Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Just take a look and read, please.

I created an account here to spread the word. I feel I have been mistreated by WoW and I'm kind of hoping to find more people who had a similar experience.
    Yesterday, while I was queued for a random dungeon on my alt, I got logged off. I thought it was just another random DC, logged back in, to find I had been permanently banned. I am playing this game for roughly 3 years now, I've never broken any in-game rule, yet, I got a ban.
    I went to look what was the reason behind this ban, it said I was selling in-game items and gold for real life currencies.
    I found this both a shock and a direct insult to my integrity, I would never risk a ban, let alone do something that stupid.
    Now, when looking at the reasons for my ban, there is none.

What I see is:

Origination: In-Game Activity
    Ban type: N/A
    Expires: Permanent
    Reason: N/A

Now, has anyone had a similar experience? What am I to do, to prove them wrong? How do I get my WoW account back?
    Any advise here would be most helpful. To me, this looks like foul play and I can't figure out why.

Thanks for reading this, I still hope to solve this in a fair way.

There's an e-mail address in which you can file for a recheck of your ban. I can't seem to find it atm though, but go through the support forums on the official website and you should find it.

Most of the time when this happens, someone was logging in to your account and doing while you didn't notice, so there's most likely something going on you're not aware of.
    Usually in these cases there's something the account holder is not aware of, and then is punished for it (making him, in this case the OP, think he got wrongfully banned).

Edit:
    Seems like you can make a ticket through this site: https://us.battle.net/support/en/ticket/submit
    Just make sure to include the words "I wish to appeal my ban". Of course change the "us" part to "eu" if you're from Europe, but as you didn't specify I'm assuming you're American
    Last edited by MestHoop; 2012-04-29 at 01:52 PM.

Deleted
    That's what I was originally thinking, I have both opened a ticket and spoken to a Blizzard representative on the phone. The representative couldn't do much more then open a ticket with priority and the ticket I opened got flagged as answered, without an actual answer. Also, the Blizzard employee I spoke to, stated that besides from the area I live in, no one accessed my account. What I think is odd, too, is that I could originally see the reason why I was banned. Now there's no stated reason anymore but still a perma-ban. This would make me think they couldn't prove their original "reasons" and instead decided to remove that part. It makes it trickier to solve this issue..

Quote Originally Posted by Nylou View Post
    That's what I was originally thinking, I have both opened a ticket and spoken to a Blizzard representative on the phone. The representative couldn't do much more then open a ticket with priority and the ticket I opened got flagged as answered, without an actual answer. Also, the Blizzard employee I spoke to, stated that besides from the area I live in, no one accessed my account. What I think is odd, too, is that I could originally see the reason why I was banned. Now there's no stated reason anymore but still a perma-ban. This would make me think they couldn't prove their original "reasons" and instead decided to remove that part. It makes it trickier to solve this issue..
    If that is true then they should also have lifted the ban. I mean, why ban a paying customer when he doesn't deserve it and they know it?
    As far as the e-mail address I was talking about, I think it's this one: wowaccountadmin@blizzard.com
    Make sure you provide all details and specifically state you did not sell ingame items for real life money (assuming that is true of course ).

I guess you can re-open a ticket, stating that your last one was marked as "answered" without an answer as well.

Edit:
    Just thought of this, but does any of your friends have your account data?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MestHoop View Post
    One friend of mine has the email adress I use, even with that I am very careful.
    No one but me knows the passwords I use.

I have an authenticator added to my WoW account.

Also, this is what I wrote them:

The reasons for my ban are a direct insult to my integrity as a WoW player and I cannot take this lightly. Come to think of it, I saw this on the forums... I will include a screenshot of it, it states I have a permanent ban and as a reason it says N/A. Way to go... This really just makes me think that a GM holds some kind of a grudge against me... I feel something very unfair is going on here, and I still want a compensation. This is no way to treat someone who has been a loyal customer for 3 years. I am spreading the word as I type this message, because what happens here, deserves to be told to every other customer, in case they also get screwed over. I wanted to make clear how very offensive I find this whole affair and I can't believe Blizzard saw fit to do this to me. Now, I included the information as requested and the picture of the ban details.

