Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Windry View Post
    I definitely agree with the OP. FF4 to FFX were GOLDEN.
    FF12 and FF13... if I were the father of Final Fantasy, I would disown them.

I remember hearing about that. I forgot what company they ended up making, but it their games weren't that good either.
    I've also heard that there was a creative rift in the company, which actually gives me hope for FF13 versus.
    If FF13 Versus sucks too... I think I might be done with the series.
    Mistwalker.

And as for me i found 13-2 to be MUCH better than 13. Though 8 and 9 are my personal favorites. I have yet to finish IV and VI though so that could change.

10+ Year Old Account
    Final Fantasy 4, 6, 7, 8 and Tactics are my personal favorites. 5 had an excellent story but I couldnt stand the music, which in an FF game is a big turn off for me sadly. I never played X (never bought a console past PS1) but I hear it's great. 9 was another one in which I didnt care for the music and didn't really like the art style, but I feel it's a great FF game, just not for me.

I can't really give an opinion on the later ones I just know I haven't been interested enough to really delve into anything past 9.

6 and 8 are my favorites story-wise. 7 was better than 8 gameplay wise IMO. If they re-made FF 6 as a 3D game with non-cartoony graphics I would buy a console soley to play it.

Other notable RPGs I've played: Super Mario RPG, Earthbound (Mother 2) and Chrono Trigger.

Most other ones went under my radar / didn't strike me enough. Lunar was pretty decent, must most JRPGs or other RPGs for that matter just don't grab me.

Deleted
    I just cannot bring myself to play but the start in XIII and i cannot convince myself that no matter that people are saying that 13-2 is better that it's worth more than £10.

Quote Originally Posted by Windry View Post
    I remember hearing about that. I forgot what company they ended up making, but it their games weren't that good either.
    I've also heard that there was a creative rift in the company, which actually gives me hope for FF13 versus.
    If FF13 Versus sucks too... I think I might be done with the series.
    Lost Odyssey is as close as we're ever going to get to an old school Final Fantasy feel on a newer gen system. The characters and story are great, with only 2 little kids spoiling the party at bit. Uematsu even did the music, which is fantastic.

Blue Dragon on the other hand, while its fine game mechanics wise has awful dragonball z characters that act like babies and a ridiculous story. It's still better than any of the recent FF's though.

Last Story is coming out for the Wii in NA pretty soon also, it hasnt gotten rave reviews like Xenoblade, but Lost Odyssey got mediocre reviews for some reason as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    7 thru 10 were my favorites, fond memories. Everything after I never really enjoyed as much.
    HOOKED ON DIABLOL, GOOD TIMES ARE BEING HAD

Deleted
    In the end, seems to be real "Final"?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by slackjawsix View Post
    i liked 13/13-2 my only problem is the combat could be a little more involved to simple atm otherwise i love the 2 games
    ^this

sure my favorites will always be 7-10 but even 10 i hated when i first played it. that game REALLY had to grow on me because i almost couldnt play it initially. anyway, 13 and 13-2 arent bad games. are they as good as the PS1 games? no way. but they arent these terrible things people seem to think they are. i have played WAY worse RPGs in recent years than either of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Littleraven View Post
    ^this

sure my favorites will always be 7-10 but even 10 i hated when i first played it. that game REALLY had to grow on me because i almost couldnt play it initially. anyway, 13 and 13-2 arent bad games. are they as good as the PS1 games? no way. but they arent these terrible things people seem to think they are. i have played WAY worse RPGs in recent years than either of them.
    Subjective, some people enjoy good battle systems and value them.

Edit: Adding that you are entitled to your opinion though, different people value different things with different degrees.
    Last edited by VXFadhel; 2012-04-18 at 02:55 PM.