Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by maky13 View Post
    I found about it from this article: http://dulfy.net/2012/04/04/endgame-...ssions-in-1-2/
    Haven`t tested anything myself (like droprates), but the actual box is on the vendor.
    Thanks for the heads up! I will go and do that... though I am going to get bored out of my mind I will do it. I appreciate the information!

FYI:

The War Hero set (not the rated war hero set) of schematics is purchased for 50k, it's a box, when you right click it you receive the 5 schematics for head, chest, hands, legs and feet.

They can be crit crafted from the get-go.

It took a ton of mats (that I had most of sitting in my bank anyway), but I'm now wearing 5/5 crit crafted War Hero set with PVE armors/mods/enhancements and epic 12endurance/18willpower augments in each.

Even after you craft them, they are BoE and can be sold. Personally, I'm not interested in crafting more of them because they cannot be reverse engineered and sell for 1 credit to the vendor. Therefore, it's like the lottery, if you don't crit you get nothing, if you do you can get upwards of 50-100k per piece on the GTN.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by agnarr View Post
    FYI:

The War Hero set (not the rated war hero set) of schematics is purchased for 50k, it's a box, when you right click it you receive the 5 schematics for head, chest, hands, legs and feet.

It took a ton of mats (that I had most of sitting in my bank anyway), but I'm now wearing 5/5 crit crafted War Hero set with PVE armors/mods/enhancements and epic 12endurance/18willpower augments in each.

Even after you craft them, they are BoE and can be sold. Personally, I'm not interested in crafting more of them because they cannot be reverse engineered and sell for 1 credit to the vendor. Therefore, it's like the lottery, if you don't crit you get nothing, if you do you can get upwards of 50-100k per piece on the GTN.
    Yes, but the issue with that is the fact is requires Valor 70 in order to use.

The only two ways have been identified here - the Orange BM or WH items, or by REing new 1.2 Black Hole or Campaign Gear.

My girlfriend managed to get to Battlemaster in two weeks of PvPing outside of raids, wins net you around 3000 Valor with 8 Medals, and the Valor bonus from controlling Ilum still works if you can be bothered to go there.

It really is worth it, it doesn't take very long to get to rank 60. Considering the amount of Space missions you have to do, you're probably better off just farming the Battlemaster rank.

You could also just wait until 1.3 when we apparently will be able to add Augment slots to existing gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    Yes, but the issue with that is the fact is requires Valor 70 in order to use.
    Honestly, I cannot verify that from work and I am above rank 70 so I cannot debunk from here either.

I thought that you needed the rank to buy the schematic box, not to wear the gear, but I cannot verify at the moment one way or the other.

My Nadia (companion) is wearing a full set I crafted for her, not sure if my rank carries over to her or not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raeli View Post
    The only two ways have been identified here - the Orange BM or WH items, or by REing new 1.2 Black Hole or Campaign Gear.

My girlfriend managed to get to Battlemaster in two weeks of PvPing outside of raids, wins net you around 3000 Valor with 8 Medals, and the Valor bonus from controlling Ilum still works if you can be bothered to go there.

It really is worth it, it doesn't take very long to get to rank 60. Considering the amount of Space missions you have to do, you're probably better off just farming the Battlemaster rank.

You could also just wait until 1.3 when we apparently will be able to add Augment slots to existing gear.
    I prefer to not wait considering I want to have this all finished before Nightmare Mode hits, and I do not know when it will be coming :x

---------- Post added 2012-05-02 at 09:36 PM ----------

Honestly, I cannot verify that from work and I am above rank 70 so I cannot debunk from here either.

I thought that you needed the rank to buy the schematic box, not to wear the gear, but I cannot verify at the moment one way or the other.

My Nadia (companion) is wearing a full set I crafted for her, not sure if my rank carries over to her or not.
    Rank will carry to your companion. Also, you do not require rank to buy the schematic box, but to wear it you do depending on the piece. It will say the rank requirement on every single piece. Trust me, I checked it haha. The War Hero gear for my BH looks amazing so I definitely tried to get the orange augment slots.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I am very knowledgeable about certain aspects of the game, however when it comes to attaining augmented gear I become a bit confused.

Lately I've been spending time trying to attain augmented gloves and boots, however they seem to not exist. Of course the Battlemaster and War Hero gear does but in reality I do not plan on being Valor 60 or even 70 at this point.

To get back on the topic at hand: Has anyone successfully found Augmented gloves and/or boots? If so, which piece did you get it from and how? I am curious because I need augmented gear for my campaign pieces...
    To answer your question, There does not seem to be any moddable crafting patterns available for boot or glove slots except the PvP ones.

Rumor has it and thats all I can say for now is that its a rumor, but you can get Orange Boots that are RE'able from last boss in BoI

edit: typo

I am very knowledgeable about certain aspects of the game, however when it comes to attaining augmented gear I become a bit confused.

