Deleted

Disconnect while flying and WoW in Background

Hi, i´ve seen a bluepost regarding this issue, but it got locked.

The "blue" said, the issue can be resolved by setting "Max Background FPS" to a "low" value.

Buuut.... it doesn't change a thing.

Anybody does know more?

E: I think i found a workaround.

Open and "maximising" the Worldmap while being tapped out seems to work.
    Last edited by mmoc437f6faa3d; 2012-04-30 at 02:46 AM.

Honestly, no. The same thing happens to me, best I've been able to do is re-log. Wonder why this is.

I think it might have something to do with WoW getting less resources from your computer when in the background, so when you're flying and constantly loading new areas it gets overloaded and disconnects you. Try reduce the graphic settings and see of that helps.

play in fullscreen windowmode

lower the background FPS to low, like REALLY low lol. if that doesn't work, not much you can do

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I play in windowed fullscreen with my internet browser not maxed. Seems to have fixed it for me.

Yeah windowed mode will fix it. I like fullscreen though and it is a consistent bug with it that's known but I've never seen a word of a fix for it from a blue.
    So windowed is about the best you can do atm.

10+ Year Old Account
    ya i get this in fullscreen mode also so i just go get a drink or joke w/ ppl in vent or gchat

i always leave wow on bg flying and never have disconected me, and my settings are on high, you should try reducing background fps that seems to work for me, i also play on windowed

Quote Originally Posted by Finear View Post
    play in fullscreen windowmode
    this. /thread

Deleted
    I also had this problem getting dc while flying while alt-tabbed (always at end point of FP) on my old computer even with background fps set to 1 or 2. I believe it began with cata release, so I actually thought it was a bug at 1st. Didn't try windowed mode though, so not sure if that would have fixed it for my old computer.

However on my new computer it doesn't happen even if i play in non-windowed full screen mode, so its probably as someone said: WoW probably gets to little resources to load all content if your computer is a bit slow.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakpoth View Post
    I think it might have something to do with WoW getting less resources from your computer when in the background, so when you're flying and constantly loading new areas it gets overloaded and disconnects you. Try reduce the graphic settings and see of that helps.
    This happens to me all the time and Sakpoth is on the same train of thought that I am about the cause.

That can't be it alone. I can play on fullscreen mode and a friend of mine turns into a drake or gets on a rocket, and I get on as well. Then he flies around from area to area and even tabbed out wow is rock solid and there is no issue with disconnects if I'm just riding along on another player's mount.
    But if I fly around alone or get on a taxi I dc as soon as I change a zone.

Deleted
    I think i found a workaround.

Open and "maximising" the Worldmap while being tapped out seems to work.

used to happen to me, the solution is run as windowed, NOT fullscreen
    Be feared, or be fuel

Deleted
    That would be a workaround too, and for most a bad one because of the massive fps-decrease in windowed mode (your milage may vary).

I have turned my FPS down to the minimum when in the background, and turned the sounds on when in background and never have the problem any more.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dietrik View Post
    I have turned my FPS down to the minimum when in the background, and turned the sounds on when in background and never have the problem any more.
    Ok, _that_ would be great! I'm testing, thanks!

15+ Year Old Account
    windows mode full screen is the way i fixed it, but a second screen to do desktop stuff on works too :P