Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    I haven't played Morrowind but isn't Mournhold on Vvardenfell? Cause if so that makes no sense since the grand prize is Cyrodiil and Vvardenfell, while easy to defend due to it's geographical position, makes it shitty to get troops to Cyrodiil. Skyrim on the other hand could easily use where Falkreath is to route troops into the heart of Tamriel with ease.
    http://www.tes.altervista.org/mappagigante.jpg

Mournhold is on the mainland, and closer to Black Marsh than it is to Skyrim. So no water crossing to get to Cyrodiil from the Ebonheart leader base.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    I haven't played Morrowind but isn't Mournhold on Vvardenfell? Cause if so that makes no sense since the grand prize is Cyrodiil and Vvardenfell, while easy to defend due to it's geographical position, makes it shitty to get troops to Cyrodiil. Skyrim on the other hand could easily use where Falkreath is to route troops into the heart of Tamriel with ease.
    1st: Falkerth's main line of road systems leads to Elinhir in Hammerfell. You learn while playing Skyrim that Riften is the primary line between Skyrim and Cyrodil, but even so it's pretty fragile already.

2nd: Let's assume the Ebornheart Pact DID decide to use Skyrim as their main launch point. If you look at the map-
    http://www.tes.altervista.org/mappagigante.jpg
    - you can probably already guess the issue. Let's say the Ebonheart Pact first has to mobilize to Skyrim. That'll take alot of time and by then, it's highly likely the Daggerfall Covenant has already mobilized and moved eastwards into Cyrodil from Hammerfell and High Rock. Now the Nords have their main army in Skyrim ready to march south through Riften and Falkerth. Doing so, they immidiately clash with all primary armies of the Daggerfall Covenant, resulting in bloody battles where each side decimates the other on turn. See the problem yet? I'll elaborate:

While that makes for an epic tale of two factions battling eachother to blood and gore for honor, there's three factions in ESO. While all this takes place, what do you think the Aldmeri Dominion is doing? They're naturally expanding their turf in a completely uncontested southern Cyrodil. With the Pact and Covenant at harsh struggle up north, the Dominion marches freely east and begins taking turf in Black Marsh and Morrowind - which are largely undefended since the Pact are constantly moving troops from there and north to go through Skyrim to reinforce their northern based assault. Meanwhile, the same will happen on the western front where reinforcements are easilly disrupted making Hammerfell and High Rock easy to take.

So in the end, whom among the Pact or Daggerfall wins the battle won't matter. Their heads-on clash from Skyrim's side will have decimated them both enough to render no resistance against the Dominion.

Instead, let's take a look at how ESO WILL play out. Naturally the Covenant and Dominion tactics won't change. Each will move in from N/W and S/W, taking land on top and bottom of Cyrodil. But here's the kicker, instead of a few months of constant grueling hands on warfare, the Pact has played smart and is advancing from Morrowind. With each of the three participating races meeting halfway they can mobilize swiftly and advance to capute eastern Cyrodil, effectively establishing an easilly reinforced power-line to serve as frontier.

Nords are'nt stupid, they know this aswell that it would make no sense to move down from Skyrim and right into the Covenant's main force.

Or maybe I'm overthinking it, but if anyone can see flaw with this, other than "Well the Nords would just 1-shot the covenant then 1-shot the Dominion, duh!" I'm all ears, but from a strategic point of view, that makes sense for me =)

Edit: Why they don't just walk through Cyrodil to get to Skyrim: If you've forgotten the Intro already and that there's a reason why our armies are gathering in the first place, go watch it again and you'll go "Oh yeah, Imperials.." =)
    Last edited by mmoc1f48e0f23e; 2013-01-29 at 08:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by papajohn4 View Post
    that would be great but I don't think this is possible, although I am not a programmer I think if they design players as "obstackles" it cannot be changed so simply..maybe if they add tower shields and make these shields have the collision effect...
    I AM a programmer and I can tell you that this isn't something that would be particularly difficult to program. If they gave a character collision detection, they could toggle this property on/off in certain situations.

