Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneTheRock View Post
    Sometimes I can't help but love blizzard
    don't worry, i get that feeling from time to time as well. once the next patch comes around, it usually fades.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEPIeZYGtmU Video of the Ashbringer Holy avenger change for anyone who wants a better look at it! Also the Winged vengeance glyph model has been updated and Iv added that to the video. Enjoy!
    What's up Guys Syiler Here! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvL...r9S7buOA_-Vr7Q!
    Guide and Info content Creator for WoW and other MMOs/RPGs

SWEET JESUS BATMAN! So staying as my Paladin now. Screw you guys! I got a sword with a naaru in it!
    He slipped out of his royal garments, left eternity to enter time, divinity to wrap himself in humanity.
    The sea of glass, for the ocean of separation. He left peace, and for the first time felt pain.
    Because the very hands that held the stars were now sentenced to wear my scars.

Its really cool, even better in action: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvOSX...=youtube_gdata

Has a nice glow effect when you strike/move with it.

Dude who cares if you're the worst DPS in the game... its Ashbringer man.

And to the guy who said "Who cares"... you clearly don't read up on WoW lore. I'd trade all my gold, all my other 85's, i'd trade everything I have in the game for a paladin with Ashbringer.

then warriors should get sword of the thousand truths :O

10+ Year Old Account
    What level do you get holy avenger?

So they bitched about Corrupted Ashbringer getting into the hands of players and said they it should have never got there in the first place so they take it away and now they give every Paladin the real one? Make up your freaking mind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Artravus View Post
    They'd better give DK's a way to have Corrupted Ashbringer.
    Suggest it on the forums. I'm serious, that seems like something they would highly consider. I don't play a DK or a Paladin, but that would be awesome to see them go at it with opposite Ashbringers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imadraenei View Post
    You can find that unbiased view somewhere between Atlantis and that unicorn farm down the street, just off Interstate √(-1).

10+ Year Old Account
    Nice though the Ashbringer and it's corrupted form may be, I still want my Legendary Chromatic Qel'Serrar.

Brb leveling my paladin some more, just for this!

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    because it's an awesome sword with amazing Lore behind it?

Also does this work even for Prot spec? can you please try equipping a sword and shield to see what happens when you cast it
    Yes it does. In protection spec, the shield you hold remains the same, while the sword changes into Ashbringer.

---------- Post added 2012-05-02 at 06:54 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by teebo View Post
    What level do you get holy avenger?
    Holy Avenger is one of the three talent choices in tier that becomes available at level 75.
    Last edited by Felaful; 2012-05-02 at 11:56 PM.

Chalupacabra, Hand of A'dal 85 Tauren Paladin
    Chupatroopa, Destroyer's End 85 Orc Hunter
    Ambassador Cactuars 85 Undead Priest
    Elder Emberclaw 85 Tauren Druid
    Habana the Kingslayer 85 Goblin Mage
    Arthas

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiser499 View Post
    So they bitched about Corrupted Ashbringer getting into the hands of players and said they it should have never got there in the first place so they take it away and now they give every Paladin the real one? Make up your freaking mind.
    There's a difference between giving the actual weapon to players, and allowing them to evoke an image of the sword for 15 seconds every 2 minutes if they select a specific talent. If lore was the reason why they thought it was a mistake to let players have the Ashbringer, this is a fairly good compromise. It represents it without being the real thing.

i hope they are going to up the texture and model quality of ashbringer a little, looks pretty dated for todays wow-standards

I actually prefer much of the quality of gear from pre-BC. So much current armor and weaponry seems so complex and intricate that I lose appreciation for it. But again, this is my opinion. Don't Change The Ashbringer!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bolt66 View Post
    Hahaha I guess this is our aesthetic compensation for them nerfing HA and buffing SW.

Also in case anyone is wondering it works in all specs, as Ret it's a 2 hander and as Prot/Holy it's a 1h.
    You really can't even expect this to happen, I truly hope it's a placeholder. I mean, if this happens, it'll just devalue the blade so much. Every other pally will be running around popping HA, and yelling some stupid macro to go along with it. Eventually it'll just lost its luster, and people won't care anymore, because then not being able to attain Ashbringer no longer becomes an issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    We get to wield the Ashbringer for a short duration by choosing this talent?

What a tease. A very compelling one, though. XD

Quote Originally Posted by Syiler View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEPIeZYGtmU Video of the Ashbringer Holy avenger change for anyone who wants a better look at it! Also the Winged vengeance glyph model has been updated and Iv added that to the video. Enjoy!
    Thanks.. But the wings still look awful. Instead of getting bigger wings, we look like butterflies now. I won't use that glyph. It looks ridiculous.

Lot of hub bub over a small cosmetic addition.