Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

I love people who fail at the GTN.

The amount of people who post stuff at the price the GTN says they should just amazes me. I have made almost 2 mil credits the last few days from buying and reposting. Im not even trying to make credits I just notice these things when I post what I normally sell. Of course I have to buy them out or no one will buy my stuff at the normal price so I just keep making credits. Please let BioWare keep this crappy GTN in place so I can continue making money off these fools.

Anyone else noticed people doing this?
    Last edited by Alilei32; 2012-04-29 at 03:12 AM.

You should write for the New York Times. That is the best story I ever read.

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2012-04-29 at 03:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lwa View Post
    You should write for the New York Times. That is the best story I ever read.
    What is the point of your reply or are you just trolling?

I have noticed people doing the same thing. Have no idea why someone would sell say Rubats for like 23 credits each when they are going for 300-400 each. But when I tried putting a small stack for sale and using the GTN's suggested price thats what it prices them at. Is that what they would vendor for or something? In WoW when I post items on the AH it undercuts the next guy by a little bit but it doesnt post items are such an unrealistically low price like the GTN suggests you sell stuff for.

Well, SWTOR doesn't have any Addons just yet, but I'd figure an Auctioneer one like WoW would go over pretty well.

I vary my prices on the GTN myself, but sometimes I do just toss stuff up there for the suggested price because I don't feel like looking it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    I have noticed people doing the same thing. Have no idea why someone would sell say Rubats for like 23 credits each when they are going for 300-400 each. But when I tried putting a small stack for sale and using the GTN's suggested price thats what it prices them at. Is that what they would vendor for or something?
    Because the GTN suggest base price, no idea what it's based of but sure it's easy to find from Google, and they don't know better and quite frankly are stupid or ignorant enough to not educate them selfs.

In WoW when I post items on the AH it undercuts the next guy by a little bit but it doesnt post items are such an unrealistically low price like the GTN suggests you sell stuff for.
    That's because either Blizzard holds your hand preventing you from making mistakes or the addon of choice does it in absence of Blizzard making a feature failsafe for the lowest common denominator.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alilei32 View Post
    The amount of people who post stuff at the price the GTN says they should just amazes me. I have made almost 2 mil credits the last few days from buying and reposting. Im not even trying to make credits I just notice these things when I post what I normally sell. Of course I have to buy them out or no one will buy my stuff at the normal price so I just keep making credits. Please let BioWare keep this crappy GTN in place so I can continue making money off these fools.

Anyone else noticed people doing this?
    The sentence in red is not true. Or you wouldn't be using the GTN regularly. If you're really not trying to make credits you can donate your stuff to me if you like. It's much quicker - just mail it over

But. Seems the GTN is working as intended. If, for whatever reason (and "stupid" or "fail" is not always the reason) some choose to quickly post up at default value then there will opportunity, for those who wish to take time and effort over the GTN, to make a sound profit.

Works perfectly. Put in a little effort. You make money. That's how a good economy works. Not everyone can be bothered with the effort and really don't care their stuff isn't selling at the optimum price (I know this is hard for some of you to believe). They may play SWTOR for other reasons and gain enjoyment from a different meta-game other than the GTN. So it works for them. It works for you. Everyone wins.

Since 1.2. I think the GTN's perfectly fine now. Don't know why you're calling it crappy since you seem over the moon with the situation.
    Last edited by mmoc4baa691bbc; 2012-04-29 at 05:38 AM.

Deleted
    What is the point of your reply or are you just trolling?

I have noticed people doing the same thing. Have no idea why someone would sell say Rubats for like 23 credits each when they are going for 300-400 each. But when I tried putting a small stack for sale and using the GTN's suggested price thats what it prices them at. Is that what they would vendor for or something? In WoW when I post items on the AH it undercuts the next guy by a little bit but it doesnt post items are such an unrealistically low price like the GTN suggests you sell stuff for.
    Wow that low. On my server they go for 1k ea. Thats just super. A 30min run in Coruscant and you get alot to sell.

I bought an epic lvl48 Focus with good states for 45 credits.

CoryEverson: lvl80 Death Knight (Lich King)

Deleted
    That's called playing with the market. People did it before in wow (eventhough it was a bit more sophisticated with auctioneer) and do it again here. Personally abusing it quite a bit too.

At least the people who sell at the suggested prices keep the economy going instead of the people who sell things at outrageous prices. New people who start can purchase things at the lower prices. Some people dont know anything about the GTN, some do and dont care, some just want to get rid of things.