Lately I've been spending time trying to attain augmented gloves and boots, however they seem to not exist. Of course the Battlemaster and War Hero gear does but in reality I do not plan on being Valor 60 or even 70 at this point.

To get back on the topic at hand: Has anyone successfully found Augmented gloves and/or boots? If so, which piece did you get it from and how? I am curious because I need augmented gear for my campaign pieces...
    Fully moddable Gloves and Boots are very limited in their availability. Battlemaster and War Hero are the easiest options, but Valor Rank 60 and 70 are required for these. Farming to 60 is pretty easy, if you ever pvp'd before, you are probably close. The mats to make them are all Grade 6 and lower stuff, you can just send out missions from any normal crew skill, or buy them from GTN.

The other option is someone who RE'd the "shells" for the new post 1.2 gear, Black Hole and Campaign are the names. But, as previous posters have mentioned, the mats to make these are pretty expensive and rare.

Deleted
    are the current in game crafting patterns crit craftable? i mean the ones that were in game pre 1.2?

I just got to 50 on my BH and am going to work on trying to get augments on my armour, i have some orange patterns for chest head and legs, are these crittable?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyUK View Post
    are the current in game crafting patterns crit craftable? i mean the ones that were in game pre 1.2?

I just got to 50 on my BH and am going to work on trying to get augments on my armour, i have some orange patterns for chest head and legs, are these crittable?
    i've seen normal orange gear with augment slots in gtn, so...it should be
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaexion View Post
    The loss of the ability to pass on loot is the loss of the ability to choose. This is communism
    Quote Originally Posted by Torched View Post
    A year from now someone on these forums is gonna say that the (wod) launch went smoothly..... I am gonna remind that asshole of this launch, this shit is not going smoothly at all.

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Something that I caught from the most recent podcast: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMWLao5M8bA

Around 13:08, the start discussing this. Augment tables in the game will be able to add augment slots to any piece of gear in the game. For that reason, you can keep any item looks that you like and make them end-game worthy via pulling the mods from earned items/drops.

This really sounds like a nice change to clean up some of the confusion with crit crafted items and not being able to get exactly the look you where going for.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Good change imo. Even though it makes augmented gear easier to get, it gives a real choice this time in terms of appearance. Also, doesn`t need valor rank 60 either \o/

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by maky13 View Post
    Good change imo. Even though it makes augmented gear easier to get, it gives a real choice this time in terms of appearance. Also, doesn`t need valor rank 60 either \o/
    Any amoring or mods that are pulled from high end gear and transported will likely still retain the requirements of the original item.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ya, was more talking about the fact that only option for boots/gloves now is either Rank 60 requirements or crit crafting augmented campaign, for which is a pain to even get the schematic (people need the gear, after all).

FYI:

Are the schematics themselves BoE or BoP? Just want to make sure I purchase them on the correct character (My Synthweaver).

So basically, I purchase the schematics, learn them on my Synthweaver, get the mats, and then craft each and lo and behold, I now have 5 pieces of War Hero Gear? And I only have to be Valor 70 (or whatever) to wear them? No other requirement? I'm assuming they're empty shell orange gear, right?

So forgive my ignorance, but where does one get War Hero level pvp mods to put in empty shell orange War Hero gear (other than taking them out of War Hero gear, in which case if I had it, I wouldn't need to craft it in the first place)?
    Last edited by Karazee; 2012-05-10 at 07:15 PM.
    Humans are the only species on the planet smart enough to be this stupid.

Purple War Hero Gear doesn't have Augments. The Orange does. You get the oranges from a box that gives you the recipes, you then need to craft those and get lucky to get one that critically crafted with an Augment slot.

So you get the Purple War Hero gear for the mods, and then the orange for the shell with an augment slot, and obviously the augment from the auction house or a crafter friend :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Purple War Hero Gear doesn't have Augments. The Orange does. You get the oranges from a box that gives you the recipes, you then need to craft those and get lucky to get one that critically crafted with an Augment slot.

So you get the Purple War Hero gear for the mods, and then the orange for the shell with an augment slot, and obviously the augment from the auction house or a crafter friend :P
    Off topic question: are you the same Raeli that used to have the rogue arena blog back in Burning Crusade?

I wasn't talking about Augment-slot gear specifically, just the orange gear in general. The orange gear is empty-shell. Where do you get the War-Hero level Mod, Armoring and Enhancement for it?
    Humans are the only species on the planet smart enough to be this stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karazee View Post
    I wasn't talking about Augment-slot gear specifically, just the orange gear in general. The orange gear is empty-shell. Where do you get the War-Hero level Mod, Armoring and Enhancement for it?
    From war hero gear.