Poll: What would you do if GW2 was scrapped?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    I'd be a little upset, and probably drop a 1 month sub into Rift to check out the new patch. I'd pretty much carry on as normal apart from that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I enjoy the 12 people in this poll who would just stop playing all games if GW2 went unreleased. If my eyebrows could arch any higher they'd touch the ceiling.
    it's not that weird hun

Deleted
    I''d probably play some cool games like Grimrock and Towns till Tera or Archeage came out.

Eh, play a ton of different games in different genres either way, but as for MMORPGs would probably not see any worth playing for more then a short time since playing the same formula game for the past 7 years was fun at the time but its time for a new formula... But your "Play another MMO" and "play another genre" options are not necessarily different, I think your probably meant MMORPG.

Quote Originally Posted by Daffkeeks View Post
    it's not that weird hun
    Weird? Nah. Fairly ridiculous, most definitely.

Deleted
    Weird? Nah. Fairly ridiculous, most definitely.
    Why? because they won't play games anymore? maybe gw2 is the only game that looks at least a bit interesting to them and they want to give it a shot. It's not ridiculous if they move on and don't game anymore, it's not one of the primal things you HAVE to do in your life. well, not for most people.

Why? because they won't play games anymore?
    Umhm.

Apllied to any other media the notion would be deeply lolworthy; "I just won't read books anymore if the next Eggers book is cancelled. Def. not a primal need. What's that you say? The next Malik film cancelled!? Well now..."

Deleted
    Umhm.

Apllied to any other media the notion would be deeply lolworthy; "I just won't read books anymore if the next Eggers book is cancelled. Def. not a primal need. What's that you say? The next Malik film cancelled!? Well now..."
    If people don't want to anymore just let them, it's their choice.

I'd be done with games. I only play MMOs lately, WoW for the last 7 years basically, tried a few more along the way and I'm just completely burnt out on the gear grind raid raid raid model and I'm not interested in Tera or Rift at all because they're the same. I played swtor for a month and that really re-affirmed my feelings towards the gear grind. To me, GW2 is going to change MMOs for the better. If it got canceled tomorrow, I'd be done with video games for a while, or at least until something with as much promise as GW2 comes out.

If people don't want to anymore just let them, it's their choice.
    It's a choice that I can't see anyone take, because of how objectively ridiculous it is.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    It's a choice that I can't see anyone take, because of how objectively ridiculous it is.
    well they still did

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    I think it's a fine choice, just worded oddly in the poll. As is, it makes it sound like you will renounce all video games because GW2 is scrapped. Instead it should just have been: "I won't play any game." -- because I an see plenty of people, myself included, who might not play anything. In the past 5 years I've played WoW and I've played Zelda Skyward Sword (and maybe some left 4 dead in there). I am bored with WoW and not playing any more ... and I don't plan on playing any console games any time soon ... so it's perfectly logical to say I wouldn't plan on playing any game if GW2 never happened. And I'd be perfectly happy with that.

I think it is objectively ridiculous to assume that every person looking forward to GW2 must also compulsory play a game, any game, if GW2 wasn't an option

Umhm.

Any other media? Like musicals or stage productions?

I hear of maybe 1 musical or stage production every year that I'd be willing to see. If it gets cancelled, guess what... I don't see any that year, at all.

Hell, I have a friend that only watches like 4-5 films per year. If the film they wanted to see isn't playing in 1 of the 2 theatres in their small town, then he won't see a movie that month, at all.

It's just entertainment, not a necessity of life like food or water. Besides, entertainment is interchangeable anyways. No movies on this week? ... then maybe I'll play a game, or read a book, or play some tennis.

Similarily, my coworker's only physical activity/exercise is tennis. If the courts in his neighbourhood are closed... guess what... he doesn't do any physical activity that week. He doesn't feel like replacing his tennis with baseball or soccer.

For me, GW2 is only 1 of 2 games that has any reasonable chance of exceeding my "threshold" cuttoff for "videogames worth playing". If both games were scrapped, I wouldn't buy any games this year.

Deleted
    I would be sad for a bit and then look for other interesting games, in search of an alternative game that I can play with my old wow friends (ex-wow-players).
    I think steam would be happy ...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aelreth View Post
    If Anet came out tomorrow and said GW2 was scrapped due to some unfortuante event what would you do instead?
    I really do not find this thread amusing at all tbh >.<

But I would either begin playing NHL on my console or stop playing video games and enjoy the summer as it lovely season it is...

GW2 is the highlight, I can't see me play any MMORPG at all tbh if it suddenly would be scrapped. GW2 is everything I'm looking forward to in an MMO. If all the expectations suddenly vanishes I would be very let down, and just stop playing. There is nothing on the market that appeal to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    BLOOD WOULD FLOW!!

jk, i'd probably just keep playing GW1 with some console games on the side and hope that the canceling of GW2 means that they're bringing utopia to GW1 =D!
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.