Poll: Did you reach level 30?

Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Did you reach lvl 30?

I had a misfortune of being away this weekend and thus I was not able to participate in BWE, nevertheless - I am curious, as I saw few who got to 30 posting here.

Who reached lvl 30? And more so, once you did reach it - what did you do for the rest of the BWE? Did you have anything to do or were you bored thereafter or you had lots to do and you did not feel the issue of being maxed out?
    "Bill Nye: So Todd I got an offer for you. You and me. Any time. Any place. Debating science mano- a-mano. I'll bring the facts, and you bring the Vaseline. Because your ass is gonna fucking need it when I'm done whipping."

Mr Eames: "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

To be honest, I played the PvE so little that during the ending event I had no clue where the hills were.
    The most important thing to realize is, no matter what you experience you are never alone; no matter what you are struggling through, there is always someone who is more unfortunate.

It's Ok to Be Takei (Rank 35/ Fractal Level 22)

Deleted
    Didn't even know what the cap was. I came to lvl 21 on my Elementalist and around the 5-10 range on other characters.

It was a pain in the ass to be honest. The zones(Queensdale, Kessix Hills) left you levels behind of where you needed to be, that's with doing all dynamic events you came across too. I ended up having to do every zone just to barely get to 27. 27-30 was just a long grind(the better part of Sunday) doing WvWvW. On top of all that, the elite skills were ridiculously expensive(15 points being the cheapest).

24ish but i played 3 classes this beta. L16, L19 and of course, L24.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    Got to level 26 on my Elementalist. I spent a lot of time trying out various classes to see how the others played, so I wasn't able to grind up that high.

Deleted
    No, because I had to try all classes. Couldn't resist. Two of them made it only to lvl 2 before they got erased, poor engineer and warrior. *g*

No, I only managed to make it to level 17, but I wasn't focused on leveling really. I got 100% completion of Queensdale and decided I'd keep the next zone a mystery still. Had an issue with one of the Skill Challenges that was bugged, but it ended up getting fixed. The game ran very smooth for the most part with everything set to high/ ultra. My biggest surprise was how hard stuff hit. I died a lot after the starter area till I picked up how to properly dodge. The game is fun and provides a challenge.

Deleted
    i didn't even know that the level cap was 30, i thought it was 20... i also had alots of problems wiht being underleveld, after doing al the hearts and al the dynamic events i came across, ialwasy enden up 1-2 levels beneth my enemies, so that defenetilvily needs some tweaking. other than that i just played a elementalis since i dident want to spoil my main class in beta and it was awsome!

10+ Year Old Account
    only level 13, was not on the game all weekend but is takes long to level and you die a lot Also tried almost alal chars but focused on ranger Norn.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AlsDKsauce View Post
    It was a pain in the ass to be honest. The zones(Queensdale, Kessix Hills) left you levels behind of where you needed to be, that's with doing all dynamic events you came across too. I ended up having to do every zone just to barely get to 27. 27-30 was just a long grind(the better part of Sunday) doing WvWvW. On top of all that, the elite skills were ridiculously expensive(15 points being the cheapest).
    Did you also do all of your story quests at appropriate levels? I was almost always right around the level of the enemies of a new area that I'd enter.

---------- Post added 2012-04-30 at 03:00 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by sophiemj View Post
    only level 13, was not on the game all weekend but is takes long to level and you die a lot :( Also tried almost alal chars but focused on ranger Norn.
    Speak for yourself <3
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

lol ... I dinged 10 on one of the last of the 793 black moas.

10+ Year Old Account
    nope, got to 20 with one character and 10 with another, did play for about 20 hours or so I think but spend a lot of time fooling around in WvW and looking at the crafting and the environment

10+ Year Old Account
    Cap was 20-25 (I believe)
    0/10

No cookies for you.

Deleted
    No, I think my highest character was 15. There I reached the point of no-return, deciding to stop it and not invest more time and effort to level up for a character that'll get deleted anyway. I'll probably play an Asura or Sylvari up to around that same level the next weekend, I can't see myself leveling higher for a character that'll be delted.
    The thing AlsDKSauce mentions factors into that. At several points I had to go look around for mobs, dynamic events, even repeat ones I had already done to reach the level I needed to be for the storyline quests. I did probably 90-95% of the dynamic events in Queensdale and still e.g. did the Ettin/traitor at lvl 13 when 14 was recommended, a 16 quest at 14 or 15 and so on. Imo they need to increase the exp you get from mobs and events. Not a lot but a bit.

Also - I don't know if I just had not reached that point in the storyline yet or what but, I was supposed to talk to the Lionguard character in the zone after Queensdale (tried, too low lvl, couldn't do it), I had not reached the point where I could uncover Minister Cadeacus involvement in the treason plot but there was dungeon, his manor, in Queensdale. When are you supposed to do that, storyline-wise? The storyline took me beyond Queensdale but no one had said so much as a word about this dungeon, story-wise, even though the supposedly traitorous minister, the queen and Logan were there.

Best I did was lv 6 because I was only able to play on Saturday and I constantly switched characters to try them all.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Did you also do all of your story quests at appropriate levels? I was almost always right around the level of the enemies of a new area that I'd enter.
    I waited to do the first couple of story quests until I was ~11, and only continuing them when I was close enough on the map. Towards the end it started to get rough though, for when the time came to move on to the next zone I was still a couple of levels behind.

If you are under leveled you are not grinding properly. The hearts are not quest hubs, you're suppose to DE grind alongside that stuff. I didn't even reveal 2/3rds of Queensdale before moving on to Keessex and Snowden.

Hearts are not hubs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    I didn't want to spoil the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuchulainn View Post
    Cap was 20-25 (I believe)
    0/10

No cookies for you.
    Posted this Saturday 6:23 PST 0/10 for you.