Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Still trying for the Dang blasted #$%&*#$ Vial of the Sands recipe. And the turtle shield, crawling claw, either stave, zin rohk. I don't farm nearly as much as I did before but I spent a ton of time on it. I really tried, I spent so much time ARCH and only feel like I wasted time really.

I did get the bug mount. It was funny, when the next Tol'vir solve came up and it wasn't a Canopic Jar I was pissed, but then I actually solved it. Boy was I a happy SOB when I realized it was a mount.

10+ Year Old Account
    I personally enjoy Archeology, maybe I'm a wierd person :S. Still working on some stuff from Archeology.

Deleted
    I got my mount at around 90th solve. Done for a while with arch since I got it around 3-4 months ago. Still, the pet would be awesome (talking about tol'vir solves obviously).

Deleted
    I only picked up arch for the achiev points and a chance at some rares. I was very pleased when i got the fossile mount and pet while leveling up the profession :3

15+ Year Old Account
    I've used it to expedite leveling a little bit - with two gathering professions and archaeology dig sites, it adds up to a considerable amount of experience. On my main, I have the Professor title, but still no bug. The travel time for Archaeology is just too long, and I am obscenely covetous of my mage friends who can zip around the continent at their whimsy.

Have yet to get the mount after 100+ solves

10+ Year Old Account
    been over a year, still no Veil of Sands recipe.
    ON WEDNESDAYS WE WEAR PINK

247 Tol'Vir solves, no mount, no pet. The only things I've wanted.

But I am not giving up... yet.

I couldn't suffer through leveling it :|

I like archaeolgy and I'm excited about some of the changes I see in mists (more dig areas in a dig site!) I still need the tol'vir pet, but I finally got my mount the other night!! Trust me the excitement of getting that rare to come up, is well worth the time at least for me it is

201 tol vir solves and no mount yet, I so want this thing to pop before i go crazy :C

Quote Originally Posted by Luderberg View Post
    I wanted mount and the title and all the pets.
    Got Professor title 27/12/2010
    tol'vir mount at ~280 solves.
    Got all items except the tol'vir sword and the dwarf staff I think.
    This is me as well. Around 300 tolvir solves I got the pet, mount was around 120 I think. It was seriously mind numbing, but I was traveling on a bad connection most times so unable to raid or even dungeon most times, so farmingand arch were the only things I could do more or less effectively.

never got that nice sword zin rokh or whatever..

I have the professor title and most rares except nerubian rares, zinrokh, and 3 tol'virs.

I got the scepter on my 51st solve but since then i haven't got any rares. Im up to about 120 tol'vir solves i really want the claw; i hope its next and within 150 solves otherwise i'm done.

Quote Originally Posted by jazen View Post
    Arch replaced fishing as the 'mind-numbingest' profession. Rewards arent worth the effort on more than 1 toon. The Account bound items dont scale, so pretty much worthless. Even the ilvl359 gear is trash, as really, except for the day you hit 85, who still has lesser gear. This plus the incoherent directional arrows, the endless series of junk worth 2g, and the long distances travel time make Arch a rather large disappointment.

---------- Post added 2012-04-21 at 08:19 AM ----------

still working on the TolVir rares. Got the scarabs only so far. No swords, no shield, no staff. But I got a Skull Drinking Mug earlier this morning.

See I disagree with that. I think fishing is almost hilariously boring, but I enjoy Arch. I do not enjoy getting nelf after nefl site when I have every common and rare though. Think they should outright ban getting a race that you have completed all of its things.

Saying the arrows are incoherent merely means you do not understand how triangulation works, the healing trinket is not "Junk" for fresh 85s, the 71 axe is not "junk"

If you do not enjoy it? Then do not do it! My arch is http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...orvinco/simple

and I have been doing it on the beta as well!

Deleted
    Yes I got my Professor title and the Tol'Vir but mount and claw after many hours/weeks/months farming ><

While I was farming I hated Arch but now I have everything I want I kinda miss going out and farming dig sites, lets hope there are some cool items in MoP.

I think it could have been a lot better than it was really. Before the tweaks It took a long time to level and personally I felt the reward wasn't all that on par with how 'interesting' it was to level up. But I guess it was a secondary profession so all in all it was probably all right. I haven't been reading much about Blizzard's plans for it in MoP but hopefully it'll get something done to it to make it either more rewarding or more interesting, or both.

Deleted
    610 artifacts solved total, still no bug mount, crawling hand, the troll sword or the Vial of the Sands recipe...

God I h8 you RNG......

As of today, got most of what I wanted... got the title a while back, and the mount popped up today (will be my 31st Tol'vir solve when I get the fragments). Still would love to get that Vial of the Sands recipe, and wouldn't mind the Tol'vir pet, but I think I might take a break after I get the mount finished.

I really like archy, myself. I've got the mounts and pets, which were what I really wanted, but I'd still like to get all the rares just because of my completionist tendencies.