-04-14 at 06:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    I have played both games and PoE is no where near D3. The skill tree in PoE gives you huge amount of choices but each choice mean very little. It's just boring. In ARPG I can tell which game is more fun by just hitting the first pack of monsters. If it feels good then it will be good if it's not then I it won't be. I would rather play TL2 than PoE. I have my opinion about what's bad in D2 and Blizzard happened to fix all of that in D3 so I am really happy with the direction D3 is going.
    "With books I can tell which is better by the cover"

Deleted
    It's fun :d