10+ Year Old Account

[Anime] Mirai Nikki Conclusion

*SPOILER* Don't read ahead if you don't want it ruined!

So... just finished the final episode (26) about 15 minutes ago. This anime, which I started about two or three weeks ago and watched every episode available within a day (it was that damn good to me), is certainly one of my favorites. However, I can't help but feel as if the ending left me feeling it was unfinished...

2nd world Yuki is a God and does nothing with his powers, 2nd world Yuno is dead, 3rd world Yuno and Yukki aren't together. Sure, everyone has happier endings (I had a huge smirk on my face when Minene was with Masumi ) but I was hoping for a somewhat complete ending. Even if Yuno just appeared with Yuki at the last second and the screen blacked out it'd probably be better than dealing with Yuki's depression after everything that has transpired.

Anyway, it's a fantastic anime all in all, just the ending made me feel a little meh. How does everyone else feel about it (the ending and/or anime in general)?

you obviously new and havnt read the manga

[url]http://mangafox.me/manga/mirai_nikki/v12/c059/37.html[/url]

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah, I haven't. I only just heard about it a couple of weeks before I began watching it and my first instinct was to watch the anime first. Am I to assume the manga is much better or something? (link bookmarked)

EDIT: Okay, the ending made A LOT more sense, and was pretty random (the whole hammer thing... rofl). I liked the way the manga ended it thus the whole story feels complete.
    Last edited by Hanto; 2012-04-16 at 06:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hanto View Post
    Nah, I haven't. I only just heard about it a couple of weeks before I began watching it and my first instinct was to watch the anime first. Am I to assume the manga is much better or something? (link bookmarked)

EDIT: Okay, the ending made A LOT more sense, and was pretty random (the whole hammer thing... rofl). I liked the way the manga ended it thus the whole story feels complete.
    *More Major Spoilers*

Actually, after the credits roll, there's a final scene that you don't appear to have watched. Yukki's diary suddenly updates as the futures changes, from 'Yuno died.' to 'Yuno came to see me.'. We hear Yuno's voice in the distance and the shell of the empty world starts to be smashed apart like glass. *THEN* it says 'Next Project Starting!'... So either a potential follow up in the form of the paradox or mosaic books, or a direct sequel...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinzai View Post
    *More Major Spoilers*

Actually, after the credits roll, there's a final scene that you don't appear to have watched. Yukki's diary suddenly updates as the futures changes, from 'Yuno died.' to 'Yuno came to see me.'. We hear Yuno's voice in the distance and the shell of the empty world starts to be smashed apart like glass. *THEN* it says 'Next Project Starting!'... So either a potential follow up in the form of the paradox or mosaic books, or a direct sequel...
    I did indeed see the "Yuno came to see me." part, but I didn't hear anything else after that. I also saw the "Next Project Starting!" thing but that just made me think it was hinting to a second season.

I bawed so hard when she died, but I guess she wasn't dead after all?

Also, was I the only one smiling like an idiot when 12th was on screen?

Quote Originally Posted by Hanto View Post
    *SPOILER* Don't read ahead if you don't want it ruined!

So... just finished the final episode (26) about 15 minutes ago. This anime, which I started about two or three weeks ago and watched every episode available within a day (it was that damn good to me), is certainly one of my favorites. However, I can't help but feel as if the ending left me feeling it was unfinished...

2nd world Yuki is a God and does nothing with his powers, 2nd world Yuno is dead, 3rd world Yuno and Yukki aren't together. Sure, everyone has happier endings (I had a huge smirk on my face when Minene was with Masumi ) but I was hoping for a somewhat complete ending. Even if Yuno just appeared with Yuki at the last second and the screen blacked out it'd probably be better than dealing with Yuki's depression after everything that has transpired.

Anyway, it's a fantastic anime all in all, just the ending made me feel a little meh. How does everyone else feel about it (the ending and/or anime in general)?
    Read the anime, it's a much more satisfying ending. Here's a link. It's starts off when Yuki breaks threw the space dream thing.

http://www.mangareader.net/mirai-nikki/59/2

Its not over yet... Watch the final 30seconds.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    I loved the ending, happy end for everyone (except for 2nd world Yuno and Yuki)

The manga ending sounds like crap so glad they changed it