Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    I cannot help but heartily disagree with the point of no RP servers. Let me explain.

The Roleplaying community is a small one. We make up, perhaps 5% of any gaming population? (guessing numbers here) If Rp'ers are spread across different servers, there will be -no- community of any sort, thus eradicating RP. There needs to be a server that RP'ers, new and old can congregate to, to say 'RP can be found on this server.' I personally am terrified I will never be able to find any RP within GW2, and that has put me off a lot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Punchbag View Post
    If Rp'ers are spread across different servers, there will be -no- community of any sort, thus eradicating RP. There needs to be a server that RP'ers, new and old can congregate to, to say 'RP can be found on this server.' I personally am terrified I will never be able to find any RP within GW2, and that has put me off a lot.
    Prove it. You can join a guild on any server, and visit any server, at any time, and you have no limit to how many guilds you can join. The only limitation servers impose is WvWvW.

And more to the point: http://tyrianaccord.enjin.com/

About the Tyrian Accord:

The Tyrian Accord hopes to foster a healthy and friendly group of Role Players whose stories follow that of Guild Wars Lore and interact with other RPers In Character on an individual and guild basis. By cooperative interactions with guilds, be they friends or foes IC, we hope to develop and hold community and server wide Role-Play Events for the server we reside. Accord members will seek to foster an atmosphere in which even the wars between guilds have background stories, politics, and alliances, rather than random slaughter and Player Killing. It is also the Accord’s goal that the server we choose becomes the home for a lore-centric RP community.
    Since GW2 players are NOT limited to only playing on one server, people can easily jump to other servers for events not being held on theirs.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Prove it. You can join a guild on any server, and visit any server, at any time, and you have no limit to how many guilds you can join. The only limitation servers impose is WvWvW.

And more to the point: http://tyrianaccord.enjin.com/

Since GW2 players are NOT limited to only playing on one server, people can easily jump to other servers for events not being held on theirs.
    I dont need to prove it. It will happen. How many RP'ers make up the community on WoW? About fifty thousand, at best. Thats a tiny amount of people, tiny. Now, spread those fifty thousand across the different servers on GW2, with no one place they can congregate to and form a community, and you have a diminished RP experience. The whole point of RP is to interact with other players, form storylines, have guild connections with other guilds. The RP community on Defias Brotherhood is great. Theres so much inter-guild RP, and its a place for new RP'ers to join in too.

In guild wars 2, how does a new RP'er know where to go, to find other like minded individuals? We cant deny the fact, that us RP'ers make up a tiny part of the community. We need somewhere to call home.

A single guild is not enough.

Do explain? This could invalidate my statement if you can go further into detail.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do explain? This could invalidate my statement if you can go further into detail.
    You set your home server on one server, and that one specific server is the only one you can support in WvWvW events (which last for weeks anyways). That's the only server you have characters on ever. But you can, at any time, visit other servers and play with friends on other servers. Sort of like jumping between channels in other games.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

You set your home server on one server, and that one specific server is the only one you can support in WvWvW events (which last for weeks anyways). That's the only server you have characters on ever. But you can, at any time, visit other servers and play with friends on other servers. Sort of like jumping between channels in other games.
    So. For example. Im on Doomfinger, and my friend joe bloggs is on Arsenal. I can switch over server to Arsenal, with my character and RP with him?

10+ Year Old Account
    So. For example. Im on Doomfinger, and my friend joe bloggs is on Arsenal. I can switch over server to Arsenal, with my character and RP with him?
    Yup. Switching which server is your home server costs money, and I think prevents you from doing WvWvW for a while, but otherwise you're not limited by server.

Yup. Switching which server is your home server costs money, and I think prevents you from doing WvWvW for a while, but otherwise you're not limited by server.
    Suddenly, all of the problems I had just thought of are solved.

10+ Year Old Account
    RP will be stronger without RP tags on specific servers.

^^^Anyone else wish to challenge this statement? Come on, I dare you. I got Drake on leash right now, and he's pretty damn hungry. The guy can't resist subjective arguments. He's taken a bite out of me a few times, I tell you what!

You could even say he's put more than a few people in the...dog house.
    Last edited by Cuchulainn; 2012-04-24 at 01:41 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuchulainn View Post
    I got Drake on leash right now, and he's pretty damn hungry.
    Not sure how to take this...

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure how to take this...
    Oh, you know damn well how you'll take it.
    ;P

Not to compare.. but i really wish they had talking animations and chat bubbles and being able to sit on chairs..like in .....WOW.. there i said it :' <..
    Little detail like that i enjoy .

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ZetracoR View Post
    Not to compare.. but i really wish they had talking animations and chat bubbles and being able to sit on chairs..like in .....WOW.. there i said it :' <..
    Do we have any confirmation that we DONT have any of those -_-'?
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are talking animations in cut-scenes, which are very nice and full of life.

There are chat bubbles. One interesting from of chat bubbles is when your party members send a short message it'll show over their portaits head in the party list at the top left of your screen. WoW doesn't do that.

You can sit in chairs, and as an added bonus, you can even have bar brawls. Yes, bar brawls, and they'll be better than DDO's version.

10+ Year Old Account
    Too bad WoW doesn't have bar brawls. And I'm not talking "Buy this item and smack a gnome on the head with it, then sit back and watch NPCs fight" I'm talking REAL brawls!

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    Do we have any confirmation that we DONT have any of those -_-'?
    They have them (chat bubbles) for NPC's but not players atm which is why I think they are to be implemented later
    "Haters give me balance, every Kyle's got a Cartman." -George Watsky

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PonyCannon View Post
    They have them (chat bubbles) for NPC's but not players atm which is why I think they are to be implemented later
    Ya that's what i was thinking, we had chat bubbles in GW1, so i doubt we just wouldn't have em, not to mention they were there on the party as said above...
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

The people over http://www.guildwars2roleplayers.com/ have decided to use Tarnished Coast (NA) for their RP server during the beta. It looks like they'll only be using that server for this test, and for the next test and at release they'll be voting for a server.

10+ Year Old Account
    To Tarnished Coast!
    For the greatest justice!