Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Sills View Post
    Its an amazing movie and certainly one of my favorites. Ive seen it a ton of times. It goes to show that you dont need gunfights and explosions to make a great movie.
    MICHAEL BAY EXPLOSIONS!!!
    MI-BA-BLA-BA SPLOSION!!!!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7ssUivM-eM
    Sorry, I had too. lol

10+ Year Old Account
    I remember I watched it at the cinema, have not seen it since lol. Maybe I should.. I was only 10 when it came out.
    Just wish it would be someone else than Leonardo DiCaprio, I can't stand him :P

From what I remember it wasn't all that good, then again I was a kid.

i think it's funny that the length of the movie was longer than what it actually took for the titanic to sink in general.
    Haha, yeah. I remember people said so, kinda hilarious :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I thoroughly enjoyed watching it when I was younger, I thought it was a pretty good movie pretty much due to the sheer magnitude of destruction. I didn't get the whole sex scene however until I watched it again when I was a little older. I still think it's a good movie, but I'm not interested in viewing it in 3D.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kylecat15 View Post
    Eh opinion is opinion but you clearly do not know what makes a movie good, its all about the story. I agree, back in the day when it first came out I loved it and I have ever since.
    It’s not all about the story. Stupidest thing I have ever heard. To judge a movie, you have to look at cinematography, editing, sound, direction, acting performances and the story. And more than that. You can’t just conclude whether it was good or not good based on the story exclusively.

OT: Titanic is one of my favorite films, I have watched it five times now (just saw it for the fifth, they showed it on national television because of the 100 years anniversary). I agree that some of the dialogue is cheesy (e.g. “Rose!” “Rose” “ROSE!!!”), but if you look at it from the above perspective it is an absolutely fantastic film. It has plenty of qualities you rarely find in any movie.

Maybe it'll pass Avatar on the all time box office sales list.

I mean, that many people can't be wrong about a movie. It's good.
    "Why do all supposed 'centrists' just sound like right wingers?"

"Also, can I just say that I think AOC would absolutely fucking annihilate Greene if Greene ever dared take an actual swing at her?" -- The state of the MMO-C circlejerk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hexotic View Post
    People who hate on this movie tend to be of younger age, or simply brainwashed by modern movies. Everything today is high pace and in your face. But yeah, Titanic was amazing back when I saw it when it just came out, and watched it again yesterday, so good....
    34 and never liked it. I'm not into love movies though so that would be the reason why.

I saw it when I was 5... Go figure..I couldn't stop crying when Jack died even though I didn't understand what was going on. Being so young my parents were the ones reading the subtitles for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tauchs View Post
    i think it's funny that the length of the movie was longer than what it actually took for the titanic to sink in general.
    The movie was 3hr 15min or something like that. About 90 min of that spent on the Titanic sinking? And didn't the actual ship take 2 1/2 hrs? I may be off but I'm sure the sinking scenes were shorter then real life...
    Battletag: Vale#11596
    Armory - Twitter - Stream