Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Med'an-He's too much what you'd expect a child writer to make their OC like.
    Garrosh-He's not intelligent and doesn't seem to have any regard for character development as they made him out to be a cry baby, then a douche, then an honourible character (Stonetalon), but then he forsakes everything in MoP and just wasted.
    Thrall-Too much focus on him, he's like the Pikachu of WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ScarletCrusader12 View Post
    Worst character of all time, from now and forever will be...
    Thrall.
    You heard me. Thrall is the worst NPC EVER. At first, he was this kick ass Warcheif, from what i could tell. He had so much potential for lore, but Blizz did the absolute WORST THING to him. Made him an earth-loving Lovelust Moronic Shaman. Earth-loving is self-explanitory, Lovelust is for Aggra, a character that comes right the f*ck out of no where, and Blizz expects us to buy that, they should have chosen at least someone we know instead of this jerk, Moronic because he put the worst person in charge of Orgrimmar, Garrosh Hellscream. Garrosh is a Warhungry Power-Corrut bastard who needs to die. Thank god MoP is gonna make him the Villain (I hope). Also, the whole cutscene with the Dragon Aspects losing their powers, and a predictable "aggra marries Thrall" ending, was horrible. It was a good concept, but they basically sh*t over the idea. That's what makes him the worst NPC in WoW ever. If Thrall falcon punches Garrosh in the balls in MoP, all will be forgiven.
    Here's just an example of what I'm talking about. So before cataclysm Thrall was considered a great character by people and people thought was great. I few changes in cataclysm, and people suddenly dislike him? This is so shallow it makes anything people had to say before about his character pointless, because if you can fall out with a character like Thrall so easily when you never really appreciated him to begin with, and just liked what you saw on the surface.
    You just demonstracted you knew nothing of his character before this, and so because blizzard made him a central role, you now think that gives you the right to hate on a character.. its so shallow its a joke.
    Last edited by Trassk; 2012-04-15 at 06:39 PM.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post
    Aggra, on the air elemental quest to save Thrall, I was | | <--- that close to putting my fist through my screen if she said 'Go'el, it's me - Aggra! Don't you know me?' again.
    Go'el! It is me, Aggra! Can you hear me Go'el? ...Go'el! Please listen to me Go'el! You must listen to me Go'el, You will be lost if you don't listen to me Go'el!

Me'dan
    /thread

10+ Year Old Account
    Sylvanas is a pretty solid character as far as consistency and logical development goes. Yeah, she's an evil undead bitch; but she's subtle, and fallible, and reasonably capable. She's had a few decent character arcs, and remains probably the most controversial and debated character in the franchise.

Like her or loathe her, you would have to be rather dim to write her off as the worst Warcraft lore has to offer.

Deleted
    Mankrik's wife.... I mean...she left the poor dude with blue balls. And now he seeks pleasure in slaughtering quilboars....

Eh. Everyone's either going to pick the characters they believe have no flaws, and therefore are terrible, or the characters that have flaws, and therefore are terrible. People in the Warcraft community generally don't understand character flaws or development.

I can't think of a character I find the worst. Med'an is down there, but only because he has so little background and actual development to him. They need to build him up a bit more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lor'themar, and Cata Thrall. I preffer the Badass Warcraft 3 Thrall.

Med'an needs more development and burn Aggra.
    Howay the lads!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    Sylvanas is a pretty solid character as far as consistency and logical development goes. Yeah, she's an evil undead bitch; but she's subtle, and fallible, and reasonably capable. She's had a few decent character arcs, and remains probably the most controversial and debated character in the franchise.

Like her or loathe her, you would have to be rather dim to write her off as the worst Warcraft lore has to offer.
    I would say the same for Thrall, you'd have to be pretty thick to pass him off given his story and how important its been to the development of the horde as it stands. People who say they hate him are more often then not either alliance players who hate the thought of seeing a horde hero as the main role, or any other player who just didn't know anything of the story before about him, and so feel intimidated having him as the main hero.

its tantamount to 'I don't know you, I don't like your face, so stop talking to me and get lost!'
    #boycottchina

Med'an is the right answer.

Deleted
    There's a few up for that gong, Varian's story is an absolute mess, I still have no idea what the fuck happened with the "two varians" and the naga and the defias and onxyia, just what, what and more what. Garrosh is self explanatory more personality shifts then a 14 year old on MD, Malfurion is pretty consistent actually, just his stance on neutrality is a tad extreme, I mean the horde are kinda desecrating your ancient home killing your people and plan to conquer Darnassus. Really, you gonna do jack shit man?

All in all people who say Thrall, Sylvanas ect are idiots but for me I'm a go with Rhonin. No mater how you spin it he's part of warcraft lore and it's just plain fucking awful. Best is hard to choose because I have a few but I'm a go with Gul'dan he was a brilliant villain.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Garrosh.

Then Varian, Jaina, and Tirion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuben View Post
    Med'an is the right answer.
    Don't get me wrong, I don't think that much of Med'an, maybe if he was darker it might have been alright, like his mother. The problem I have with med'an is I can't take him seriously as a warcraft character, because his only presence is just that the comics, not the game. How are you meant to regard a character as a serious part of the story when all he's done is inside the comics without so much as a breath spoken of his actions ingame.
    #boycottchina

Deleted
    To the guys above ...

silvanaz is pure waste of time and space by blizz.

Thrall, unlike her , isnt; i actually liked him pretty much during WC 3 etc.. but still isnt my favourite one.

I also don't understand so much hate for Garrosh .. i mean .. he is such a pointless char , why wasting time naming him or talking about him ?

Imo :P .

Mankrik's less than alive wife.

guys...who the heck is Lor'themar? Now that joke is out of the way, I nominate Tyrande...granted she has done stuff, but after her husband woke up, she has done fuck all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Me'dan. Ten thousand times Me'dan.

In terms of characters that appear in-game, Tyrande. Poor thing has been on a slippery slope of pathetic-ness since vanilla.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

Johnny Awesome!

.... Oh wait, this isn't the best character thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    because people in warcraft have an issue with characters doing things that isn't associated with there faction, like Thrall or Malfurion, they bitch about the neutral aspect of what they do because they have such childish faction pride that can't see the wood for the trees.

Thrall is a god dam amazing character with a well developed backstory and characterisation. People are just so shallow in how they follow the story these days. Sylvanas might be going down a dark path but she stands a perfect for her people in terms of what they are, so the hate toward her is senseless.

The one thing cataclysm showed me was how truely fickle the warcraft community is in terms of them unable to follow the story or accept it.
    There's a reason people use ''pre-Cata'' and ''post-Cata'' Thrall. You just can't compare both of them.

The pre-Cata Thrall wasn't overused, he wasn't Godlike, he was still very peacefull trough, he was a great orc leader.

The post-Cata Thrall keeps making appearances everywhere. He was Godlike, very peacefull as always (whiny orc) and it obviously shows that Metzen only wanted HIS favorite character to get the spotlight all the time. The 4.2 trailer should've never been centered around Thrall.