Halo 4: Spartan 4 question.

Ok so in halo 4 there are now going to be new spartan 4 corps. Would this mean that there would be a new "masterchief" to lead them, and would John and this guy clash in the future in the game?

10+ Year Old Account
    Last I heard, Spartan 4s were for multiplayer and while there was lore behind their existence they didn't have any affect on the campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by Axethor View Post
    Last I heard, Spartan 4s were for multiplayer and while there was lore behind their existence they didn't have any affect on the campaign.
    But according to gameinformer, the multiplayer would tie into the campaign by saying that all the maps are actually simulations on the UNSC Infinity.

Quote Originally Posted by flaggel View Post
    But according to gameinformer, the multiplayer would tie into the campaign by saying that all the maps are actually simulations on the UNSC Infinity.
    They (343) said that the multiplayer would have a lore explanation, that doesn't mean it has to be tied into the campaign.
    I'm going to do some real damage!

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, while the 343 has hinted to the infinity appearing in the campaign, that doesn't mean the Spartan-IVs will show up. For all we know it could be before their training.

And it is Masterchief's story. Another contingent of super soldiers would ruin the feel of "I'm a badass and can do what you can't."

Ok so in halo 4 there are now going to be new spartan 4 corps. Would this mean that there would be a new "masterchief" to lead them, and would John and this guy clash in the future in the game?
    If John ever clashed with another SPARTAN it would be a very short fight, because he's the only one that has a super power.

Master Chief Petty Officer is the highest Navy enlisted rank(an E-9) and in the military you refer to people as their rank and last name. Being a Spartan "John" doesn't have a last name and it would be weird to call him "Master Chief 117". Now could a Spartan-IV have reached the rank of Master Chief? Unlikely to their limited time in service they probably range from E-5's to E-7's at the most give or take a rank depending on their units organization. There will more than likely be reverence from the Spartan IV's for S-117 due to his accomplishments, long time of service and being the last surviving member of Spartan-II's, a sister program, and will default to his leadership.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandaemic View Post
    “Oh, do a daily? Just do a daily? Why don’t I strap on my daily helmet and squeeze down into a daily cannon and fire off into daily land, where quests grow on little dailies?!”

Why would they clash? They would welcome him with open arms and follow his every whim, whether he asked them to or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuskcat View Post
    Master Chief Petty Officer is the highest Navy enlisted rank(an E-9) and in the military you refer to people as their rank and last name. Being a Spartan "John" doesn't have a last name and it would be weird to call him "Master Chief 117". Now could a Spartan-IV have reached the rank of Master Chief? Unlikely to their limited time in service they probably range from E-5's to E-7's at the most give or take a rank depending on their units organization. There will more than likely be reverence from the Spartan IV's for S-117 due to his accomplishments, long time of service and being the last surviving member of Spartan-II's, a sister program, and will default to his leadership.
    Also that. Master Chief has rank, and he's basically a living legend.

SO much wrong information here its making my head spin.

Master Chief petty officer as someone said about is just a rank nothing more, John is not even the highest ranking spartan to begin with, just the highest ranking enlisted.

I doubt they would ever clash but considering the Spartan 4 program is 100% adult volunteers i doubt they would have the level of augmentations that the Spartan 2's have.

They Exist.

For those that dont know what the UNSC Infinity is

http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/UNSC_Infinity

If John ever clashed with another SPARTAN it would be a very short fight, because he's the only one that has a super power.
    No and just wrong

Also that. Master Chief has rank, and he's basically a living legend.
    Master Chief is his rank, he is a legend but also hes not the highest ranking spartan.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    SO much wrong information here its making my head spin.

Master Chief petty officer as someone said about is just a rank nothing more, John is not even the highest ranking spartan to begin with, just the highest ranking enlisted.

I doubt they would ever clash but considering the Spartan 4 program is 100% adult volunteers i doubt they would have the level of augmentations that the Spartan 2's have.

They Exist.

For those that dont know what the UNSC Infinity is

http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/UNSC_Infinity

No and just wrong

Master Chief is his rank, he is a legend but also hes not the highest ranking spartan.
    I was referring to the Master Chief having incredible, almost impossible luck.