Page 50 of 95 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Anyone notice yet more beta class analysis with yet again no warrior feedback. Are they really just putting their blinders on for this one or what?

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    If I'm not viable to DPS in challenge modes I will be PISSED. I mean, we're one of two classes that still don't have actual CC so that already pushes us down a few notches. We need to be able to bring something hefty to guarantee the "bring the player not the class" for challenge modes.
    The only reason i would bring a warrior to pvp or pve is for the banner.

Quote Originally Posted by Thylacine View Post
    Yeah, that's my summary; damage will be evened out because it always is.

The problem is that warriors are simply no fun any more.
    I disagree. I've played an arms warrior for over 5 years and the more I play the beta the more I like the new mechanics, there's not a lot of downtime since you can use many abilties even when you've got no rage. The only thing I'm confused about is Heroic Strike/Slam. I can work with it but it's confusing.

Edit: I also don't like the glyphs that, IMO, are forced upon you as a PvPer: Silence for heroic throw/pummel, Heroic leap glyph and longer charge glyph. Just make the things those glyphs do basic, at least the last 2.
    Last edited by Baracuda; 2012-08-05 at 10:02 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    I disagree. I've played an arms warrior for over 5 years and the more I play the beta the more I like the new mechanics, there's not a lot of downtime since you can use many abilties even when you've got no rage.
    And during those now approaching the two years you did not realize that you had virtually no "downtime" either ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cexspa View Post
    This was taken a number of patches ago. Many of the classes that seem weak in that video have been improved specially in the last 2 patches with the number balance. Warriors are no where near most classes as of the latest tests. Deac and Zamaroo gave negative feedback about warriors only a few days ago "fucking dog shit" - "Not bad and not good either. No where near "other" classes" - "Arms single target is bad - Aoe is good". these quotes are off the top of my head. These quotes are from their last 2 25 man tests.
    Alas, I really haven't been watching the streams so can only go off what's released afterward with regard to their "viewpoints".

Quote Originally Posted by whoranzone View Post
    Cannot really agree with that. There are enough specs that were left in a pretty bad state - I do not really see how this could not happen at any time to any class.
    I don't think any class has ever been wholly non-viable in PvE over the last three expansions. I see no reason why it'll happen to warriors in MoP.

---------- Post added 2012-08-06 at 12:01 AM ----------

I disagree. I've played an arms warrior for over 5 years and the more I play the beta the more I like the new mechanics, there's not a lot of downtime since you can use many abilties even when you've got no rage. The only thing I'm confused about is Heroic Strike/Slam. I can work with it but it's confusing.
    That's fair, your opinion is your opinion.

For me, however, it's the opposite. The proc-enhanced priority system with a continually available filler worked WONDERFULLY throughout WotLK and Cataclysm. It was almost universally loved by warriors, and envied by non-warriors. A basic rule of any kind of design, even game design, is that you don't try to fix what isn't broken.

Yet... That's what they've done.

And flunked.

Quote Originally Posted by whoranzone View Post
    And during those now approaching the two years you did not realize that you had virtually no "downtime" either ?
    No there have been lots of issues with rage generation and warrior mechanics. Taste for Blood not proccing if rend was absorbed, not generating rage when auto-attack was absorbed, early LK I believe you couldn't generate rage from auto-attack while had an absorb-effect on yourself.
    Slam was just... worthless for PvP, the 2 points to reduce its cast time could be spent elsewhere and it couldn't be used while moving. Heroic strike being an ability that makes your auto-attack a "special" attack causing it to not generate rage and even cost some!

Some of the issues are from pre-Cata and were fixed in Cata though. This being from a pvp PoV.
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redlikemyrage View Post
    Anyone notice yet more beta class analysis with yet again no warrior feedback. Are they really just putting their blinders on for this one or what?
    they always do with eh warrior class.

Some of the issues are from pre-Cata and were fixed in Cata though. This being from a pvp PoV.
    I would say that pretty much all of those "issues" were largely alleviated by cataclysm. Did not really change the overall pvp performance but well.
    Alas, I really haven't been watching the streams so can only go off what's released afterward with regard to their "viewpoints".
    I don't think any class has ever been wholly non-viable in PvE over the last three expansions. I see no reason why it'll happen to warriors in MoP.
    A basic rule of any kind of design, even game design, is that you don't try to fix what isn't broken.
    Well it is of course always rather depending on what you perceive as non-viable - a discussion I am pretty much fed up with. I will never want to argue that there was a point in game where it was absolutely impossible to bring any spec available. But even in cata you definitely had specs that were performing well below the top and never really received needed fixes. Agree though on the not trying to fix stuff that is not broken rule. What they are doing now is just changing stuff for the sake of changing it and bringing it closer to other classes.
    Last edited by cFortyfive; 2012-08-05 at 11:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    i know how to fix this everyone go to wows official forums and post/spam the name Kalgan over and over again.ask him for help,tell him his warrior brothers need him to save us!he will here our warrior cry/shouts.then he will find ghost-crawler and beat his little mage ass!

Kalgan

Reason why warriors are lagging so far behind in PvE dps is because they changed the rage generation and did not tweak ability damage to compensate. They're not even sure on what to do with warriors, so it's no surprise numbers are looking bad.