Quote Originally Posted by indoordinosaur View Post
    I AM a programmer and I can tell you that this isn't something that would be particularly difficult to program. If they gave a character collision detection, they could toggle this property on/off in certain situations.
    In AoC you could toggle an ability to go through friendly folks so they couldn't block your way. In Warhammer, collision detection was for the enemy only (you could go through friendlies). I'd say it would be perfectly attainable since other games have done it.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    In AoC you could toggle an ability to go through friendly folks so they couldn't block your way. In Warhammer, collision detection was for the enemy only (you could go through friendlies). I'd say it would be perfectly attainable since other games have done it.
    I meant the game programmers can toggle it on or off in certain situations, not the players although the game could be made in that way too. I like the idea of collision detection in PvP only. That way you don't pass through your enemies and also your faction can't stack 20 heavy DPS inside of each other for OP damage in Cyrodiil.

Just noticed TES online has CRZ to start off. This is pretty amazing.
    their moving their table over their
    they're moving they're table over they're
    there moving there table over there

Will there be raids in the game?

Quote Originally Posted by wow2011 View Post
    There will not be any discrete servers, so cross realm zone tech won't be necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by wow2011 View Post
    Its more like GW2 system of overflow servers but without the server structure of Home servers. So take away all the server names off of GW2 server list and just put one server. The system will then sort you by what you like to do to put you with players that also like to do those things. So if we look at GW2 youll see that everyone whos anyone gets randomly thrown into an overflow. In TESO what they want to do is put players that like group content together so they can easily find groups, put players who want to solo the content with other players that want to just solo, put hardcore players with hardcore, Rpers with Rpers, etc etc.

So depending on how you decide you want to play will determine what players you'll see in the zones.

Quote Originally Posted by dashflash890 View Post
    Will there be raids in the game?
    From what i heard the answer is yes.

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    There will not be any discrete servers, so cross realm zone tech won't be necessary.
    I was referring to the cross server technology that Bethesda has built. CRZ is just a term that people are familiar with. If WoW were to make cross realm zones, raids, guilds, AHs, trades, etc., then what is the difference between cross realm and "1 mega server". The only difference is that you can have duplicate names with "- server". Not to mention the back end tech would be similar: a host a computers hosting a realm as opposed to the old school 1 server hosting an entire realm.
    their moving their table over their
    they're moving they're table over they're
    there moving there table over there

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    Its more like GW2 system of overflow servers but without the server structure of Home servers. So take away all the server names off of GW2 server list and just put one server. The system will then sort you by what you like to do to put you with players that also like to do those things. So if we look at GW2 youll see that everyone whos anyone gets randomly thrown into an overflow. In TESO what they want to do is put players that like group content together so they can easily find groups, put players who want to solo the content with other players that want to just solo, put hardcore players with hardcore, Rpers with Rpers, etc etc.
    It sounds like "WoW CRZ done right" because different groups/types of players will be able to be merged and play together. I wonder how often people can change their playstyle preferences. Like suddenly they're not PvP hardcore anymore, to gank some noobheads, and then they're hardcore to play competitive (after which they lose and vent their frustration on a bunch of RPing PvE noobs). The venting can be executed in gameplay, or words. The latter can be ignored, the former not so that poses a problem. I'm curious how sensitive or protective such a system will be against abuse.

server/s sound just like GW1's districts

Deleted
    The system will then sort you by what you like to do to put you with players that also like to do those things.
    I'm not sure I like a system like that:P Say you like ganking.. who wants to be put together with other gankers? They probably say they are casual who like doing quests outside and get irritated when killed by other players yet still play on a PvP server:P Or maybe you are just bad but also lazy. If ESO will have a kick from group protection or even if they don't, they say they are hardcore and go to skilled groups to be carried.

Oh... it gets better folks!

