View Poll Results: Retribution or Windwalker?

Voters
32. This poll is closed
  • Retribution Paladin

26 81.25%
  • Windwalker Monk

6 18.75%
    10+ Year Old Account

Question From Retribution to Windwalker

To all the retribution paladins out there, are any of you switching to a windwalker monk after MoP?

I personally can't decide whether to switch my main or not, so I just wanted to see what other people thought. Please state whether you're switching or not and explain why.

Dragonslayer Stadtfeld, <Behind the Curve> [Warcarft]
    Season 1: SR80 (Top 99) [Overwatch]

I tried out a monk and it just felt wrong for me. It felt like I was playing a weird rogue without stealth and stuns.

In the end its always a personal choice as to what you find more fun. For me personally I could never give up my pally with how long I have been playing him.

I wish they hadn't put auto attacks back in for monks. The class was obviously not designed with auto attacks in mind the way warriors, rets and etc are and it feels incredibly awkward. Which is odd, I know. I currently intend to switch to a monk because I do enjoy how the class plays otherwise, and also pandas are awesome and paladins can't be pandas.
    Divine, Unmarred and Electrified
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Demaio/simple
    Retired(ish)

Retribution dps was very bad from ulduar to the mid of icc when it was fixed, then they fucked again on the spec on the last patch, 4.0, it take so long to get fixed again in cataclysm, i had to get my riding guild pissing me off about dps because i was the only ret.... and really i was on the avg, at least on icc ret was very useful as dps/support like in yogg 0k, but then they started to remove dispells, a lot of healing, i had to handle all of this while dks where making sick dps on botch expansions, im not up for the same stuff, watching an op new class doing sick dps while my class is totally forgotten.

I have to admit, yeah kinda. I'm a damn good player and I'd really like to be in a position to really truly abuse how broken monks are going to be at launch.
    Divine, Unmarred and Electrified
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Demaio/simple
    Retired(ish)

Ret4lyf
    10chars

You can cut our wings, but we will always remember what it was like to fly.

Deleted
    The way monks' gameplay is right now, I won't even roll one for an alt.

should i play x class or y class topics are not allowed on mmo-c.

dps will probebly be close.

Quote Originally Posted by Golfire View Post
    Retribution dps was very bad from ulduar to the mid of icc when it was fixed, then they fucked again on the spec on the last patch, 4.0, it take so long to get fixed again in cataclysm, i had to get my riding guild pissing me off about dps because i was the only ret.... and really i was on the avg, at least on icc ret was very useful as dps/support like in yogg 0k, but then they started to remove dispells, a lot of healing, i had to handle all of this while dks where making sick dps on botch expansions, im not up for the same stuff, watching an op new class doing sick dps while my class is totally forgotten.
    I don't think that ret dps was low during ulduar and collosseum. I was in a server first guild by that time and I did #1 on many fights (Algalon, Yogg 0, Anub hero, mimiron hero etc..) I have always been close to #1. And that's not because my mates sucked so bad. I just think that you had to find the perfect balance in gear. And I pretty quickly had the t2 S7 Weapon, which probably gave me quite an advantage. I'm just saying that I don't think that ret dps was low to that time. For me it didn't feel that way at least.

But with the start of Cata, ret was completely screwed and it took Blizzard the whole expansion to partially fix some issues. Most of them are still in the live game.

Beta ret just feels a whole lot better, although I must say that our talent choices range from nothing new to incredibly boring. Other classes got way more awesome stuff than us.

And on a sidenote (kinda offtopic) for PvP: With the change to Sacred Shield (crit increase for FoL not WoG), Selfless Healer will probably stay the only viable talent for ret. At least in the current build, both other options are totally screwed for pvp rets.
    I love the change in glyphs, however, that now exo gives us a 10% less dmg taken buff for 10 seconds and not HoW. And of course do I dig the slight buff to HoW. 161% Spellpower is 80,5% of Ap compared to 71,6% of Ap.

Long story short: I will stick with my ret. There has never been a question for me. 7 years of "retting" and "arms-warrioring" kinda made me unable to reroll. Ever.

Monk are currently so terrible at anything dps wise its really hard to tell. But their dps rotation ability are so boring, id switch to arcane mage before them.
    Last edited by minteK917; 2012-04-27 at 12:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by loki504 View Post
    should i play x class or y class topics are not allowed on mmo-c.
    Indeed. You'll just have to play a Windwalker when Mists is realized, and judge by the finished product.

Closing.
    Host of Talking Skritt, a GW2 podcast!