Page 1 of 13
... LastLast

Guild Wars 2 BETA opinions

So far what are your opinions on the BETA so far? I don't know if this is breaking the NDA but I didn't preorder so I can't play Is it good so far?
    "Yes, I'm one of those GW2 fan boys who quit WoW and never even played GW1."[/IMG]

There is no NDA anymore. So everyone is free to talk about it all.

My opinion is "the servers better be more well-prepared at launch!"

It feels disconnected :P No really..that's what it does, disconnect :P haha. Character screen was cool though NDA was lifted.

P.S. Am I the only one that can only pick 3 races?

Deleted
    Character creation was amazing, gameplay ( as far as I could come ) was amazing aswell. Only this BETA seems to be a step to big for their servers....

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I could play about 10 minutes, then the game crashed, and 20 minutes later I could play for another 5 minutes.
    Then it disconnected and nobody seems to be able to login.

Deleted
    You are srsly asking that question an hour after the beta started? wow...

Deleted
    I managed to get to Lions Arch just before it disconnected me and oh my it looks amazing. I can definitely seeing it being the major hub (you'll know why when you get to it) xD As expected, performance is all over the place and my poor CPU is struggling xD

not sure if my pc or the servers i get in play fine for a few minutes then i get a black screen of freezing have to reboot... im running a i5 ati 6770 8 gigs of ram.. anyone else with this issue

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    It feels disconnected :P No really..that's what it does, disconnect :P haha. Character screen was cool though NDA was lifted.

Asura and Sylvari aren't available currently.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post

I'm not on yet, but the forum only had sub-sections for 3 Races. So the chances are there are only 3 Races up right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nobody can say shit because most people can't even log on.

Quote Originally Posted by Silza View Post
    You are srsly asking that question an hour after the beta started? wow...
    Out of curiosity, yes I am asking.
    "Yes, I'm one of those GW2 fan boys who quit WoW and never even played GW1."[/IMG]

Deleted
    Right now I am really annoyed. Not by the Beta, but by all the stupid kids on the forums who have to post the same error message in a new thread and threaten ANet not to support them anymore because they can't play 27 minutes after Beta launch :/. But well... knew that this was going to happen.

Deleted
    From the 3 minutes of gameplay... AMAZING.... and that was with massive server lag.. so I am excited!

edit: This sounds sarcastic but I am genuinely excited - the opening few minutes really get you thrown straight in as human anyway!

if they arent doing a shitload with the servers and login servers before release. Like swapping out everything. It gonna be one of the worst launches in history.

The servers failed and crashed even before most ppl knew they could log in

im 2 hours away from getting off from work and being able to give u my feedback as a first time guild wars player but im excited. as far as what everyone else is saying. beta is beta and there will be crashes. im in the MoP beta and im crashing left and right for hovering my mouse over the wrong piece of terrain so we are just gonna have to put up with it but it should be better after all the people who spammed the log in servers because it just launched.

I'm not enjoying myself. I was able to play without many FPS disturbances, and it felt the same old, grindy-mmo kind of thing. I never played GW1, guess GW2 isn't the game for me

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    if they arent doing a shitload with the servers and login servers before release. Like swapping out everything. It gonna be one of the worst launches in history.

The servers failed and crashed even before most ppl knew they could log in
    good thing there is still no release date..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knileci View Post
    I'm not enjoying myself. I was able to play without many FPS disturbances, and it felt the same old, grindy-mmo kind of thing. I never played GW1, guess GW2 isn't the game for me
    Love how you edited out the "many hours", so now we know you're full of crap.