Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Gragas was listed as a great mid but kennen was not listed >.>.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Canisis View Post
    You guys seemed to forget about Malz who is quite an outstanding mid
    His spells have horrible cast delay, his ulti is countered by a QSS, and he innately pushes (Admittedly can be good or bad). He's an alright mid, but not outstanding in the least when compared to other options.

Malz is more or less a 1 button champ (trynda ap version) with his ulti. All he does is the pool and ulti, target is dead. Not even fun to play him. Played him when he was free, but...was meh, 2 op!

Deleted
    What they said.
    Last edited by mmoc75e9105cc6; 2012-04-24 at 06:49 AM. Reason: people responding before me, sigh

Mana hunger aside I absolutely love her. I was doing well with her in S1 soloqueue and I only really gave up because ofc it's not possible to play what you want every game.
    Last edited by Kaiyu; 2012-04-24 at 07:00 AM.

Deleted
    If you can utilize her wall, you can win teamfights. Say an idiot enemy Malphite/Maokai (tank) engages on you with ulti/root, you place wall between your team and their team, melt that guy before wall ends, and continue in a 4v5 skirmish. Wham, you just won that teamfight. Oh, AD carry got out of position to poke? Wall off from team, another teamfight won.

Quote Originally Posted by Toxigen View Post
    I guess it depends on how competitive you guys are. Anivia isn't recognized as a top tier mid pick, although with enough practice any AP mid can/will work. Walls can make or break games...just hope you're on the "make" side of things.

I just think there are better champs to be played, specifically the following:

- Cassiopeia
    - Gragas
    - Morgana
    - Ryze
    - Ahri
    - Brand
    - Karthus
    - Kassadin

Heck, I may even put Zilean in there just due to his game breaking ult.
    Brand has a lot of issues, not really a good pick. Kassadin has very hard laning phase, but dat burst Gragas is aquired taste.

Anivia is top tier mid pick, but you have to practice her quite a bit. Her base stats are very high; so you don't really have to build much dmg items and still do butload of damage. Froggen is known for his Anivia. There is a chart what champs Anivia counters in Froggens opinion

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

Deleted
    Anivia has a great toolkit and is a lot of fun to play. I play her whenever I get the opportunity to and I'd say she's the closest thing to a main I got.

The wall is incredible if you're able to react quickly to your surroundings, and her damage output is fantastic if played proper. I really dislike the phrase "hard to master" but using her abilities well certainly isn't easy and you'll need a team aware of what you can or will do.
    Last edited by mmoc0a04ed3db8; 2012-04-24 at 10:09 AM.

Deleted
    Anivia was the first champion I bought for IP, back in 2010, I played 2 games with her and decided she was weak as all hell and waste of my IP.
    Then I started playing Ryze and became good with him, but I got a little bored, so I tried Anivia again, sucked, albeit a bit less, but when I decided to just try and stick to her, it didn't take 10 games before I realised how much fun she is and how strong she potentially can be. I then stuck to her from then on, being the champion I picked in 90% of my games, and I nuked people to oblivion with her.

Moral of the story is - don't judge the book by its cover. I was a noob the first time I tried her, and because she takes a lot of skill to master (and this is not just something that is being said to sound elite, it is very true), I didn't think she was fun. When I had learned a bit more of how the game worked out and how to play a mage (having played Ryze) I went back to her and just kept trying to learn her.

It takes time to know just when to use that wall, just when to time your Q to land it properly, and how to manage your mana, because mana is a big part of her. I used to always pick tear of the goddess for her since I hated being oom and I was oom all the time. I even ran Clarity on her... (I was still not very good game-knowledge-wise), but as you get an organized team and learn how to not waste mana, she is so strong and so much fun.

Having played 800 games, at the very least, with her, I still don't find her boring, she's definitely worth the IP now!
    Last edited by mmoc8b7a14d456; 2012-04-24 at 09:33 AM.

Deleted
    Malz is pretty bad if the enemies builds QSS, or against a silence.

