[Music] Most underrated bands

Ok so post an underrated band(s) you like and would love to get *maybe* some recognition.

I'll start with an awesome finnish band called Kingston Wall. Played in the 90s but came to an end because Petri Walli (Singer / guitarist) died.

Mostly prog rock and this piece right here is one of the most "rocking" one. One you should totally check out is a cover of Fire by Jimmy Hendrix.

Last edited by keRmis; 2012-05-03 at 01:13 AM.

Never forget the Def Leppard!

David and the Citizens is a heavily underrated Swedish band. Ignore the music video as I personally think it's shit, but the music is fantastic.

I'm not a really a fan of that kind of music but that wasn't bad.

Saw this band in a local pub and I really like them, feeling they might go bigger as they have a great tour ahead.

+ Like someone said in youtube, that bass is catchier than crack!
    Last edited by keRmis; 2012-05-02 at 11:59 PM.

Death : Despite being considered the pioneers of Death metal and considered Legendary in the 1st place. I don't think they get nearly as much recognition as they should. Metallica is a household name, known and revered by about 99% of metalheads. Death should be too.

There For Tomorrow : A severely under-rated under-promoted alt/pop/rock band.

Warbringer : A severely under rated under-promoted Thrash Metal band

The Black Dahlia Murder : The single best living/active metal band on the planet IMO. Somehow bands that pale in comparisson (Such as Suicide Silence) can beat them in a popularity contest though...
    Last edited by WaitingforMoP; 2012-05-03 at 12:11 AM. Reason: Original TBDM video sound quality wasn't very good

10+ Year Old Account
    My favorite under-rated band ever:

Sevendust.

10+ Year Old Account
    Frank Zappa.

10+ Year Old Account
    This thread is probably more unknown bands rather then underrated.

Anyways, not sure if this band is known or not since I really don't listen to the radio but I have never heard or read anyone else talking about them and I think they are amazing.

Local Natives ~ Airplanes

Not a band, but more people really need to know of him. Sadly, he died in a car accident 2 years ago

Nujabes ~ Counting Stars

10+ Year Old Account
    The Fray might be huge in America, but I have only met a few people here in Denmark that know them, and listen to them. My favorite musicians.

Danish singer/songwriter Sebastian Lind, he is one of my favorite musicians too.

Australian singer/songwriter Oliver Tank, he is just completely amazing. Could remind one of Bon Iver, also one of my favorites.

Deleted

Masterplan deserves so much more credit. It's one of my favourite bands out there.

Deleted
    Way Out West does some awesome progressive house. Their tunes are so amazing to me I just can't grasp why they aren't more famous, well-known, whatever.

I particularly like their We Love Machine:

But older (and perhaps more well-known) tracks like Mindcircus and The Gift are still sweet as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    As a band I always find Motion City Soundtrack always really overlooked. My Dinosaur Life aalbum is totally one of their best and their songs as a whole are really good and differnet from other stuff of their genre. I love them all the same though

Quote Originally Posted by Eorayn View Post
    The Fray might be huge in America, but I have only met a few people here in Denmark that know them, and listen to them. My favorite musicians.
    I wouldn't say huge in America, they are big though

Somehow Coldplay out populars them by like a 3 to 1 ratio, even though IMO The Fray is like the same thing but better

^ Less than 2000 utube views

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BleedingHollowVeteran View Post
    Frank Zappa.

[video=youtube;seBNQwKswI0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=seBNQwKswI0[video]
    How exactly is Frank Zappa in any way, shape or form underrated?

Quote Originally Posted by Lakrin View Post
    My favorite under-rated band ever:

Sevendust.
    Quite related, my favourite underrated band:

Shinedown.