Devotion Aura = New Divine Guardian

For those of you who are not the Beta, they eliminated Divine Guardian and changed it to Devotion Aura. Devotion aura is now and activated ability that reduces magic damage by 20% for 6 secs as well as provides protection from silence and spellcasting interrupts. I apologize if this was an old change, but I could not find it.

It's actually meant to replace Aura Mastery + Concentration Aura and Resistance Aura.

Deleted
    Yeah, divine guardian never showed up on beta, and now they just made devotion aura class wide instead of holy only, which replaces aura mastery (since we no longer have auras)

Deleted
    20% damage reduction -> 20% magic reduction + silence is a nerf from a PvE tank point of view.
    A pity, but sure beats 20% damage reduction -> nothing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ayashi View Post
    20% damage reduction -> 20% magic reduction + silence is a nerf from a PvE tank point of view.
    As far as I can tell, the majority of raid-wide damage that you would use this CD on is usually magic damage. So this isn't much of a loss.
    Host of Talking Skritt, a GW2 podcast!

Alot of utility has been put into the new talents. Compared to warriors, druids, and brewmasters I think were a little bit behind on utility now, whereas we used to be the kings. For Prot Paladins in paticular I think it would be interesting if we got something similar to divine guardian, or maybe made bastion of light work on other members not just us, so we could maybe give a big heal every now and then without giving up defensive talents.

I'd rather it reduce 20% Spell Damage and also effect me, instead of the current Divine Guardian.

Quote Originally Posted by ayashi View Post
    Its actually not a nerf, the previous one didnt affect the paladin himself, this one does. Also as been mentioned pretty much 99% of the time youd use it is when the encounter did massive raid damage, which is always magic damage. Oh and its also on a shorter base cooldown.
    Last edited by minteK917; 2012-04-27 at 12:09 PM.

Divine Guardian always felt a bit lacklustre as it didn't affect the Paladin who used it.
    I've got so used to staggering CDs instead of stacking them that it always felt odd to be using two CDs together, one personal and one raid for the big damage abilities.

I'd much rather have a 20% magic reduction that affects the whole raid rather then DG which helped everyone but the tank.

Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    As far as I can tell, the majority of raid-wide damage that you would use this CD on is usually magic damage. So this isn't much of a loss.
    Yeah, that is true. Can't really think of a physical damage aoe attack that you used this cooldown for except maybe things like Disrupting shout or Stomp.