It always amazes me at the people who have to feel superior to others by labeling them as inferior because they dont follow whatever path the other person travels. Grow up OP, people play different styles or dont care or dont know, so be it.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    not sure if complaining, or letting the cat out of the bag...
    22 miles of hard road
    33 years of tough luck
    44 skulls buried in the ground
    Crawling down through the muck
    Ah yeah...

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Froggy View Post
    At least the people who sell at the suggested prices keep the economy going instead of the people who sell things at outrageous prices. New people who start can purchase things at the lower prices. Some people dont know anything about the GTN, some do and dont care, some just want to get rid of things.

It always amazes me at the people who have to feel superior to others by labeling them as inferior because they dont follow whatever path the other person travels. Grow up OP, people play different styles or dont care or dont know, so be it.

OP was just posting what he observed with the GTN. Also only an idiot would sell at the suggested price. What sane person would sell something for 25 credits each when it sells all day for 300-400? It does not make sense. In that case the item's price is 300-400 because thats what people are willing to pay for it. Now if someone is reselling for 800 credits then yes thats overpriced but then again if thats the only price the item is selling for and someone is willing to pay it then why shouldnt you sell for higher?

I like the clueless buyers more tbh, when the color crystals were added to the vendor a while back i was selling the boe ones from the vendor that cost 250,000 creds plus for triple the price for days after the patch that added them....done in wow as well with snowballs that cost coppers with the vendor just out side the ah and selling them for gold.

Almost at my goal of 100M credits partially due to this.... It has dropped off a lot since 1.2 and the changes to the GTN.

Deleted
    OP was just posting what he observed with the GTN. Also only an idiot would sell at the suggested price. What sane person would sell something for 25 credits each when it sells all day for 300-400? It does not make sense. In that case the item's price is 300-400 because thats what people are willing to pay for it. Now if someone is reselling for 800 credits then yes thats overpriced but then again if thats the only price the item is selling for and someone is willing to pay it then why shouldnt you sell for higher?
    What's all this with calling people idiots?

Maybe they're not idiots. Maybe they know full well how the GTN works but .. just .. don't .. care. Or they value time over in-game credits. It's not as if their practice is hurting anyone - if anything, it's a bonus to everyone else. Not sure it's fair to label them as stupid.

And for what it's worth: I don't think the OP was just posting what he observed. The tone of the message, and the inclusion of the word "fail" implies a bit of willy-waving from what I can see. It carried connotations of "what fools they are, not me though, I'm smart. Validate me."

N.B. Here's a poser. Who's more foolish: the GTN poster who lists his goods for extremely low prices, or the capitalist market exploiter that shares his insightful money-making observation with everyone that reads these forums?
    Last edited by mmoc4baa691bbc; 2012-04-30 at 02:51 AM.

Some people just don't care about credits in this game, myself included. I have all the mounts I want. I bought all the legacy stuff I care about. So if I "fail" because I don't give a shit about the price of Rubat crystals, then yeah I guess I fail.

Not always. It could be the 300-400 is over priced, and people have just bought out the normal 100-200. Either way, some people simply do not care. Some people post low so they can try to helps noobs get some mats they may need but might not be able to afford.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlocke View Post
    What's all this with calling people idiots?
    Because putting up stuff on the GTN for less than it cost to gain said stuff is quite simply stupid. Even using you argument that they might value there time over credits, it would simply be more profitable time wise to not stop at a gathering node and I already covered sending out companions to get stuff, base GTN price as far as I seen is less than the mission cost to get the items.
    Last edited by Redblade; 2012-04-30 at 03:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alyssa View Post
    Because putting up stuff on the GTN for less than it cost to gain said stuff is quite simply stupid. Even using you argument that they might value there time over credits, it would simply be more profitable time wise to not stop at a gathering node and I already covered sending out companions to get stuff, base GTN price as far as I seen is less than the mission to get the items cost.
    I often just send my companion to gather while Im running through an area. Takes me all of 5 seconds, and costs me nothing. If I put something up for 250, and you buy it to repost at 350, you call me an idiot because you made 100 credits off me, but I made 250 credits off you.

Quote Originally Posted by Koalachan View Post
    I often just send my companion to gather while Im running through an area. Takes me all of 5 seconds, and costs me nothing. If I put something up for 250, and you buy it to repost at 350, you call me an idiot because you made 100 credits off me, but I made 250 credits off you.
    You do realize that the missions actually have a credit cost associated to them right ...