PICKPOCKETING IS NOT IN ELDER SCROLLS ONLINE

Here's an interview with lead developer Matt Firor explaining a few things, one of those things is why they're not having Pickpocketing in the game...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology...iew-matt-firor

Good god... has this guy played ANY MMORPG since Dark age of Camelot!? Every MMORPG has done it since friggin' Ultima Online! I understand the problem with player pickpocketing, but why not NPCs? WoW has done NPC pickpocketing since 2004!! And EQ has done NPC pickpocketing before THAT! Nevermind that Pickpocketing has been an Elder Scroll franchise staple...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lizbeth View Post
    I'm not sure I like a system like that:P Say you like ganking.. who wants to be put together with other gankers? They probably say they are casual who like doing quests outside and get irritated when killed by other players yet still play on a PvP server:P Or maybe you are just bad but also lazy. If ESO will have a kick from group protection or even if they don't, they say they are hardcore and go to skilled groups to be carried.
    Lizbeth, I'm really sorry if I come across as mean, and it's not like me to call someone out like this, but.. Here;

www.elderscrollsonline.com - go read up on stuff. I can't tell weither you're generally negative or simply hugely misinformed. Or a bit of both, but either way, if you go read up on some stuff, watch a few blogs and perhaps search a few pages of this thread for third source links (And there's plenty to go from, interviews, alpha stage explanations and such) we can atleast deal with it, if it's just misinformation.

Also, by the terms and explanations you're using I'm going to assume you've not tried any other MMO's than World of Warcraft. And that's fine, too, that's great infact. But you could consider doing a bit of research on how other systems function, are implemented and how they influence playstyle and gameplay in general. I'm sure there are LOTS of people who're more than willing to throw you links of MMO's or even MMORPG's they really liked who can explain the systems and why they're unique. It'll probably help broaden your view on alot of the things you've been talking about the past couple of pages =)

Hope that helps your questions both previously asked and future ones. (Sorry to have ignored you previously, I actualy assumed you were trolling or flamebaiting but you seem somewhat sincere, perhaps just misinformed. If that's not the case, sorry to have wasted your time).

- Kasp.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasperio View Post
    Lizbeth, I'm really sorry if I come across as mean, and it's not like me to call someone out like this, but.. Here;

www.elderscrollsonline.com - go read up on stuff. I can't tell weither you're generally negative or simply hugely misinformed. Or a bit of both, but either way, if you go read up on some stuff, watch a few blogs and perhaps search a few pages of this thread for third source links (And there's plenty to go from, interviews, alpha stage explanations and such) we can atleast deal with it, if it's just misinformation.

Also, by the terms and explanations you're using I'm going to assume you've not tried any other MMO's than World of Warcraft. And that's fine, too, that's great infact. But you could consider doing a bit of research on how other systems function, are implemented and how they influence playstyle and gameplay in general. I'm sure there are LOTS of people who're more than willing to throw you links of MMO's or even MMORPG's they really liked who can explain the systems and why they're unique. It'll probably help broaden your view on alot of the things you've been talking about the past couple of pages =)

Hope that helps your questions both previously asked and future ones. (Sorry to have ignored you previously, I actualy assumed you were trolling or flamebaiting but you seem somewhat sincere, perhaps just misinformed. If that's not the case, sorry to have wasted your time).

- Kasp.
    Actually Im not negative. ESO is the first MMO I actually look forward to (if you dont count WoW expansions). As for that question, well, I think they will just drop the feature because I just cant see it working. If they force it on players (like determine automatically which player you are and put you in a server that suits you the most), it's going to split up friends and some groups of players don't want to play with others like them. If they leave it up to the players, it's going to get abused.

Deleted
    Actually Im not negative. ESO is the first MMO I actually look forward to (if you dont count WoW expansions). As for that question, well, I think they will just drop the feature because I just cant see it working. If they force it on players (like determine automatically which player you are and put you in a server that suits you the most), it's going to split up friends and some groups of players don't want to play with others like them. If they leave it up to the players, it's going to get abused.
    Alright, here's my take on it, then.

First, I doubt they'll drop it. It's something they've spent alot of time and development in creatings, so I am quite sure we'll atleast see how it's going to function in both closed and open BETA before we can begin assuming they're going to make a drastic change. Feedback and functionality would have to be overwhelmingly bad, but it seems to work for them at their own testing stages so far or they would've gone a diffrent direction already, right?

Second, we don't know much about how the system is going to work yet. What we do know is two things;
    - 1: We'll always be in an active enviroment as the risk of 'dead' servers is eliminated from the process unless nobody plays the game at all.
    - 2: We'll be able to pair with our friends through the megaserver system so we're never forced to seperate from our friends.

