Future Assassin's Creed games, and periods.

So I just finally finished Revelations, thought it was fantastic. Really loved Constantinople.

Looking forward to 3, but I'm a tad skeptical about the time period, but we shall see!

But it's got me thinking, what would be a great period of time for an Assassin's Creed game?

Personally, I reckon 1800's London would be brilliant, lots of dark winding alley ways, great history, lots personalities available to use ie Jack the Ripper, Dorian Grey, Sherlock Holmes & Dr. Watson, Jekyll & Hyde, Sweeney Todd. etc etc.

Any of you guys got any good ideas?
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post
    So I just finally finished Revelations, thought it was fantastic. Really loved Constantinople.

Looking forward to 3, but I'm a tad skeptical about the time period, but we shall see!

But it's got me thinking, what would be a great period of time for an Assassin's Creed game?

Personally, I reckon 1800's London would be brilliant, lots of dark winding alley ways, great history, lots personalities available to use ie Jack the Ripper, Dorian Grey, Sherlock Holmes & Dr. Watson, Jekyll & Hyde, Sweeney Todd. etc etc.

Any of you guys got any good ideas?
    revelations was amazing my favorite game
    i think 1800s sounds pretty cool early 1900 time period would be interesting as well

10+ Year Old Account
    I LOVE the idea of the American Revolution and thought it would be a great time period for the series. I think we could have a continuation with the War of 1812, but I am unsure following that. I'm thinking along the lines of The Great War (WWI), because now it seems Desmond's family is here to stay in the US, and many did not travel back to England after the animosity that existed against their former tyrants following the Revolution. Late 1800s England would be a wonderful setting, but I don't think we will see another setting or backdrop. I could be wrong, but I see The Great War, WWII/The Holocaust, The Cold War, and the Vietnam War as great future settings. We need Desmond's descendants to be in a time of heavy turmoil and a great event taking place in human history. Hell, Ubisoft could blow the cover off the whole thing and take us back to Caveman times.

Deleted
    I've always thought the French Revolution would be interesting. I had AC3 pegged as either that, 1800s London as you've said or the American Civil War as it's turned out to be. Though after Embers, I had begun to hope we'd see an Oriental AC. Not 100% sure about the setting on this one but I'm sure it won't disappoint.

I do hope they close Desmond's story though. If they make any more games (Which I'd love), I don't want them to be dragging on some tired, endless story that loosely weaves them together to the point where you don't care about the 'real world' characters any more.

Deleted
    I want a chinese or japanese setting. Imagine playing just like a real ninjas.

Deleted
    Soviet Union during Stalin's rule, the main character is a KGB agent

don't get me wrong, AC3 will be a great setting, but I'm not sure how the Assassins or Templars or even an AoE will fit together.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Footman Smoke View Post
    I want a chinese or japanese setting. Imagine playing just like a real ninjas.
    I would like that. Dump the Assassin's Creed thing and go to Japan during one of their civil wars. You could still do the gunpowder thing but add a lot of Karate type moves and stuff.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.