Poll: What edition of Guild Wars 2 did you get?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Collector's Edition?

Hey everyone. I apologize if this is a repost. I didn't see anything about this so here goes.

Is digital deluxe worth the $80? It seems there are a lot of items that are 1 time use only. The main exception because the Mistfire wolf elite skill (which no knows what it does right now) and the ring you get.

So try to convince me as to why I should get the digital deluxe edition. I want to hear your feedback on what you are getting!

And the Rytlock (in-game) miniature!
    I'm getting the CE, to go along with my GW1 CEs

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

There's a lot of people that don't feel that the DD is worth it and they're just going to get the standard edition and then use that $20 they saved to buy items in the cash shop.

Quote Originally Posted by rhandric View Post
    And the Rytlock (in-game) miniature!
    I'm getting the CE, to go along with my GW1 CEs
    Oh yes. I forgot about that one! I just saw it on the website too! hahaha

For me, an vanity pet and summon minion simply isn't enough to warrant the extra cash. The base version will be sufficient for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    I got the CE mainly because I like to have a physical disk, not fully on board with the "cloud" plus the items are really nice.

The Rytlock will look good next to my Thrall and Malgus statue from Swtor and wow

10+ Year Old Account
    I was going to get the CE, but I can't justify spending $198 AUD on it. I REALLY REALLY wanted it. So I went with the DD.

Got myself a Collectors Edition worth every cents.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodhunter View Post
    Got myself a Collectors Edition worth every cents.
    I regret not getting it but I saved myself almost $120.

I prepurchased a Collectors Edition (physical), and a Digital Deluxe edition. The CE is being saved aside for now.

Your own internal debate is the Standard versus Digital Deluxe edition - and here's the way I look at it. If you buy the Standard Edition, you will be $20 richer than if you bought the Deluxe Edition. Consider, though, that whilst I believe ArenaNet have said you can upgrade Standard to Deluxe, this is quite likely to cost more han $20. And, on the other hand, if you do buy Standard, and later wish to have the other items you didn't get, potentially, you've just wasted more than $20.

I tend to not buy too many games too often, and I feel that - it being my main hobby for relaxation and so on, I'm entitled to enjoy it, and treat myself once in a while - hence I have no hesitation in buying the Deluxe/Collectors when it's made available.

Quote Originally Posted by ElfinHilon10 View Post
    Hey everyone. I apologize if this is a repost. I didn't see anything about this so here goes.

Is digital deluxe worth the $80? It seems there are a lot of items that are 1 time use only. The main exception because the Mistfire wolf elite skill (which no knows what it does right now) and the ring you get.

So try to convince me as to why I should get the digital deluxe edition. I want to hear your feedback on what you are getting!
    If you like the vaniety "pet" (mini Ritlock) and want to pay an extra $20 because you feel like the game is worth more then that $60 you drop on a new single player console title and in many cases PC title that you only get about 40-60 hours of game play and thats it, then great pay the $20 because you feel you got more then your moneys worth for the regular edition.

But as far as "Is the $20 worth it if you don't include what you already get for the $60?", no probably not. So if your straped for cash then don't get the DD, they already said you can upgrade from standard to DD at a later time for a price (probably the $20 difference, same way Rift handled their regular->collectors upgrade accounts), but if you have disposable income and you feel that you are getting well more then $80 worth of content since you will probably play it more then your next 4 $60 single player console/PC games combined which would run you $240, then great drop the extra $20 because you can and you feel that your already getting more then your moneys worth and so are buying a little addition for a price much higher then its worth because your still in a "net gain" for your fun:$ ratio.

Same applies to thinking about getting the collectors edition, is the physical items worth $70 more then the DD copy? probably not, but again if you have the disposable income, feels its fun:$ ratio is as good as buying 2.5 console/PC single player games then go for it and get some cool items, but if you don't have the disposable income then don't buy the extras you don't need.

I got the DD for two reasons, I have enough disposable income to justify wasting $20 more on a game I will get a good $:fun ratio but not enough disposable income to warrant the Collectors edition. And on top of that I refuse to shop at Gamestop unless they just happen to have a copy of a console game I really wanted to re pickup that I can not find anywhere else, and since the pre purchase collectors edition was only available at Gamestop for the US I refused to get it even if I had the disposable income (which after my taxes I do, but again I refuse to buy from them).

Deleted
    For me, the CE was too expensive, much as I really, really want it.

I went for Standard. DD only seemed to have one permanant thing (the pet) and I figured I'd rather spend my extra money on things from that shop that I'll want, such as the extra character slots. Still hyped, though. Cant wait.

Rytlock miniature will probably be sell-able like CE mini's from GW1.

I was totally hyped for the CE...then came pre-purchase day. My net crashed horribly during the purchase process. By the time it recovered, Zavvi UK was out of stock.
    I sat back...and gazed about me; the world still stood. Even the sun still shone.
    I pre-purchased the standard edition delighted that I was one step closer to having the game.

Deleted
    GW2 was the first game I considered buying CE for. Then, when the list of CE - DDE - DE items were released, I looked through it.

Temporary banks. One-time use items. Statues and miniatures of a character I (personally) care nothing about. Art prints and a frame for showing it to the five people a year who comes to visit. A soundtrack CD that would actually be nice, if I couldn't just start the game to hear the music. A "Making of Guild Wars" book that I'd never find the time or peace of mind to read. The only thing that'd show in-game I had bought something more expensive than DE was an elite skill that didn't actually come across as particularly interesting (just another summoned pet).

So in the end, I got the DE edition. I'm quite happy I didn't spend too much for stuff I don't consider to be worth their cost, and I'm happy I'll get the game.

Like I've mentioned before, with a few different CE changes I'd have bought it without thinking twice. A miniature Zojja or Snaff. Permanent, albeit long-cooldown golem banker. A more unique elite skill.

Edit: Yes, I said DE edition. Digital edition edition. Toasters are well known for their redundancy, as well as their redundancy.
    Last edited by mmoc10ec13b383; 2012-04-20 at 09:41 AM.

Deleted
    Collector's Edition here ^w^

I want that artbook and Rytlock figure -w-'

10+ Year Old Account
    Collector's edition to go with my 3 GW1 ones
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

I went basic edition. Not a lot that interested me in the CE.

15+ Year Old Account
    CE for me. The miniature will look nicely next to Alduin, Malgus, Geralt and Death's Mask (assuming DS2 CE comes to Europe).

I like CEs and currently have enough disposable income to get CEs for games I like. Not to mention that a friend of mine was able to shave nearly 40% off of the CE for me through some importing tricks.

Deleted
    Basic Edition using my money to buy things in the cash shop!