Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

SWTOR already on sale on cdon.com

Only a few months old, website cdon.com offers swtor with a 42% discount in my country.

http://cdon.dk/spil/star_wars%3a_the...public-6941426

Is fanbase and subs declining so rapidely, that the game needs discounts already???

Edit: This is not an advertisement for the website, but i have to substantiate my claims with a link for people to see. Saw it advertised myself on imdb.com.
    Last edited by mmocd344c38da9; 2012-04-28 at 06:22 PM.

I don't think Blizzard are losing any sleep over this game put it that way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Another thread in need of closing. This game isn't on sale any where else.

Also Collected, just for your own benefit:

http://www.google.com/webhp?rlz=1C1S...w=1920&bih=955

Just look at all of those pages.

Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    Another thread in need of closing.
    Agreed.

Just because something is on sale, doesn't mean it is doing poorly. A company putting an MMO on sale has nothing to do with the games subs. Many companies put their best sellings stuff on sale to pull people to them over their competitors.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Syldarin View Post
    Is fanbase and subs declining so rapidely, that the game needs discounts already???
    Source to this statement plz. If not your just lying.

And just bc the game is on sale in 1 shop in Denmark dont prove anything.

Oh yeah Blizz is not losing sleep over SWTOR just alot of customer's.

There is really no purpose arguing that the game is doing poorly. Even if BW will shut servers down tomorrow, there will still be people convinced that the game is doing just fine.
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

Deleted
    and this is a surprise? it's been on sale for ages now. it's frequently £16-£20 across a variety of retailers in the UK, which is 50%+ off. bought mine for £16.50 nearly a month ago now from play.com. bare in mind that this doesn't mean the game is failing, it's cheap to help re-populate servers and coincide with the major patches to encourage former subscribers to buy more game time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by namelessone View Post
    There is really no purpose arguing that the game is doing poorly. Even if BW will shut servers down tomorrow, there will still be people convinced that the game is doing just fine.
    Ofc and the game IS doing fine. Give me prof that its not doing fine.

i get so tired of fan boys of other games, who just cant co-exist with games outside of their own little *love for games* posting stupid threads. mods seriously, can we please lock this crap.

Orly?

While I can agree that the tread won't end up in any good place your constant defense of the game to the point of ignoring what anyone with a realistic view of it can see is equally nonconstructive.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would edit your post that says fan boys :x Moderators infract over that term. Just trying to save your arse!

---------- Post added 2012-04-28 at 07:05 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Alyssa View Post
    Orly?

While I can agree that the tread won't end up in any good place your constant defense of the game to the point of ignoring what anyone with a realistic view of it can see is equally nonconstructive.
    Oh look. Another site that uses a language I can't understand. You do realize that the VAST MAJORITY of subscribers is from the US right now, right? They're trying to pull in people from other countries and hopefully the game spreads via word of mouth or people just buy it because its on discount. Its a smart move to get more players.

Give me a US store that has it for a discount. You won't find one. Case and point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Amg swtor is dying because its on sale in random small countries /endthread.

Deleted

Its on sale in at loads of places, not only online either when I went to the supermaket it was down to £25, even cheaper online at Play.com I think it was around £18

The game had a very good start, it sold over 2 million boxes, while we haven't had any official word on sub numbers lately I get the feeling they have dropped dramatically, even more so with the upcoming release of TERA and Guild Wars 2....I think come the end of the year this game will be really struggling.

15+ Year Old Account

Oh really?

http://www.g2play.net/store/MMO-Star...d-Manager.html

-60% :>

(and this is a site in a language you do understand!!!)

Denial
    Must be nice to live in your world some times.

Yay, more falling sky...

I quit the game, and this happens:
    "You can now mount while under the skeleton effect of the Noggenfogger Elixir!"
    Are you effing kidding me?!?!
    Remember 3.0.......

Does it matter? The game is fine, and is doing fine. If you enjoy it, play it. If not, play something else. Who really cares how many players it has?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flimsy View Post
    Its on sale in at loads of places, not only online either when I went to the supermaket it was down to £25, even cheaper online at Play.com I think it was around £18

The game had a very good start, it sold over 2 million boxes, while we haven't had any official word on sub numbers lately I get the feeling they have dropped dramatically, even more so with the upcoming release of TERA and Guild Wars 2....I think come the end of the year this game will be really struggling.
    Last week they said that the sub numbers have not changed since their last statement which was at the end of February. In about a week or two, we will hear the official number that is current.

The numbers will be strong and people will come onto these forums and say that Bioware is lying or that the numbers are skewed and that the game is still dying.

This thread is going no where because its based on random speculation because some country on the other side of the world has TOR for a discounted price, completely neglecting the fact that this does no way, shape or form show any decline in subscription numbers.

If you continue to argue anything at this point- you are just grasping straws. You obviously want this game to fail and yet you have no reason to. There is no point in wanting a game to fail.

I have reported this thread to be closed.

---------- Post added 2012-04-28 at 07:17 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by d3v View Post
    Oh really?

http://www.g2play.net/store/MMO-Star...d-Manager.html

-60% :>

(and this is a site in a language you do understand!!!)
    Oh Rift is down 33%? Almost every other game is being discounted? Does that mean every single game in this industry is failing? Congrats on flawed logic.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    Does it matter? The game is fine, and is doing fine. If you enjoy it, play it. If not, play something else. Who really cares how many players it has?
    Pretty much this. Rift has a load less players, yet Trion still see it as a success, the playerbase are happy, etc etc

Swtor might not overtake WoW sub wise but it's no way gying in my eyes. Even if I personally wish I'd not wasted money pre ordering it ;D

Deleted
    These aren't the discounts you're looking for.