One friend of mine has the email adress I use, even with that I am very careful.
    No one but me knows the passwords I use.

I have an authenticator added to my WoW account.

Also, this is what I wrote them:

The reasons for my ban are a direct insult to my integrity as a WoW player and I cannot take this lightly. Come to think of it, I saw this on the forums... I will include a screenshot of it, it states I have a permanent ban and as a reason it says N/A. Way to go... This really just makes me think that a GM holds some kind of a grudge against me... I feel something very unfair is going on here, and I still want a compensation. This is no way to treat someone who has been a loyal customer for 3 years. I am spreading the word as I type this message, because what happens here, deserves to be told to every other customer, in case they also get screwed over. I wanted to make clear how very offensive I find this whole affair and I can't believe Blizzard saw fit to do this to me. Now, I included the information as requested and the picture of the ban details.
    you catch more flies with honey then you do vinegar.

After reading that, and being a Tech/Billing support agent at a call center, the first thing that popped into my head is "want to talk like that, stay banned"

Mistakes like this happen every day. If you didn't do anything, you should be able to get your account back. I've been through it, and I know it's frustrating, but quite frankly telling them how insulted you are will do you more harm than good. They don't care, the best you can do is write a polite ticket explaining your situation, and it should be resolved.

By making tickets like the one you did you are only hurting yourself.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kukui View Post
    you catch more flies with honey then you do vinegar.
    You catch even more with manure. U C WUT I DID THAR?

If this is all there is to the story, a simple phone call should do the trick tbh. Support can see _exactly_ what the ban was given for, and if you appeal it while being innocent, your chances aren't that bleak.

Edit; as the person a few posts above me said, the trick is to be polite and patient, it goes a long way as you need to deal with a LOT of assholes when you work at phone support.

Deleted
    If a GM would really think like that, they're not worth the respect they get. The insult comes from their direction and I have to stand still, smile warmly and let them accuse me of being a scammer and liar? Who, in their right mind, would just let that happen? Honesty means a great deal to me, more then just about anything else, and if that honesty is put into doubt for no reason at all, I feel offended. Who wouldn't?

If a GM would really think like that, they're not worth the respect they get. The insult comes from their direction and I have to stand still, smile warmly and let them accuse me of being a scammer and liar? Who, in their right mind, would just let that happen? Honesty means a great deal to me, more then just about anything else, and if that honesty is put into doubt for no reason at all, I feel offended. Who wouldn't?

Its ok to feel offended, but getting upset with the agents is not going to help you. When a customer calls me and says We overchaged him for somthing or did not refund him and yells at me for it I feel like doing nothing for them. I didn't wrong him, the company did.
    The same goes here. It is not the agents fault that your banned, its the company's. So getting upset with the agent is not going to help. Stay calm, be polite, and they will be more inclined to do everything they can for you.

Replying with any kind of hostility or using snide remarks is a bad move. These people WILL try to help you as best they can. Insulting them and asking for help at the same time doesn't usually work out too well. I can understand your frustration as friends of mine have been in the same boat as you, but that's no reason to lash out at the ones who will be helping you. Better to leave it to the minimum details needed for them to understand what has happened and why it is incorrect for you to be banned for the stated reason.

In all likelihood there was just made a mistake. If you were working in support, dealing with tons of raging asshats all day every day, how would you feel about someone writing you an angry ticket just because some individual in the organization you're working in made a mistake? Just be polite, explain your situation with all details included, and your situation is much more likely to be resolved.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by grisset View Post
    Replying with any kind of hostility or using snide remarks is a bad move. These people WILL try to help you as best they can. Insulting them and asking for help at the same time doesn't usually work out too well. I can understand your frustration as friends of mine have been in the same boat as you, but that's no reason to lash out at the ones who will be helping you. Better to leave it to the minimum details needed for them to understand what has happened and why it is incorrect for you to be banned for the stated reason.
    So being honest is offensive. Alright, thank you for making this clear to me. Brb, suicide. This world isn't worth my time.