I have a hard time understanding your primary concern which seems to be abuse? How do you propose that the system of a megaserver can be abused? I don't suspect the game will attempt to analyze your playstyle and pair you with people depending on X factors. Ofcourse I can't sit here and say it won't try, but if that's the case I'm with you that it'd be weird, but it could function.

Secondly, if you're able to toggle interrests of playstyle it'd function to support your appeal. How exactly could that be abused? Considering PvP will primarilly function around Cyrodil, someone with 0 interest in PvP should be able to play the game without ever encountering an enemy player regardless if they so chose by playing the game in the areas designated for each Alliance. So let's say you're being ganked in Cyrodil, we know the system allows two forms of ressurection;
    - 1: You may corpserun without penalty and continue your process.
    - 2: You may resurrect at a Waypoint with a minor pentalty but at safe distance from enemies to move back out of Cyrodil and continue your process of play.

Are you affraid someone will join a PvP gameplay manually, get their ass handed to them in Cyrodil, relog and toggle PvP preference off to avoid as much contact with enemies as possible, then to move back into a lucrative position to participate in PvP from a more desired location, relog, activate PvP again as preference and then just go nuts? For that to work you'd have to have some serious psychic abilities to predict where other players of preference are going to be at any given time. And even so, participating in PvP is kind of what PvP is about to my understanding, so we can only assume whatever force you'll wish to 'abuse' would be aware of the risk of participating IN the PvP in the first place and thus be running the risk.

You'd have to elaborate a whole lot of how exactly the system would be abused before I'll understand what you're trying to say. I am genuinely interrested in what your concerns are, I just don't see them myself beyond minor speculations at this point.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    Oh... it gets better folks!

PICKPOCKETING IS NOT IN ELDER SCROLLS ONLINE

Here's an interview with lead developer Matt Firor explaining a few things, one of those things is why they're not having Pickpocketing in the game...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology...iew-matt-firor

Good god... has this guy played ANY MMORPG since Dark age of Camelot!? Every MMORPG has done it since friggin' Ultima Online! I understand the problem with player pickpocketing, but why not NPCs? WoW has done NPC pickpocketing since 2004!! And EQ has done NPC pickpocketing before THAT! Nevermind that Pickpocketing has been an Elder Scroll franchise staple...
    dont have time to watch a video, but really, no pickpocketing?! i planned on playing a sneaky character, doesnt make sense to not be able to pickpocket npcs, i understand not vs players, but why not npcs?!

So depending on how you decide you want to play will determine what players you'll see in the zones.

From what i heard the answer is yes.
    What size (8,10,16,20,25,40)? And will they be instanced or like GW2s Huge final dynamic event?

Someone also mentioned this but ill just reply to your quote. The way the territories of the different factions work is that no one from another faction can enter your territory, meaning their is no crossfaction pvp outside of the PvP zone of Cyrodill. Now as for ganking inside of Cyrodill its what you expect if you enter a PvP zone like a Wintergrasp or a Tol Barad. Your most likely going to get ganged up on if you travel alone.

So by saying you like to PvP hardcore its just going to put you in a Cyrodill map with other players that like to hardcore world pvp. But in your leveling experience everything is PvE and no PvP. I still dont know what the level requirements are for Cyrodill, Hopefully its like GW2 and you can level inside the World PvP zone as soon as you create a character and get scaled to max level.

Quote Originally Posted by dashflash890 View Post
    What size (8,10,16,20,25,40)? And will they be instanced or like GW2s Huge final dynamic event?
    Not sure what your asking here. Are you asking about raid sizes? If so we know nothing about raids other than one of the videos where a dev says very briefly There will be Public dungeons and heroic dungeons, as well as this quote i pulled from the introduction video. "Once you hit level 50 thats really where the game opens up, at this point your going into Cyrodill to pvp or go on a heroic raid with your Guild and your friends, or you can go into an adventure zone, which is our way of getting you to play solo or with a small group or with a really large group to overcome obstacles."
    Last edited by Zeek Daniels; 2013-01-30 at 02:56 AM.