Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    Well, I have been checking the database for a while and nothing is going to waste so far. Being certain according to database is indeed not valid, but getting your hopes up is what these are there for. Poor foresight has nothing to do with any of it, so yeah, you've just wasted a "flashy" phrase on nothing.
    Things have gone to waste so far... Remember how Chaos Bolt was removed and then came back? Several builds ago, by your logic, it was assured that Chaos Bolt was gone for good.

How about that Codex of Xerrath, amirite?

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Actually would green fire not mean warlocks were corrupted by the very powers they were using ?
    There is a reason why those with the readily accessible green fire are those trying to kill us.
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    no, it would just mean that we somehow had the brilliant idea to use fel flames in other spells besides... fel flame
    And since when are Warlocks the ones going for the steady and middle path? As we grow stronger, we delve deeper into otherworldly magic and flames (purple,green) and yes even if you look at it in a lore POV, there is no chance of us not having these flames as we get closer to the source of it (possible twisting nether xpacs).
    The Codex of Xerrath

The Codex of Xerrath
    Instant

Corrupts all of your Warlock fire spells, infusing them with fel magic.

Designer Note:
    This side effects of this change can be unpredictable. Like inspiring premature forum posts about development spells before the questline is done.
    Sorry but what was I saying about our green fire being due to corruption ?
    At least confirms not only my view, but what the intent is.
    A questline, with a likely permanent change of colour of the fire spells used by the warlock.

I said it in another thread, but I'll repost the idea here. It seems like Warlocks are getting a lot of attention and love from from a design standpoint and from a lore standpoint. Could this all be the precursor to a Warlock only legendary?

Please let it be so...

The Codex of Xerrath

A questline, with a likely permanent change of colour of the fire spells used by the warlock.
    it doesn't say it corrupts the warlock, it says it corrupts the warlock's fire spells. obviously if you put a corrupt source of power into a spell the spell will be a corrupted version of the original spell

I never said fel magic was clean. I just said adding something we already use to something else we already use wouldn't mean we got corrupted any further than we were before lol
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

The Codex of Xerrath

I wasn't disagreeing on the corruption part. What I argued about was that Warlocks wouldn't hesitate to do it whatever the cost and there it is. The upcoming Felfire change comes through accepting that beloved "corruption" . ^_^

I swear, this is just them doing prep work. It will happy, but not for ship.

Quote Originally Posted by Xelnath View Post
    I swear, this is just them doing prep work. It will happy, but not for ship.
    You should know by now that all warlocks have had "Leap to Conclusion" in their spellbooks since day one, right next to "Beat Dead Horse."

Quote Originally Posted by Meillassoux View Post
    Joodoc

Hah that was a long post. I agree on most of what you say so I'll just answer to the ones directed to me. First of all I didn't mention anything about the whole community, I spoke for the people that can't appreciate what they are given. If you don't belong in this group then my post doesn't have to do anything with you. About the table thing. I make tables in order to give others my drinks. If they don't click they won't have drinks, simple as that, their problem not mine. It's a waste of glyph slot. The same applies to Healthstone. Do you actually believe that someone without enough IQ to simply click your portal will use the Healthstone when needed? Last but not least I know Warlocks don't drink but that doesn't mean you don't know what a drink is.... but because there is a very slim chance that's actually the case for someone I answered by posting what the spell does at first.
    Really you've never been yelled at to get a table down? cause I do for a summoning portal all the time when I'm sitting there trying to but nobody clicks. or people ask for health stones, and I throw it out, and it times out before 2 people click it
    Quote Originally Posted by Histidine View Post
    WoW is great.
    Not sure what game people are playing; I love the way things are.
    What bosses will be in the Deathwing Raid?
    Quote Originally Posted by MauroDiogo View Post
    Leg 1, Leg 2, Hind Legs is a duo boss fight, Wings, Tail, Head and last Heroic mode only boss is his Chin. Totally optional and only for those hardcore enough. It's jaw dropping!

Quote Originally Posted by Joodoc View Post
    Really you've never been yelled at to get a table down? cause I do for a summoning portal all the time when I'm sitting there trying to but nobody clicks. or people ask for health stones, and I throw it out, and it times out before 2 people click it
    Ugh, that happens way too often for me. If it times out I just don't bother trying again. If they get angry I tell them they blew their chance.

If it is not usable, then why tease the players with a codex and spell duplicates? Don't tell me that is only in the database, because players that look forward to such changes are eager to scratch every inch of the bottom of the database. It is not like they do not favour the class in this xpac, on the contrary, they have made lots of wonderful changes. The green fire thing is a whole other story that needs to shape into facts one day and nothing good comes out of teasing us. We are already hyped into the class from the start of the beta and we need to have a straight view of what's coming regarding the flames.
    Because you can't test stuff without putting it into the database

---------- Post added 2012-05-03 at 12:47 PM ----------

Well, I have been checking the database for a while and nothing is going to waste so far. Being certain according to database is indeed not valid, but getting your hopes up is what these are there for. Poor foresight has nothing to do with any of it, so yeah, you've just wasted a "flashy" phrase on nothing.

@Imnick If they are "working" on it, they would keep it to their personal files rather than expose it to the beta database. It is clearly a sign that they know we see like they went along with the codex, playing around with the description. That makes me "idiotic" I guess, never mind, I wouldn't bother repeating myself, I am only looking forward to the outcome.
    For the most part the personal files and the database files are the same. hell they probably use the same database for their tests. running 2 databases is dangerous, if you have A database, the one all the players see, and B database, the one that only blizz sees, B should have all of A, plus some. well the way they woudl do it is take away from B until it is what they need, then replace A with B. All that does is leave the opening for a glitch fix not to be implemented correctly in both. Or if someone adds something to A, might forget to B, requires double storage, etc.

it is just more logical to simply have a single database they use when actually testing out spells and the like
    Quote Originally Posted by Histidine View Post
    WoW is great.
    Not sure what game people are playing; I love the way things are.
    What bosses will be in the Deathwing Raid?
    Quote Originally Posted by MauroDiogo View Post
    Leg 1, Leg 2, Hind Legs is a duo boss fight, Wings, Tail, Head and last Heroic mode only boss is his Chin. Totally optional and only for those hardcore enough. It's jaw dropping!