Deleted

GTA 3 Questions.

Hi there o/

Doing an assignment with 2 other dudes for my course in college which involves comparing 3 different games along a series in certain areas.

We picked the Grand Theft Auto series, in particular 1,3 and 4, and I'm trying to find out some details about GTA 3 as although I've played it, it was a long time ago and I can't remember much at all ^^

What I'm comparing specifically is, 'Architectural Design: The physical space the player explores.' which I was hoping to relate to both the general interactions with buildings (ie. Being able to go into them, and how often they are used for missions etc.) and the whole introduction of the Z-Axis.(Going none in a 2D environment, to 3 which is where I'm unclear about, to 4 with a 'controlled' z-axis in the form of helicopters.)

Question one!

In GTA 3 how much were the inside of buildings used as described above, for generally being able to explore them as well as in missions? I guess in terms of being compared to GTA4 which I have more of a sense for.

-

And!

I was wondering if you could fly at all in GTA3, but after seeing a video on youtube of the 'dodo' I understand you can!, was this the only thing that could fly in GTA3? Was flying very rare in that finding a plane, or getting to one was fairly difficult?

My general idea that I'm going with is that you could fly in 3, but that it was difficult to gain access to land on top of a building for eg. and that it was really just another form of moving horizontally accross the map(if at all, it seemed to look dificult and more of a gimmick more than anything to me.), where as in 4, it is more more controlled (being a helicopter) and being able to access the top of building etc is actually part of the game. (Statue of liberty easter egg comes to mind. Also the feathers you collect.)

Cheers for any input as it would help me out a lot!
    //Resi

should do vice city thats such an easy one.

Warchief
    15+ Year Old Account
    I haven't played GTA3 in along time either, but by looking at some pictures and seeing the map, a lot of is it coming back to me.

So you are talking about ORIGINAL GTA3. Yeah, as far as I remember there was only like one time you went into a building, and it was pretty much a staircase up to the top. The reason I remember is that there was a Sniper rampage min-quest there.
    There wasn't any flying, except for the dodo which was more of a lark than anything else. In Vice City and San Andreas you had much more of a Z-axis game with helicopters.

And I've never played GTA4. I lost track of the series when I was in college, so the last game I played was San Andreas.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Porcell View Post
    I haven't played GTA3 in along time either, but by looking at some pictures and seeing the map, a lot of is it coming back to me.

So you are talking about ORIGINAL GTA3. Yeah, as far as I remember there was only like one time you went into a building, and it was pretty much a staircase up to the top. The reason I remember is that there was a Sniper rampage min-quest there.
    There wasn't any flying, except for the dodo which was more of a lark than anything else. In Vice City and San Andreas you had much more of a Z-axis game with helicopters.

And I've never played GTA4. I lost track of the series when I was in college, so the last game I played was San Andreas.
    Cheers, definitely gave me a better idea of the game o/