Thread: Cho'gath

Deleted

Cho'gath

Hey, i have a question about Cho'Gath solo top. What marks are best for him to run, magic penetration or attack speed?

Thanks

I believe marks favor physical attacks, so I guess attack speed would give u the most dmg increase per mark, but I don't play a lot of Cho'gath so I'm not sure

Deleted
    Why Att. Speed in top? Cho'gath is a safe pick to sit back and farm with; His ult does true damage, he has 2 ranged spells and THREE AoE spells. 3/4 of his spells are magic damage, and it's hard to determine what is best for EVERY TOP, but if you're against some melee champ who is based on melee (Olaf, Riven, Irelia), going Att. speed is useless as you want to hit your skills, not have them pounding on you.

Att. speed COULD work vs. bad auto-attackers, which are few and far between, so i would always go with Magic Pen.

Deleted
    Well, the main reason i thought attack speed would be good is because i always max e first, as it's the biggest dmg boost for in lane. and once i get a defensive item that counters my lane opponent, i can just auto attack and always win the dmg trade with e only

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Horn of Valmar View Post
    Well, the main reason i thought attack speed would be good is because i always max e first, as it's the biggest dmg boost for in lane. and once i get a defensive item that counters my lane opponent, i can just auto attack and always win the dmg trade with e only
    Going out there, auto-attacking, as someone like Cho'gath, is putting yourself in a horrible position.
    Cho'gath has bad mobility and no real escape moves, and 3 of his spells require for him to stand still... If you're vs GP, he WILL dodge your Rupture, and then just trolololol away while you can do nothing.
    Now, if you bought armor and went into an auto-attack fight and get ganked, you can't do anything about 90% of the time.

Cho'gath is a farmer. And the easiest way to farm is to make sure you spells can farm the minions without further ado. When minions start getting magic resistance, then you will see why you want that magic pen.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Horn of Valmar View Post
    Here you go:

http://www.solomid.net/guides.php?g=2521

Enjoy!

Rush RoA, Frozen Heart, and then build from there based on opponents.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by athanasios View Post
    Going out there, auto-attacking, as someone like Cho'gath, is putting yourself in a horrible position.
    Cho'gath has bad mobility and no real escape moves, and 3 of his spells require for him to stand still... If you're vs GP, he WILL dodge your Rupture, and then just trolololol away while you can do nothing.
    Now, if you bought armor and went into an auto-attack fight and get ganked, you can't do anything about 90% of the time.

Cho'gath is a farmer. And the easiest way to farm is to make sure you spells can farm the minions without further ado. When minions start getting magic resistance, then you will see why you want that magic pen.
    What? Of course you auto-atack as Cho'Gath. You can't spell farm with him, even his Passive doesn't let him stand back and Spam Rupture/Scream for all the CS. Rupture casters, wak up and auto attack them. Not so hard.

GP dodges Rupture? Cool, he can't do shit to you anyway. You don't move Cho'Gath out of lane after lvl 4. It's a farm lane, not a kill lane. Cho'Gath farms and they can't do shit unless the Jungler comes for a gank, which he can just escape with a well predicted Q and W.

AS works fine on Cho'Gath, it actually scales very well. You can run Magic Pen or AS red, either can work depending on what build you want to go. Typical ROA/Tanky/Disrupt Cho would be Magic Pen, more offensive based would be the AS.