Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Eskobar View Post
    What I think of the GMs?
    I feel very sorry for them, for having to deal with people like you, entitled customers with an attitude.
    Man, i love the blizzard GM's.

I often submit tickets in game late at night when I'm up and RP with them a bit.

---------- Post added 2012-04-30 at 09:52 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by strombae View Post
    gms used to do all sorts of fun take you to hidden places show up and give you cake even help out on bosses but i dont quite know what happend that made them all so boring and robotic its a shame really because they offered a level of service that was spectacular and even fun but now getting hold of one isnt even worth the effort

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAy back in the day, we were doing nefarian in bwl (several other guilds were doing it at the same time, all competing for a server first) and after a wipe some one said that he couldn't zone in that the instance was full. our Gm/RL said in raid chat, "what do you mean you can't zone in". Then a GM said in general chat, "Oops, sorry one sec" and a few seconds later the guy that couldn't zone in was in the throne room ready to go.

The GM then said in /say "sorry about that"

We killed Nefarian a few attempts later and the GM said in our raid chat, grats on server first.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DISPERSION1337 View Post
    As the title says. Why are they being so useless?
    I have talked to a lot of different GM's lately, and I ask them to give my bow back "rhok'delar" and the staff "lok'delar" but GM's can't retrieve items that have been gone for longer than 2 months. But he told me that GM's could do that for about 1-2 years ago. How come they won't do it anymore?
    I have played the game since TBC, and they actually helped me a lot through TBC & WotLK. But it seems they are slacking a lot in Cata // lost a lot of their power.

What do you guys think about GM's these days?

btw, no hate in this thread please
    You've confused "can't" for "won't".

I tell you what, why don't you bring me a cup of coffee in the next half hour, ok? What, you can't? You don't know who I am or where I live? Well, of course, you're just slacking now aren't you.

I think GM's are like any other support job in an industry that's both technical and needs to cater to the whims of children: there are some that are good at it and some that are not as good. Humans tend to be like that. Overall, I think they do a good job.

See how long you could maintain your sanity when your entire workday is listening to people complain.

10+ Year Old Account
    I believe the real question is why would you ever get rid of the bow and staff to begin with.

Not really, its even in bold, italic and underline.

My opinion on the GMs, is that they are doing the best they can. Every issue that I've put in a ticket for has been resolved in a timely, polite manner. They have treated me like a valued customer as opposed to other games GMs.

You deleted your rhok'delar and lok'delar???
    Mwwahahaaaaaaaaaaa

U can no haz! U no deserve!

"Moosecrawler promised me a ghost!"

How come they won't do it anymore?
    Because it's impossible to restore an item after that long.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here's my concern:
    -- they just added the new bug report/suggestion report feature. These features do not give any kind of reply, and probably reduce the number of tickets.
    -- they just added the new auto-restoration feature
    -- and Blizzard just fired an instance-load of people. I would suspect some were GMs.
    What does that tell you about the GMs still left?

The GM's have ALWAYS been both nice and helpful to me. You are ungrateful. Next time, don't delete items you want.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd even go so far as to say that they are too helpful, going on the fact that no fewer than three times they've responded to tickets that I canceled on my end.

Other than that, I've always had good experiences with GMs.
    Putin khuliyo

Deleted
    The only exprience i have had with a GM have been good.

They'd probably be of great service
    Once they learn to read

Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    Everyone seems to have forgotten the big lay offs a while ago.
    This has absolutely nothing to do with the fact GMs can't dictate policy.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    See how long you could maintain your sanity when your entire workday is listening to people complain.
    From personal experience, it's a very taxing and exhausting experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulqiorra View Post
    If you equate playing WoW to having electricity, I feel very, very happy for the rest of the world, as that kind of thinking will, inevitably, lead to the eradication of your seed from the gene pool.
    WoW Toons: Duskwind (retired)/Duskrime (retired)
    Diablo 3 Profile

Quote Originally Posted by strombae View Post
    gms used to do all sorts of fun take you to hidden places show up and give you cake even help out on bosses but i dont quite know what happend that made them all so boring and robotic its a shame really because they offered a level of service that was spectacular and even fun but now getting hold of one isnt even worth the effort
    GMs are there to help customers with problems not play with them.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    This has absolutely nothing to do with the fact GMs can't dictate policy.
    It does if the GMs that were canned were breaking policy and setting bad precedents in order to placate players that indundated them with endless frivolous tickets until a change in decision was made.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulqiorra View Post
    If you equate playing WoW to having electricity, I feel very, very happy for the rest of the world, as that kind of thinking will, inevitably, lead to the eradication of your seed from the gene pool.
    WoW Toons: Duskwind (retired)/Duskrime (retired)
    Diablo 3 Profile

10+ Year Old Account
    I got all the gear from a character I deleted over a year ago back, so I don't know why they don't like you.

I have played the game since TBC, and they actually helped me a lot through TBC & WotLK. But it seems they are slacking a lot in Cata // lost a lot of their power.

btw, no hate in this thread please
    I never had a single GM since vanilla that actually helped me.
    Instance bugged? Well, go out and wait for 30minutes. You already did that? Do it again.
    Being griefed by a guild group in lfd that just stays there and missdirects mobs on new players joining? Sorry, that is not griefing, nothing we can do there. Better luck next time.
    Not eligible for rolling because you d'cd during the kill? Don't worry, you can have your chance again next id.

I always hoped I would find a cool GM that really helps me, or at least is giving a funny response. But I never had luck.

But, btw, in your case I say you try it again: Both items were gained by a quest, which they can easily look up.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    why would you delete rhok'delar and lok'delar? Bag space? Lol... right

Every single time I asked for GM help, even though they take ages, they ALWAYS have helped me one way or the other. Whether it was a bugged quest, a glitch, a lost item, or literally any other problem I had was always solved, OR at least explained why it cannot be solved.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Here's my concern:
    -- they just added the new bug report/suggestion report feature. These features do not give any kind of reply, and probably reduce the number of tickets.
    -- they just added the new auto-restoration feature
    -- and Blizzard just fired an instance-load of people. I would suspect some were GMs.
    What does that tell you about the GMs still left?
    Because they figured GMs could be out and about doing actual GM work instead of babysitting some whining kid who deleted his bow staff 2 years ago? Nothing wrong with streamlining certain things. If anything, it makes the customer service area that much better. Bug breaking encounter? Your ticket won't take 2 hours now!