Blackwing Heroine BlackwingHecate's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium

Exclamation A most likely unpopular thought

This is going to get me flamed to erebus and back, but hear me out.
    What if the new legendary is something that each member of the guild group that works on it. By which I mean the quest items are able to be picked up by every raid member on the quest.
    Think of the common complaints against legendaries
    • My class can't use the orange weapon
    • My raid group doesn't have a person that can use the orange weapon
    • I put in the same work as person X, but they get an orange weapon and I didn't.
    • I deserve the orange weapon more than everyone else, but I didn't get it.
    Well, the first two issues are already solved because of the number of different weapons. Every one in the raid getting one takes care of the last two.

So, thoughts?
    Nostalgia is the hollow remnants of memories long gone.

-Kaito Kumon (Kamen Rider Baron)

I'm ok with it as long as it's only available in Normal+ runs. Then again that could just be me wanting an orange.

If they did that every legendary from now 'till the end of WoW would have to follow that, and then it would just become uninteresting by the end. Having a whole raid group go in with all legendaries seems a little extreme too, because no matter how hard it would be to get it, some hardcore guild will always farm so much that they'd be able to equip a whole raid group with a legendary.

The concept is fine, but would it really be legendary then? I mean, we already destroyed the meaning of epic hundred years ago, we don't need to destroy the meaning of legendary even more than it already is. If this was to pass, it should only be available from Heroic, and it should take ages to get that legendary, and I really mean A LONG TIME. I like your way of thinking though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyreo View Post
    I'm ok with it as long as it's only available in Normal+ runs. Then again that could just be me wanting an orange.
    Well, I took that as a given.

---------- Post added 2012-06-15 at 06:51 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by wariofan1 View Post
    Having a whole raid group go in with all legendaries seems a little extreme too, because no matter how hard it would be to get it, some hardcore guild will always farm so much that they'd be able to equip a whole raid group with a legendary.
    I don't get this part. Because the default would be the whole raid group having them, hard core or not. So why would a hard core guild doing it be any more notable than a causual guild doing it?

Quote Originally Posted by Urufu View Post
    • My class can't use the orange weapon
    • My raid group doesn't have a person that can use the orange weapon
    • I put in the same work as person X, but they get an orange weapon and I didn't.
    • I deserve the orange weapon more than everyone else, but I didn't get it.
    I think all of these complaints come back to the misapprehension that legendaries are something you "deserve" by "working hard".

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I think all of these complaints come back to the misapprehension that legendaries are something you "deserve" by "working hard".
    Well, yeah, but I can't change the public's perceptions.