I do wish GC would say why the hell they decided Warriors needed a rotation overhaul.
    Cairne wanted to thank him again, to offer encouragement, praise for a task so successfully completed. For being able to bear such burdens. But Saurfang was an orc, not a blood elf, and lavish compliments and effusion would not be welcomed or wanted.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by meathead View Post
    i know how to fix this everyone go to wows official forums and post/spam the name Kalgan over and over again.ask him for help,tell him his warrior brothers need him to save us!he will here our warrior cry/shouts.then he will find ghost-crawler and beat his little mage ass!

Kalgan
    Was Kalgan not Tom Chilton?

Quote Originally Posted by Satori View Post
    Reason why warriors are lagging so far behind in PvE dps is because they changed the rage generation and did not tweak ability damage to compensate. They're not even sure on what to do with warriors, so it's no surprise numbers are looking bad.

I do wish GC would say why the hell they decided Warriors needed a rotation overhaul.
    Ya in my opinion Warrior were pretty good shape in ds now. If fury hadnt suffer from the double Nerf / hotfix thing both dps spec would be pretty close. The only difference would be in aoe and if you prefer smoother arms or rage pinball with fury.

Now we have this strange enrage / rage system that just feels...wrong.

Even if they fix the damage (that could easily be done), the reason i loved warrior over every other class was always the amazing rage system. That feeling is somehow gone for me and this makes me a sad panda and i actually consider rerolling. As hard as it would be...

Forgive me if this has already been asked, but has Landsoul put out any theorycrafting regarding MoP warriors yet? I mean, it's kind of hard not to pay attention to his finidings, isn't he our best theorycrafter? I find it hard to believe he's been silent during all of this.

Forgive me if this has already been asked, but has Landsoul put out any theorycrafting regarding MoP warriors yet? I mean, it's kind of hard not to pay attention to his finidings, isn't he our best theorycrafter? I find it hard to believe he's been silent during all of this.
    This. I don't check the forums so I wouldn't know, but does anyone know if he is posting?

On a side note, anyone else not like the "Arcane’s sustained damage is about where we want it (as well as Fire and Frost)"? Considering what I've read, Mages have some pretty nice fucking dps, would it be too much of a stretch to assume that they probably have no intention of toning down their damage, and that of the other rangeds who seem to compete with them in damage?

10+ Year Old Account
    Was Kalgan not Tom Chilton?

yes thats him- he mained a warrior

---------- Post added 2012-08-05 at 10:25 PM ----------

you can check his you-tube channel.not sure if anythings new,but worth a look.its seems hes not posted anything new since this April.

http://youtu.be/agJyfi2pyj4
    Last edited by meathead; 2012-08-06 at 02:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by meathead View Post
    yes thats him- he mained a warrior

---------- Post added 2012-08-05 at 10:25 PM ----------

you can check his you-tube channel.not sure if anythings new,but worth a look.its seems hes not posted anything new since this April.

http://youtu.be/agJyfi2pyj4
    Thanks yeah, I took a look and he hasn't added anything since April indeed.

And yeah Taber, I agree that concerned me as well. I can't really foresee them buffing melee damage to compete at this point since they are "satisfied" with where ranged DPS seems to be, as buffing melee up to ranged would probably make most/all melee OP for PvP. If they are really intending to go live with such a huge difference between melee and ranged it would be interesting to see how long before melee players are just frustrated across the board. Can't ignore it then, but let's hope (haha yeah right) that it doesn't get to that point. I have no interest in going into MoP on a gimped class because devs couldn't pull their heads out of their asses.
    Last edited by Redlikemyrage; 2012-08-06 at 02:39 AM. Reason: Fix an unfinished thought.

10+ Year Old Account
    A major concern I have is Execute current it hits like a truck and does too much damage compared to our other abilities, it just maybe me but i hate it that our number one damage move is can only be used at 20%

Quote Originally Posted by Requiel View Post
    A major concern I have is Execute current it hits like a truck and does too much damage compared to our other abilities, it just maybe me but i hate it that our number one damage move is can only be used at 20%
    They tried to fix that with sudden death in LK, letting us use Execute at anytime if sudden death procced. They ended up nerfing its dmg all together so stop complaining about it only being useable under 20% before they nerf it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    If I'm not viable to DPS in challenge modes I will be PISSED. I mean, we're one of two classes that still don't have actual CC so that already pushes us down a few notches. We need to be able to bring something hefty to guarantee the "bring the player not the class" for challenge modes.
    Dont be surprised if they bring a rogue or a paladin or sumthn like that instead of u.

---------- Post added 2012-08-06 at 12:12 PM ----------

I don't think any class has ever been wholly non-viable in PvE over the last three expansions. I see no reason why it'll happen to warriors in MoP.[COLOR="red"]
    Enhance shammies has been pretty freaking horrible this entire expansion
    Last edited by Juni; 2012-08-06 at 10:18 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    They tried to fix that with sudden death in LK, letting us use Execute at anytime if sudden death procced. They ended up nerfing its dmg all together so stop complaining about it only being useable under 20% before they nerf it again.
    Im not complaining that the move execute is only usable under 20%, I'm more concerned we are balanced around a whole encounter basis where at the first 80% of a boss fight we are crud then when the 20% roll around we insanely good ( seen logs where 4 executes out does 20 wild strikes). this causes problems when there's shitty execute phases or boss dies at 10% style fights (rag normal + LK) and over all for me feels bad
    Last edited by Requiel; 2012-08-06 at 11:58 AM.