Well this is what I mean with "Usually in these cases there's something the account holder is not aware of, and then is punished for it (making him, in this case the OP, think he got wrongfully banned)" in my first post. You're taking it personal, which isn't helping you get your point across.
    If you're professional about it and just keep it at "I got banned for something that I did not do and would like to have it checked out", you're going to have a lot better response from anyone really

Right now your comment has a lot of fluff, meaning they're not getting your point. They could be thinking that you DID do it, but you personally don't agree with their policies. Keep it concise and to the point, no need to sugarcoat it!

So being honest is offensive. Alright, thank you for making this clear to me. Brb, suicide. This world isn't worth my time.
    And now you're taking the comments in this thread personal Keep in mind that people here are trying to help you. I know you can be pissed because you got wrongfully banned, but getting emotions involved is never a good thing in these cases.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was banned for no reason once, call them up and explain calmly how you havent done anything and you should be able to get your account back
    I thought I did, but apparently I don't

If you die you die but if you don't die you still die.

I created an account here to spread the word. I feel I have been mistreated by WoW and I'm kind of hoping to find more people who had a similar experience.
    Yesterday, while I was queued for a random dungeon on my alt, I got logged off. I thought it was just another random DC, logged back in, to find I had been permanently banned. I am playing this game for roughly 3 years now, I've never broken any in-game rule, yet, I got a ban.
    I went to look what was the reason behind this ban, it said I was selling in-game items and gold for real life currencies.
    I found this both a shock and a direct insult to my integrity, I would never risk a ban, let alone do something that stupid.
    Now, when looking at the reasons for my ban, there is none.

What I see is:

Origination: In-Game Activity
    Ban type: N/A
    Expires: Permanent
    Reason: N/A

Now, has anyone had a similar experience? What am I to do, to prove them wrong? How do I get my WoW account back?
    Any advise here would be most helpful. To me, this looks like foul play and I can't figure out why.

Thanks for reading this, I still hope to solve this in a fair way.
    Your account was very likely compromised and Blizzard isn't out to get you. If anything what they did was protect your account. You need to take this up with them rather than posting here and odds are it will be resolved in your favor assuming you are telling the truth.

Blizzard can ban people for whatever reason, they don't even need a reason. Call them and try to figure out the exact incident which led to the ban, and try to refute it.

Quote Originally Posted by MestHoop View Post
    If that is true then they should also have lifted the ban. I mean, why ban a paying customer when he doesn't deserve it and they know it?
    As far as the e-mail address I was talking about, I think it's this one: wowaccountadmin@blizzard.com
    Make sure you provide all details and specifically state you did not sell ingame items for real life money (assuming that is true of course ).

I guess you can re-open a ticket, stating that your last one was marked as "answered" without an answer as well.

Edit:
    Why ban a paying customer? Because they do deserve it.

---------- Post added 2012-04-29 at 10:37 AM ----------

The point is you need to let Blizzard go through their process which is tried and true even if it may be too slow for your taste. Acting like a petulant spoiled brat will get you nowhere and honestly will only serve to make you look guilty.

10+ Year Old Account
    lurking in the bushes outside of your window.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grievuuz View Post
    You catch even more with manure. U C WUT I DID THAR?

If this is all there is to the story, a simple phone call should do the trick tbh. Support can see _exactly_ what the ban was given for, and if you appeal it while being innocent, your chances aren't that bleak.

Edit; as the person a few posts above me said, the trick is to be polite and patient, it goes a long way as you need to deal with a LOT of assholes when you work at phone support.
    Be polite and kind, that is the best advice you will get from here. I got banned twice back in vanilla. Both were perm bans, and i appealed both and got my account back. The first one was totally my fault, i bought gold. Please don't judge me for this, it was vanilla, and i was very new to the game, and very stupid. I appealed and just told them i was very sorry and i would never do any thing like that again. The second time was a mistake on blizzard's part. "controlling the economy" or some such crap. I cornered the market on runecloth and runecloth bags. I was a total asshole to blizzard on the phone, I acted a fool, and they didn't reverse it. I waited a week or two, called back, repealed it again and acted like it was my fault. Boom ban reserved.

All in all, just be polite.

I don't really understand whats to be offended about. If this was all just a mistake, then no one is "insulting your integrity". I highly doubt that any GM is out to get you... And the others were right that you'll have better luck if you act politely, instead of making a big fuss about it. I can see whoever read that email you sent just rolling their eyes at it.