• LoL

59 63.44%
  • DOTA/DOTA2

34 36.56%

Thread: LoL/DOTA

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

LoL/DOTA

What game do you think is better overall?

I would say LOL, but only because Ive played LoL way more than DOTA
    "You can't always get what you want...."

Let the flamewars begin!

OT: DotA. Though I'm fairly sure there's like 10 of these threads?

Yea I know, but most of them are old and outdated, so, this is a poll for up to date opinions :P
    "You can't always get what you want...."

Deleted
    I will be honest in this, I voted LoL because I actually can play it, unlike dota which still has closed beta (old dota doesn't compare to never games imo).
    If the game is supposed to be free to play anyway why not open beta Dota? why not?

10+ Year Old Account
    In my opinion on details : Dota2> HoN> Dota> LoL.
    In my opinion on gameplay: Dota2> Dota> HoN> LoL.
    Voting Dota on this one.

P.S.: Do not understand point of this thread though.

10+ Year Old Account
    LoL is a good bit more fun to me.

DoTA 2 didn't fix the UI enough for me to enjoy it. I know they wanted to stay true to what DOTA was but the item shop kills me.

In terms of gameplay, DOTA2 is somewhat deeper than League of Legends. Overall, League plays and reacts far better than any MOBA. Every thing in LOL is clear, crisp, quickly understood and behaves snappily.

There is that intangible feeling when you move a champion from left to right in League that simply feels "right", so to speak. It's a similar phenomenon to World of Warcraft's animations and controls that are often said to "snap" or "feel right" vis-a-vis other MMOs. Riot got the feedback aspects of gameplay down perfectly. Even the reaction of clicking skill buttons feels correct in League- "Oh yes, of course that is how this works".

It's fairly remarkable design and rightly respected as such by other designers even cross genre.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2012-04-25 at 05:58 PM.

I dislike this thread. It's a banal question that has been asked too much, one that births no proper discussion. Only flame can come from it. You are also asking it in the LoL subforum, which will obviously be biased. I just do not see the point in this thread. Regardless, inb4lock.
    Last edited by Thigrai; 2012-04-25 at 05:46 PM.
    Signature by Tacy :]

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say Dota, not saying LoL is bad or anything, but I honestly thnk Dota is kind of deeper in mechanics.
    Howay the lads!

Dota 2 needs a bit more polish. It needs smart casting and I would kinda prefer faster turn rates (though I've gotten used to it).

I much prefer the balance of Dota 2 with how items work and ability scaling. LoL is too imbalanced for my taste, though I don't profess Dota 2 to be perfect. In terms of champion design, I'm kinda mixed. Many of Dota's abilities are far more visceral and heroes feel more distinguished but LoL isn't bad either.

Your asking this question in a LoL forum.... fair and balanced votes for sure

Deleted
    I want to know one thing. What do people mean with DOTA? Do they mean the DOTA in WC3?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes. Defense of the Ancients.

Except now there's a new version - DotA2, which is a direct follow up to the original.

LoL in every aspect is better imo. A lot more casual game.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Freezymcgee View Post
    Your asking this question in a LoL forum.... fair and balanced votes for sure
    Think there is a fair number of this forum's regulars who play both or at least tried both. Likely enjoying them each to one degree or another if the DOTA2 thread is anything to go by.

So it's not totally without merit to ask the question here where MMO-C has no separate LOL/HON/DOTA/SoIS sub forums. :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    Yes. Defense of the Ancients.

Except now there's a new version - DotA2, which is a direct follow up to the original.
    Thanks for clearing things up but isn't HoN a direct follow up? As far as i know the original DOTA team was involved in the making of HoN

Deleted
    DotA every time.

league is a good game in itself, i just prefer the deepness with dota

Other than the two games being 95% exactly the same, I'd say LoL simply because I like the heros better.

10+ Year Old Account
    My vote doesn't really count as I haven't played any of the Dota games but I played LoL pretty seriously for a while
    I thought I did, but apparently I don't

If you die you die but if you don't die you still die.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by alteam View Post
    Thanks for clearing things up but isn't HoN a direct follow up? As far as i know the original DOTA team was involved in the making of HoN
    Of the 3 people that made the original DotA, 1 is making DotA 2, one is part of the HoN team and one is in the LoL team.