Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tabbycat View Post
    IP address...

They may also require proof of age/identity such as a driver's license. If it's different than the name submitted on the app...
    Do you actually think they will have an IP-check and proof of age/identity for login on to beta-accounts? For real?
    Cant tell if trolling or serious. Im sorry if you are indeed serious

Quote Originally Posted by saltyharbls View Post
    Do you actually think they will have an IP-check and proof of age/identity for login on to beta-accounts? For real?
    Cant tell if trolling or serious. Im sorry if you are indeed serious
    There was a discussion on the official forums in regards to this. When signing an NDA, you have to be 18 or older so they need proof of age. And thus you sign a contract and provide such proof. You can hunt down the thread on the Bethesda forums ESO section if you don't believe me.

Oh I've found it for you: http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/143...#entry22140297
    Last edited by Tabbycat; 2013-02-04 at 03:17 PM.

Deleted
    There was a discussion on the official forums in regards to this. When signing an NDA, you have to be 18 or older so they need proof of age. And thus you sign a contract and provide such proof. You can hunt down the thread on the Bethesda forums ESO section if you don't believe me.
    Yes... And i can prove that im of the appropriate age when signing up for a beta.

I cant in my wildest dreams imagine though that they would check IP and initiate a manhunt to find out if the IP
    that will in fact login to the account is the actual person who signed up for the account.

This would mean that just people with a permanent IP could use the BETA and you could never play beta anywhere outside your home.

Do you see this as reasonable or even remotly likely?

Yes... And i can prove that im of the appropriate age when signing up for a beta.

I cant in my wildest dreams imagine though that they would check IP and initiate a manhunt to find out if the IP
    that will in fact login to the account is the actual person who signed up for the account.

This would mean that just people with a permanent IP could use the BETA and you could never play beta anywhere outside your home.

Do you see this as reasonable or even remotly likely?
    Who knows. All I'm saying is it's a bad idea to even offer to give away your beta access.

Discussing how to break NDA.... not something we need to talk about anymore. Yes, there are ways to do it. No, you can't post them here.

Deleted
    How was i discussing how to break NDA? I was just discussing how they will verify that the registered user of an account is the actual person loging into the account.

Thats all

I seem to like asking questions here, here's another one.

People are talking about faction locks and making references to DAoC, now this isn't a game i ever played so I'm not sure how things worked there. I'm guessing it'll work something like Nords, Dark Elves and Argonians can only enter Ebonheart Pact lands and not lands of say Daggerfall Covenant or the Altmeri Dominion? If so that draws some concerns for me as Morrowind and Skyrim will be zones most people will want to see and all it'll do is add more numbers to the Ebonheart Pact.

How was i discussing how to break NDA? I was just discussing how they will verify that the registered user of an account is the actual person loging into the account.

Thats all
    I just want to leave this here:

This Agreement is personal to You and You shall not sublicense, subcontract, assign, transfer, or convey Your rights hereunder.
    sourece: http://elderscrollsonline.com/en/legal/nda

Maybe you should take the time to actually read it.

10+ Year Old Account
    When someone from here gets a beta **Without breaking NDA** could you please tell us how the game feels?

Deleted
    I just want to leave this here:

sourece: http://elderscrollsonline.com/en/legal/nda

Maybe you should take the time to actually read it.
    I dont give a shit about that agreement since that was not what we were discussing. And you know this too.
    But you apparently came to realize how invalid your arguments about it was so you are now trying to divert this
    discussion into a NDA-discussion instead. Great way to avoid being wrong in a discussion i guess.

Anyways... im done with this so ill just unsubscribe to avoid saying something ill regret later.

Good luck and have fun with ESO, may it be a better option than all other MMOs that came and left under the years.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephre View Post
    I seem to like asking questions here, here's another one.

People are talking about faction locks and making references to DAoC, now this isn't a game i ever played so I'm not sure how things worked there. I'm guessing it'll work something like Nords, Dark Elves and Argonians can only enter Ebonheart Pact lands and not lands of say Daggerfall Covenant or the Altmeri Dominion? If so that draws some concerns for me as Morrowind and Skyrim will be zones most people will want to see and all it'll do is add more numbers to the Ebonheart Pact.
    ill counter this by saying that im not choosing my faction based on the lands they control but because of the races in the faction. I never played a nord until skyrim, my first character in skyrim wasnt even a nord. I love wood elves and i dont think i have ever rolled an argonian. So ill prolly pick one of the elf races and most likely wood elf. Which puts me in the Aldmeri Dominion.

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    I've always felt that the "rolling alts is intended to experience the full game/see all the content" argument is bullshit. I don't want to play another character, I want to play my own. If I want to roll an alt, it's to play that class, not to finally be able to see all the damn content.

Focusing on alt-play as content, something SWTOR did for a while with its legacy system, is almost as lazy development as focusing on daily quests (which is the lowest of low when it comes to content development). Alts are called alts for a reason, because they're not "your" character. They're alternate characters, optional characters.