Weird, according to that chart, Anivia can't counter herself. Interesting. WHAT ABOUT NORMALS!?11one
    l'alurl gol zhah elghinyrr gol.

when I used to play (prob a lot has changed since then) she was situational and more about helping out the team. She had a REALLY high skillcap too. If you're a good player and you know it, then get her. But you should play her on a free week or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Dupin View Post
    Weird, according to that chart, Anivia can't counter herself. Interesting. WHAT ABOUT NORMALS!?11one
    1v1 Anivia that's when servers go down ... error in matrix kind of stuff ^^.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

Deleted
    Anivia is REALLY STRONG no doubt, if we picture a late game scenario, i would Always prefer Anivia over Cassiopia, if she is played properly. Now i dont wanna sound like a tard but a lot of the high elo teams use her.

Thing about Malz is that he is one of a few champs in the game that force the enemy to counter him with a fairly average item (QSS). I mean people bitch at Viktor for only having 5 item slots. Having Malz automatically inflicts that on several of the enemy champs (carries, usually).

Furthermore, on a high AP Malz that pool is a beast. If you place the aoe silence / pool well they can spell a wipe for the enemy team (esp. combined with certain other ults, such as Galio's, J4's, Amumu's, etc).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashnazg View Post
    Thing about Malz is that he is one of a few champs in the game that force the enemy to counter him with a fairly average item (QSS). I mean people bitch at Viktor for only having 5 item slots. Having Malz automatically inflicts that on several of the enemy champs (carries, usually).

Furthermore, on a high AP Malz that pool is a beast. If you place the aoe silence / pool well they can spell a wipe for the enemy team (esp. combined with certain other ults, such as Galio's, J4's, Amumu's, etc).
    Okay, everyone in the enemy team buys QSS. Then what? Malzahar is completely useless now, other AP carries isn't so much reliant on a spell that can be countered so easy. And AD carries usually buys QSS anyway, becuase it removes exhaust, vlad ultimate, morde ultimate, ignite, urgot ultimate etc. etc (full list here: http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Quicksilver_Sash). QSS isn't an avarage item at all. Considering it's cost it's one of the best items on a carry.

Her laning phase is hard because she's squishy and her wall cant help her vs junglers with a dash, but once you have some AP you can just 1-shot the whole wave with Q so you dont have to worry about ganks. She can gank bot really well if she's on purple side. There are many ways to build her too, i've seen her built straight AP, mostly AP, bruisy, mostly tanky, and then there's Warmog's Anivia...

Quote Originally Posted by Emelelehh View Post
    ...Okay, everyone in the enemy team buys QSS...
    The power of Malza's ultimate lies until the enemy team starts getting QSSes. Most carries and tanks start buying those around what, level 15? Until then, Malzahar's ult should have resulted in enough kills to provide his team with a sufficient advantage to win despite of his ult being useless.
    Last edited by thoukaia; 2012-04-24 at 09:52 PM.

Feel free to PM me about any question you might have regarding LoL.
    Holy paladin

Deleted
    People underestimate her a lot, she's one of the best AP carries and ranking her lower than things like Kass or Brand is just not right.

If you actually can play her she's amazing, she's really one of the harder to play though imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Emelelehh View Post
    Okay, everyone in the enemy team buys QSS. Then what? Malzahar is completely useless now, other AP carries isn't so much reliant on a spell that can be countered so easy. And AD carries usually buys QSS anyway, becuase it removes exhaust, vlad ultimate, morde ultimate, ignite, urgot ultimate etc. etc (full list here: http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Quicksilver_Sash). QSS isn't an avarage item at all. Considering it's cost it's one of the best items on a carry.
    If they buy QSS as their first/second/third item, they have wasted a lot of money and will end up being underpowered.

If they buy QSS as their 4/5/6th item, they counter Malz's ultimate, but hopefully he has farmed enough to be a massive threat even without his ultimate. An aoe that does 15% of the target's hp a second, and a group-wide 2 sec silence is nothing to scoff at.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashnazg View Post
    If they buy QSS as their first/second/third item, they have wasted a lot of money and will end up being underpowered.

If they buy QSS as their 4/5/6th item, they counter Malz's ultimate, but hopefully he has farmed enough to be a massive threat even without his ultimate. An aoe that does 15% of the target's hp a second, and a group-wide 2 sec silence is nothing to scoff at.
    And against good enemies people will get out of that pool really quickly, and wont line up so malz can hit his silence on everyone.

PS: AD carries buys QSS in mid game, usually as their third item if they need it and it doesn't set them behind by a lot since it's so cheap.
    Last edited by mmoce50d6b7b51; 2012-04-25 at 06:16 PM.