Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    So, apparently I'm a "soulless cretin who didn't know when to quit" because expect a fantasy universe to be enjoyable, consistent and making sense for a prolonged time. Apparently if I can see the failures that personalities of Garrosh, Varian and others are I have somehow lost a soul... which is not only an insult, but a pretty weird one. I mean, if it came from a medieval peasant, I would understand it... but still not get offended.

Personalities of established Warcraft characters have been hijacked by overpowered newcomers with not an inch of consistent characterisation. If your response to this argument is that I'm a "soulless cretin", then I pity you.
    "Hoof'd demon, says I!"

Deleted
    Deathwing imo

Everyone who's reply is not an emphatic "Med'an" is completely and utterly wrong. Varian, Garrosh, Thrall, Sylvanas, and Tyrande may annoy you, but they all have at least some grounding in the reality of Warcraft. Med'an is bad fan fiction.

This is how Med'an comes across : (Med'an = Brian) http://www.dorkly.com/video/36319/fa...-dragon-ball-z

Quote Originally Posted by Amberdawn View Post
    Totally with you on this one!
    Yeah, Cata Thrall makes me want to skew my eyes.
    There are good people in every corner of the planet. Unfortunately, the Earth is round.

Deleted
    I like Thrall and all but ... best shaman ever ?

No way.. at least I flame shock before Lava Bursts ...

Aggra.

(What they did to) Thrall.

(What they did to) Maiev.

Rhonin.

Martyfurion Samrage...ahem, Malfurion.

Oh God how can I forget Aggra... her voice alone makes my ears wanting to pack their coffers

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xucuroz View Post
    Love how people are listing Varian, Garrosh ect. They aren't even that bad, at least they HAVE character.

I'd go with Lor'Themar, as yeah, who is he again? Ask most people on WoW and they won't know. Hes never done anything and probably never will. Hes the very definition of having no character, personality at all.They should have made the blood elf racial leader Lady Liadrin, as at least she was pretty notable in Burning Crusade. WoW could also use a few more strong women leaders.
    Have to agree with you there Lady Liadrin would have been perfect. A Blood Knight Matriarch leading the blood elves would fit perfectly into the current horde.
    Aye mate

10+ Year Old Account
    I used to like thrall in WC3, he was an awesome character but in Cata he became a lame piece of shit.

I don't want him back as warchief ever, too bad he didn't die in DS.

Deleted
    Oh, I'd like to add that Anduin is shaping up to be an awful child prodigy can do no wrong character. At least the infantile mentality of Garrosh and Varian created flawed characters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Med'an

The kid is half orc, half draenei, half human, half god, half demon and has the power of some of the most powerful spell casters in the history, charged to protect Azeroth against it's many threats.

And didn't lift a finger against Ragnaros or Deathwing.

I don't know much about Med'an, though he seems very poorly contrived, so other than him, I'd have to say the Thrall of recent years.

Back when Thrall was warchief of the Horde, it was pretty impressive, and I liked the Spartacus-like story of cobbling together the Horde for mutual survival. Recently though, Thrall hasn't impressed me because of a number of reasons, particularly his poor judgment. Everyone knows about him leaving Garrosh in charge, which didn't seem particularly bright, but what about Gallywix? In the Goblin starting zone, the player goes side-by-side with Thrall to stop Gallywix from enslaving the surviving cartel and murdering Thrall outright. And yet somehow Thrall thinks that Gallywix should keep his position of power over the player who was clearly the legitimate leader. He makes as many mistakes as anyone else, but the story seems to be telling us that he's perfect. The game almost acknowledged that Thrall had flaws, but since my only role in Thrall's 4.2 questline was to tag along with Aggra and keep telling Thrall that nothing was his fault, that sort of took the cake for me.

Neither Varian nor Garrosh have impressed me so far, but whereas Varian might be getting some development soon, it looks like Garrosh is just another angry punching bag for people to point fingers at. I can't say I was ever fond of Garrosh, but he had balls by the ton, and after finding out his role in Stonetalon, I started holding some major respect for him. Varian's character has been pretty trite so far, and he hasn't done much in Cataclysm but gotten angry and sulked in his throneroom.

As for Sylvanas, I do not care for her at all, but I have to admit she is one of the more dynamic characters in WoW currently. It's clear she's there to get what she wants, and she's scarily good at manipulating things. But on the downside, I don't like how there's never any accountability for her. For example, Sylvanas was ordered not to use the plague in Gilneas, and when she did, the worst punishment she suffered was an angry catchphrase from Garrosh.

The way I see it, Blizzard still hasn't figured out the balance between overdeveloping and underdeveloping their lore characters. Characters like Tirion and Thrall showed up so often that I got sick of seeing them, and yet characters like Velen, Lor'Themar or Mekkatorque are rarely heard from outside the starting zones. Lore just seems to be taking a backseat to everything else at the moment.

So if I had to pick, Thrall is the worst lore character at the moment.

Anything they put in Cata is fucking horrible

Deathwing, Thrall, Aggra, Garrosh becoming a douchebag, Arcbishop POWAHHHHHH, theguy who say SHHHHHHHHHHHHHAMAN, that chick in Well of eternity Illlidan wat iz in dat vial, Gallywix almost had is moment of glory,

And Cairne becoming the Bob In Thunderbluff

So here it goes, my top worst npc of Cata

Anduin Wrynn

Lady Deathwhisper...

Welcome to my lair...

talk talk
    talk talk
    talk talk
    Oh, you're dead?
    talk talk
    talk talk
    My Goodness Arthas, they've all committed suicide...
    talk talk
    *Lich King stabs her*

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Naturae View Post
    Lady Deathwhisper...

Welcome to my lair...

talk talk
    talk talk
    talk talk
    Oh, you're dead?
    talk talk
    talk talk
    My Goodness Arthas, they've all committed suicide...
    talk talk
    *Lich King stabs her*
    Oh please, Deathwing's voice is at least thrice as annoying.

15+ Year Old Account
    Right now it's Thrall.

Deleted
    Thrall is most important character in all Lore of WOW,worst char would be that ally king Varyan i think (the one who didnt say much since like vanilla).

15+ Year Old Account
    Aggra, i want her to die so badly so Thrall can be a badass again and i dont have to hear this shitty Go'el name with her bad voice, god i hate her so much, "Whatever comes we'll do it together" worst ending to a patch video(firelands) making Thrall sound like a pussy and then she features in the ending of Cataclysm god damnit i want to throw her into the maelstrom.

Tirion Fodring closely followed by Anduinn. I usually hate Mary Sues but I'd place Rhonin on 3rd even though he is the biggest M.S. of the 3.