The only time it can work is if you actually do provide enough content to make an alt playthrough almost 100% unique, and if there's another compelling reason to do so (SWTOR's storylines, except the game didn't have different leveling paths).
    Can someone please rationalize this for me? Cause the mod hasn't bothered coming back to clarify what she meant and its been a week. She basically contradicts herself here and decided to follow up with a "stay on topic" statement while ignoring her previous statement.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    When someone from here gets a beta **Without breaking NDA** could you please tell us how the game feels?
    This would break the NDA if they talked about it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wynterlyn View Post
    Can someone please rationalize this for me? Cause the mod hasn't bothered coming back to clarify what she meant and its been a week. She basically contradicts herself here and decided to follow up with a "stay on topic" statement while ignoring her previous statement.
    I can't speak for Edge, but I'd assume the statement is that Edge is concerned about walling off the content if there's not presented enough of it for each faction to feel unique. If each factions quests are basically just mirrors of one another, then it feels like lazy design not to let everyone participate in the stories they like. However, I am optimistic that the reason FOR the walling in the first place IS to make each faction feel unique enough to pull it off.

But as said, I cannot speak for Edge, it was just my interpritation.

Meh don't read into it to much, might be a bit like myself, must of my comment made last night made no sense because I was flat out drunk during the time of posting. Can't expect every post by every person to make sense, mods are no exception.

I think what the mod was aiming for was "I should never have to roll an alt to see all of the games content out side of some story content". Probably been aimed at the faction locked zones which requires you to run 3 characters to truly see everything in the game.

I'll elaborate as I may not have been as clear as possible. (And FYI the "stay on topic" comment in another thread is unrelated to this, so no clue why you're bringing it up).

SWTOR is a great example of the first situation: SWTOR promoted alt-play through having unique class stories, and reinforced it through the legacy system which provided perks for you to unlock for alts, and gave you additional legacy progression by leveling alts. The issue is that once you leveled one character on each faction, that was pretty much it for unique content. You may have skipped bits here and there, but on the whole you were going through the same flashpoints, doing the same planetary quests, and the same side-quests. It didn't provide enough unique content to support multiple playthroughs, instead relying on the class quests to be the primary source of new content.

I thought BioWare was lazy in pushing the alt-play without supporting it with unique secondary non-class story quest content. This kind of development mindset reeks of lazy development in my opinion, as no game should heavily promote repeating old content (such as leveling content) as a core part of gameplay (the class quests were a core part of the game and something they promoted heavily).

If ESO were to provide some similar "class quests" type of content, and promote it as a core game feature, without allowing for a unique leveling path for each additional character, I would similarly feel that the developers took the easy route and used lazy design to prolong the experience in lieu of more meaningful content.

The only time I would support the promotion of playing alts in as a legitimate aspect of gameplay would be if there was proper content support for it. If the game wants to promote leveling alts, then it would provide unique leveling paths for multiple characters so that you are experiencing more than just a new class or a new class-based storyline, but a mostly new leveling experience from start to finish. You would need new zones to explore and new quests, with the possibility of maybe 1-2 new dungeons (though that would be asking quite a bit).

Happy now? Because cross posting about this in other threads is getting annoying and is off-topic to those threads.

whatever
    you seem upset.

I'll elaborate as I may not have been as clear as possible. (And FYI the "stay on topic" comment in another thread is unrelated to this, so no clue why you're bringing it up).

SWTOR is a great example of the first situation: SWTOR promoted alt-play through having unique class stories, and reinforced it through the legacy system which provided perks for you to unlock for alts, and gave you additional legacy progression by leveling alts. The issue is that once you leveled one character on each faction, that was pretty much it for unique content. You may have skipped bits here and there, but on the whole you were going through the same flashpoints, doing the same planetary quests, and the same side-quests. It didn't provide enough unique content to support multiple playthroughs, instead relying on the class quests to be the primary source of new content.

I thought BioWare was lazy in pushing the alt-play without supporting it with unique secondary non-class story quest content. This kind of development mindset reeks of lazy development in my opinion, as no game should heavily promote repeating old content (such as leveling content) as a core part of gameplay (the class quests were a core part of the game and something they promoted heavily).

If ESO were to provide some similar "class quests" type of content, and promote it as a core game feature, without allowing for a unique leveling path for each additional character, I would similarly feel that the developers took the easy route and used lazy design to prolong the experience in lieu of more meaningful content.

The only time I would support the promotion of playing alts in as a legitimate aspect of gameplay would be if there was proper content support for it. If the game wants to promote leveling alts, then it would provide unique leveling paths for multiple characters so that you are experiencing more than just a new class or a new class-based storyline, but a mostly new leveling experience from start to finish. You would need new zones to explore and new quests, with the possibility of maybe 1-2 new dungeons (though that would be asking quite a bit).

Happy now? Because cross posting about this in other threads is getting annoying and is off-topic to those threads.
    Repeating content (old or new) is a hallmark of mmos though. People have been arguing for years in warcraft that old raid content (previous tiers or previous patches) should still have some use.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    Repeating content (old or new) is a hallmark of mmos though. People have been arguing for years in warcraft that old raid content (previous tiers or previous patches) should still have some use.
    Well its a matter of degrees in my opinion. How much of the content you find yourself repeating. A little on the way to endgame is okay, but a lot can get old fast.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    Well its a matter of degrees in my opinion. How much of the content you find yourself repeating. A little on the way to endgame is okay, but a lot can get old fast.
    Well the reality is that lvl to 90 or whatever the cap will be is pretty much all repetition. To some degree or another you are doing exactly the same thing in these games. Collect 10, kill 12, go to A or B, and then return to vendor.