Deleted
    As long as the combat system isn't clunky (for melee's especially, like skyrim) this game will be awesome.

Ebonheart Pact, Nord represent

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Istaril View Post
    Hell; the community backlash got them to change the combat style, maybe we can get them to change the continent locking?

Also, by the by, people have done some reading through the quotes from devs, and have come up with an estimations as to what playable areas will look like.

From: http://www.tesof.com/topic-available...n-teso-release

what was the original combat style?

but yes, i said before they will probably revert the change, wait for beta to start and i think they will at least try it without the boundries.

also, am i the only person who hasn't decided what race im playing yet? :P i want to play an archer/assasin type most likely, havnt decided on race/faction yet

---------- Post added 2013-01-26 at 12:44 PM ----------

No, it's original incarnation was a WoW-Style hotkey based MMO combat system, but backlash made them change it into a more ARPG style.

oh wow, didn't know that. glad they changed it, would have failed pretty hard if they kept that combat system.

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    And GW2 is a prime example of what i said. B2P games have no end game. So no it will not be successful in the long run. The whole idea of B2P is to sell the first copies, get then money then maintain a minimal as possible mmo with little to no content upgrades between xpacks. And yes i do have a level 80 in Gw2. I would much prefer GW2 to have a sub and then have raids and other end game content to keep me interested. Instead of having done everything only a few weeks after hitting level cap. But they are so anti wow it will hurt them in the long run.
    Just because you dont think GW2 has endgame doesnt mean it doesnt have endgame. Raids do not mean endgame, everyones endgame is different. Also your wrong about little to no content updates, GW2 has proven since release that it provides a constant stream of updates each month, either by doing holiday events with new activities and items to not only craft but buy or loot, as well as world events like the lost shores and the upcoming Flame & Frost prelude which is a new story arc spanning the next 2 months. They have also been hard at work on fixing certain pvp aspects of the game, they have been doing balance changes each patch, and they have added more stuff to their Spvp system and are adding more additions in the patch this monday. So where you get this "little to no content updates" is totally wrong.

You kidding yourself if you believe a B2P model with a cash shop is less profitable than subs. People who spend money on Cash shop games will spend more money in that game than if they were on a monthly sub in another game. Not to mention GW2 has a currency converter, a brilliant idea that will always make the cash shop currency relevant. As i dont have to pay a dime but just have other players pay for me and i can buy the currency with in game gold.

I think TESO should go B2P with a Shop if they can figure out how to design a shop that doesnt sell Power but still gets ppl to buy items regularly. A sub based model will mean ppl will be looking at sub numbers to see if they want to buy the game and they are gonna be hugely dissapointed when those numbers come out because everyone overestimates the MMO sub market because of WoW using both US/EU/Asian subscribers when new games that get released only launch officially in NA/EU. So everyone sees 2 mil copies sold and thinks its a bad thing when even WoW only sold 3.1 mil copies of MoP its first week. 2 mil is actually a good number.

Quote Originally Posted by ShamanTankFTW View Post
    My question is...where are the Orcs from? As far as I can figure out they are from Orsinium. I have been reading the lore and have found that they have been constant enemies of both the Bretons and Redgaurds but I can't seem to find out where on "this make beleive world" Orsinium is actually located. Any help would be, well...helpful.

Game looks interesting and caught my eye, here's to hoping they can pull it off.
    Orsinium is in High Rock, NNW of Wayrest, in the SE part of Wrothgarian Mountains.

I wonder how mounts will be. I hope we don't click on them in our bags, but if it's just like Skyrim I don't think we'll ever be able to keep any of the pretty ones.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    I wonder how mounts will be. I hope we don't click on them in our bags, but if it's just like Skyrim I don't think we'll ever be able to keep any of the pretty ones.
    Hmm mounts that can die, I would love that in an MMO.. I'm not really fussed about collecting rare mounts but I'd enjoy trying to keep one alive.

Or better yet you have to go to a local stable to pick rent a mount thats only temporary, So if it gets killed you gotta get a new one or when you misplace it you have to get a new one.

Mounts that can die, and mounts that can FIGHT with you. Now that would be awesome.

Hell; the community backlash got them to change the combat style, maybe we can get them to change the continent locking?

Also, by the by, people have done some reading through the quotes from devs, and have come up with an estimations as to what playable areas will look like.

I seriously hope that they open up those shaded/lined areas. But yeah, from the colored parts of the map on the ESO website, that's pretty much all that was colored in. And if this is how the map will look, then the Aldmeri Dominion gets screwed the most out of explorable land (Valenwood with a bit of Summerset and miniscule Elswyr), while Daggerfall and Ebonheart get the biggest. Although if they do open Black Marsh and the rest of Morrowind and Skyrim, then Ebonheart will have the biggest explorable land.

