The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by c0da View Post
    Which was my point, the polling and survey covered all aspects of the game both positive and negative.
    Yeah. I could have worded my post better. I did not mean the only questions on the survey dealt with the concerns/complaints I had. But he was right in the sense some of the questions were right on those.

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    I find it interesting that there's been so much uproar over the Imperial CE contents, but nobody else has a problem with the potential sale of character slots? That's not even cosmetic.
    Well, it really depends. If you are pretty much forced into buying it (have to create a ton of bank chars, have the content you can only play on a specific character, have a big incentive to create alts because there is not much to do at max level) AND they cost a lot (I think more than $10 would be a lot for me) we might have a problem. Other than that I dont really see a problem: if most people will have enough of those 8 slots they have and altoholics can buy their slots cheap then it's entirely ok by me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I agree with this. That is becoming common in most MMO's ( buying a character slot ). 8 character slots for myself would be plenty enough.
    Please name some subscription model MMOs that charge for character slots. I'm sincerely interested as I've never seen this in practice until after an MMO has gone F2P.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post
    Well, it really depends. If you are pretty much forced into buying it (have to create a ton of bank chars, have the content you can only play on a specific character, have a big incentive to create alts because there is not much to do at max level) AND they cost a lot (I think more than $10 would be a lot for me) we might have a problem. Other than that I dont really see a problem: if most people will have enough of those 8 slots they have and altoholics can buy their slots cheap then it's entirely ok by me.
    Using alts for bank toons won't work too well. As your bank is shared throughout your account.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Meafy View Post
    Your make opinions based on what the mods say? If the guy had a mod tag and told you the game was great bla bla bla you would consider buying the game? Same thing for all those people who are basing they're opinions off of what some guy said on you tube .
    I pay more attention to moderators for this forum when it comes to something I have said in reference to moving on and accepting it because it is their position to monitor activity here. Not saying I would accept what they said in reference to that. But their opinion would carry more weight. Not in a opinion about a game, but a complaint about a post I made.

- - - Updated - - -

Please name some subscription model MMOs that charge for character slots. I'm sincerely interested as I've never seen this in practice until after an MMO has gone F2P.
    SWTOR. You are limited to char slots until you sub. So the number of subs you can have are a part of the sub fee, so in essence you are paying for them. Rift does the same thing. Yeah, this may be a practice after they have gone FTP, but it is still becoming norm for MMO's. Cash shops are beginning to pop up in MMO's often anymore.
    Last edited by Ghostpanther; 2014-02-12 at 05:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    Using alts for bank toons won't work too well. As your bank is shared throughout your account.
    I know, but you can still use the inventory storage. It really depends on how much bank space you can get, and how well the guild bank will function.

I know this is somewhat tangential, but I feel like until people are up in arms about $25 transfer fees and $30 faction swap fees in WoW it's hard to complain about being nickel and dimed in another sub game.

More on point though, the one mitigating factor is that you can do almost everyone on one character in TESO.

Deleted
    most gamers make alt to try new class, with 4 classes in ESO, 8 slots is more then enough imo.
    Beside that you can experience other areas on your main in this 50+, 50++ modes, so don;t need alt for that either.
    Last point - levelling will take a long time, and I mean a looong time, not like in WoW where you can stay in the city from lvl 15 and just queue LFD

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    SWTOR. You are limited to char slots until you sub. So the number of subs you can have are a part of the sub fee, so in essence you are paying for them. GW2 and Rift does the same thing.
    So F2P, B2P, and F2P. You're basically just proving my point.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

Do you know a lot of sub based game other than WoW?

10+ Year Old Account
    So they should just eliminate purchasable character slots. Then I can just buy a second account to get more.

10+ Year Old Account
    But they would still have the extra inventory slots the char has. Which can be expanded. So the practice would still provide extra storage.

Quote Originally Posted by Amera View Post
    I know this is somewhat tangential, but I feel like until people are up in arms about $25 transfer fees and $30 faction swap fees in WoW it's hard to complain about being nickel and dimed in another sub game.
    As far as I know, ESO is also still charging for all of those things as well. Until someone can give me an example (ideally more than one) of another subscription game that charges for character slots then this is new territory and people should be up in arms about it.

So they should just eliminate purchasable character slots. Then I can just buy a second account to get more.
    They should offer enough that you shouldn't have to in the first place. As stated, I am a chronic altoholic, but the most characters I've ever had were about 20 in WoW (pre-Monk) and that was to have one of every class on both factions. Which is why I said ESO would have to have at least 12 character slots standard before charging for more and even that is less than what other (formerly) subscription based games offered total.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hehe. I was not disagreeing with your point. But in essence with all the cash shops now popping up in MMO's the point is mute.

what the hell does it matter? it's not something you'll need, it's not something you'll fail at the game if you don't have, it's EXACTLY like paying for the shit you pay for in wow, and i'd honestly rather have the option to get a character slot anytime i want instead of waiting years like i have to do with wow.

i swear to god, you people look for the most asinine shit to bitch about. jesus christ...

There is none. Cause once you reach the max slots used, you are done. You can A- Switch server B- Pay nother sub on another account.

At least, here, they allow you to purchase additionnal slots instead of paying a new account. Its a great idea, specially since you have 8 slots already (its not like you had 2-3 slots only to begin with). I'm sure players of others game like WoW would love to pay couple of $ to unlock additionnal slots on their account. I know I would.
    Last edited by Aoewy; 2014-02-12 at 05:53 PM.

I wouldn't get up and arms over character slots, I listened to the Paul Sage interview and the only thing he mentioned was "name change", not character slots. Not sure where character slots came up from. You are more than free to listen to it at about 1:10:00.

http://elderscrollsotr.mymiddleearth...the-paul-sage/

You could tell he has nothing to do with the shop decisions and basically feels like something he doesn't like or is out of his control.
    Last edited by c0da; 2014-02-12 at 05:55 PM.

They should offer enough that you shouldn't have to in the first place. As stated, I am a chronic altoholic, but the most characters I've ever had were about 20 in WoW (pre-Monk) and that was to have one of every class on both factions. Which is why I said ESO would have to have at least 12 character slots standard before charging for more and even that is less than what other (formerly) subscription based games offered total.
    So basically you are mad because the developer dont give you as much character slots as you want (with most people probably being ok with the amount offered). I smell entiltment. It's a very mad WoW mentality. Needs to go.

10+ Year Old Account
    As far as I know, ESO is also still charging for all of those things as well. Until someone can give me an example (ideally more than one) of another subscription game that charges for character slots then this is new territory and people should be up in arms about it.

Well, there are 35 names I want to reserve in ESO. They should let everyone have 35 slots, why not. Hell, let everyone have unlimited slots. I'm sure no one would abuse it. The fact is, they HAVE to set a limit. That limit is 8. They would like you to use more but don't want it abused. They charge for extras to avoid this abuse. There are 4 classes. 8 slots are more than enough. I can also imagine a reason to limit it is like what others have stated, using them as bank alts.

Quote Originally Posted by Aoewy View Post
    I'm sure players of others game like WoW would love to pay couple of $ to unlock additionnal slots on their account. I know I would.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't ESO planning to run on one 'mega server'? So the option to make more characters on another server doesn't exist?

I can understand what you're saying about increasing the character cap per server in WoW, but the option still exists to make 50 characters account wide.