As for me, depending on how they do the ranged combat, I will be either khajiit or orc archer as the main character (not sure yet). From what I remember reading earlier in this thread, they were going to have something like tab-target so magic users and ranged attackers are completely useless (especially in pvp). If they keep that, then I will go with the archer. If it is like in Skyrim, then archers will be useless and will then go with a heavy armor wearing 1h+shield user (nord or argonian).

Well I had a horse tank a dragon once so I hope they're not so crazily OP

Like I have been saying since the announcement, people are purely speculating. No one knows any better.

And they wouldn't "lock" Black Marsh. Its the starting area for the Argonians.

Everyone is just panicking cause there are no other games to talk about.

That is the thing I often find with the MMO crowd. Since there are so few MMOs released every year, it attracts the most trolls, so all their information should be taken with a grain of salt. RPGs, and such often are released in drones, so you have a ton of them and most slide through the cracks unnoticed.

I didn't even see so much crap and scepticism about Skyrim before it was released. You had people only hyping the game after it was released and it deserved every bit of the hype cause it was one of the most mind blowing experiences I've had in gaming and goes down as a one of a kind game of my generation.

But yeah, its just the MMO crowd is quite big especially the F2P one and those are the ones mostly calling for TES to be f2P since they don't just focus on one game, they rather play 4-6 and no person can actually maintain a sub for all 4-6.

Well I had a horse tank a dragon once so I hope they're not so crazily OP
    I would actually pay to see a horse ramming people off a tower, tower like in the cinematic. Somebody climbs up, and BAM. Who would expect that?

Quote Originally Posted by Pachycrocuta View Post
    As for me, depending on how they do the ranged combat, I will be either khajiit or orc archer as the main character (not sure yet). From what I remember reading earlier in this thread, they were going to have something like tab-target so magic users and ranged attackers are completely useless (especially in pvp). If they keep that, then I will go with the archer. If it is like in Skyrim, then archers will be useless and will then go with a heavy armor wearing 1h+shield user (nord or argonian).
    I believe most attacks work like they do in GW2 in that you dont need a target to preform a auto attack (mouse click in ESO) or a skill from your action bar. They said that for ranged attacks they wont be using a system like TERA where you have to aim your spells and ranged abilites but that it will work more like GW2/WoW where you can lock on targets and tab through them. Hopefully its more like WoW's tab targeting because GW2's is a bit wonky.

Quote Originally Posted by wynterlyn View Post
    And they wouldn't "lock" Black Marsh. Its the starting area for the Argonians.
    They stated in an interview that only a small portion of Black Marsh and Elweyr would be available at launch. If they have the entirety of Tamriel at launch, then what are they going to add in the future? It's the same reason WoW had a number of areas locked off until they were ready to expand into them.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone Jack View Post
    They stated in an interview that only a small portion of Black Marsh and Elweyr would be available at launch. If they have the entirety of Tamriel at launch, then what are they going to add in the future? It's the same reason WoW had a number of areas locked off until they were ready to expand into them.
    Well even that makes sense compared to what was marked in the map. I think people are simply jumping to conclusions. I do know that they are going to lock certain areas in the region, but not entire regions like specified.

they have to lock most of the black marsh. only argonians can survive there. so a small edge of it, like in the map, would be fine. elsweyr should not be locked though, i imagine it'd be a gorgeous area.

Signed up to the closed beta on my old machine but just purchased a Alienware and wondering would i need to resign to the beta or does anyone know if there is a way to change my dxdiag to give my new machine's spec a better chance of getting in.

Only ask as i got above average rating to get in but I have found spec of your machine is a big plus in these things.

spec in sig is the old machine

Deleted
    I understand the need the game to feel like the rpg... i just hope they won't over do it... TESO is an mmo, and several people need to deal with that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    I believe most attacks work like they do in GW2 in that you dont need a target to preform a auto attack (mouse click in ESO) or a skill from your action bar. They said that for ranged attacks they wont be using a system like TERA where you have to aim your spells and ranged abilites but that it will work more like GW2/WoW where you can lock on targets and tab through them. Hopefully its more like WoW's tab targeting because GW2's is a bit wonky.

oh, i didnt know they said that about ranged attacks, is that for magic as well? so i dont just have to randomly fire into the crowd and hope i hit something. i was a bit worried as i plan to play a ranged class, and it wouldnt be much fun trying to hit people with the bow.

ew.

Why should ranged have auto aim exactly?
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -