Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    It's amazing how frequently history repeats itself in the MMO world, isn't it? I actually find it amazing we made it 3 pages before someone had to say (albeit jokingly... I think) WoW killer!

I don't even want to think about "balance" for this game. The bugs, dear god the bugs...
    If your save file is bigger than 60 hours of play time your framerate will mop the floor at 0 fps

Quote Originally Posted by OmniSkribe View Post
    Dude pls GO on HeroEngine website and CHECK Games on Hero Engine. IF you will point me atleast 1 good quality game I'll accept your opinion.

Looks like you don't understand why developer companies choose this or that engine, thet WILL NEVER rework engine from scratch --> The backbone of HeroEngine WILL come out here and there -> it's fail even before birth.

DUDE, stop capitalizing EVERY other word, its really ANNOYING & makes you look like a jack***.

now that thats over with, you want me to find you a game based on your pre-biased opinion of the hero engine from a few games you've seen using it, so you'll "accept" my opinion.....ok, that should be fun! /sarcasm

Ps: reworking an engine from scratch is a sentence that makes absolutely ZERO SENSE. rework an engine from scratch means create a brand new engine, you cant rework a game engine from scratch, you can however take a version of it, and mod it and chance it to suit your purposes/needs.

PLEASE go take a class in game design, I do it for a living, otherwise, stfu cause you have NO CLUE what you're talking about.

edit: not a fan of the hero engine myself, it can be rather lackluster and is an older engine to base a newer game off of. however, I will not immediately jump to bashing this game, just because it is using this engine. as i recall it, the gameplay/world/lore/etc is what gets me into games, not the graphics, as long as they can make it as good playwise as the other TES series, I think this game could have some real potential, even with the limitations of the hero engine.

just remember folks, the MMO that brought the MMO genre to the forefront (ie, good chance WoW would of never existed had this game not come out) was EQ, and they used one of the earliest versions of the hero-engine. It should be put in the video game hall of fame, and be retired, im personally not really sure why TES is using it, but whatever.
    Last edited by rigoremortis; 2012-05-03 at 10:36 PM.

Nooooooooo Don´t make it an mmo! Make it so you can play with friends online or on some servers with a few others, not 1000s of others.

Always wanted it to be an multiplayer option. But if there are more then 20 people on a server the game wont be as great imo. Seeing that everyone dose the same quest etc really kills the RP in the game!

I say scrap the MMO and make it as the previous games BUT with the possibility to take your char to a multiplayer server were there only is max 10-20 people! This way people can play with friends and get a whole new level of experience out of the game AND the game designers wont have to change combat etc!

Meh, not really looking forward to it, don't know how they can turn a simple hack and slash RPG into an MMO. I'd rather have a Pokemon MMO tbh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cargath View Post
    Meh, not really looking forward to it, don't know how they can turn a simple hack and slash RPG into an MMO. I'd rather have a Pokemon MMO tbh.
    because there aren't any hack and slash mmo's out there already?

And to everyone that missed it, Here's a link again from a page back, with a bit more information about it:http://xbigygames.com/the-elder-scro...ts-and-details

Deleted
    I allways wanted a Multiplayer option in Elder scrolls, when you can invite someone to your ''world'' or start one together, but an Online MMO? not sure how it will be, but i will buy it for sure! If it turns out not so good i really do hope we get an offline mode or an ''private'' server aswell i allways liked elder scrolls games and dont want kids to ruin this experience aswell...

Well we'll have to see the screens being released later tonight and tomorrow and the teaser trailer! I'm very excited I loved Darkfall in theory but the company ruined that game if Bethesda can make a game like Darkfall but make it the right way this TES MMO has tons of potential! Although I am skeptical I'll have to see what I'm getting to believe it! And 3 faction PVP YES! Hopefully the return of DOAC that game was BEAST!

Scan from GameInformer:
    http://d27vj430nutdmd.cloudfront.net...b0334d67c5.pdf

Same engine used in SWTOR ( HeroEngine)
    Molag Bal will be the main villain
    Seems to me they are going themepark, a big FAIL IMO

Quote Originally Posted by RevanSparda View Post
    Scan from GameInformer:

Well I too am a little dissappointed in the theme-park way to go! But hey I'll definately watch this games progress heavily and will defiantely be playing at release! Just becuase its WoW esqu doesn't make it WoW!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flimsy View Post
    something fans have long said they wanted
    People wanted Co-op play. I don't think I have ever heard someone say, "Gee you know what would make Skyrim more fun? Being able to kill this dragon with 24 other people, 15 of which I hate." I am going to be so sad if they abandon SPRPG for MMORPGs in the Elder Scrolls universe.

Sad part is I will almost certainly end up trying it if I am still playing MMOs when it ends up releasing.

I'll pass.

Now if they made a co-op ES game then I would be on that with the quickness.

I don't care if they make an Elder Scrolls MMO as long as they also don't stop releasing single player games as well. I enjoy the tranquility of knowing that there are no other people (real not NPCs) in my game. Sometimes I just need that alone time.

Okay, I've slept on it. It's time for a logical post instead of one filled with emotion like my last, "FUUUUUUUUUUUUU" post. These are the reasons I can easily say I don't like this game, despite not knowing much about it.

1. I dislike the social aspect of mmos. Why? Well, here's a list.

a. I don't like dealing with people. In my time playing online games I have witnessed some of the worst human behavior imaginable.
    I don't want to deal with that bullshit. I hate people that just exist to fuck up my day, be it spamming me with guild invites/messages,
    insulting me, or just following me around and being a bother.

b. I hate relying on other people. Be it dungeons, world bosses, raids, or pvp, I just hate not being the only person that determines
    my success or failure. I would have enjoyed World of Warcraft a lot more if I could solo all raid content. Needing other people
    also means that I must put in extra effort to find/make a group or wait in some kind of queue system if I wish to do certain things
    in the game.

c. Other people ruin my immersion. It's hard to be immersed in a persistent consistent world with my detailed backstory and setting
    appropriate character name when I see people named shit like saltyballs420 and Chinesebot#109843.

2. Balance patches. It sucks, really badly, when you log into a game and find out that your class/spec/gear/whatever has been nerfed. It's just
    fucking frustrating and it's not something I want to deal with. Sure, patches come out all the time for single player games. The difference is
    that they're not required. I can delete patches off my xbox or computer and the game won't yell at me saying I can't play. That's not going to
    be true anymore with an online Elder Scrolls.

3. Pvp. I want nothing to do with this. It sort of ties into point 1 and 2. Pvp brings many issues to a game. Elitism, a generally more annoying
    community, pvp balance changes, the works. Never mind how they may tie pvp into the, "single player" experience with their 3 different
    factions. If I want to master the game it also means I need another gearset/build/whatever as I find it doubtful that the best pvp
    characters will also be the best pve ones.

4. Online servers. I'm weird. I don't always feel like playing at normal times. Sometimes I wake up at 4:00 am and want to play some video games.
    It's very annoying when I want to play a game and I find that the servers are down. Since it's online that means I also have to deal with latency
    which while not a huge issue, is mildly annoying in its own right.

5. Subscription fee. Not sure if this will apply yet, but if it does, that's just another reason why I don't like this game.

6. I am a fan of Elder Scrolls and its lore. I hate feeling obligated to play an online game to fully understand the story. I already need to play
    Dragon Ball: Online for the story, and now this. *sigh*

Edit: Wow, I should have previewed that. My careful formatting got all fucked up. How the fuck do you properly indent on this site? You'd think I'd know that after 2.4k+ posts.
    Last edited by OrcsRLame; 2012-05-04 at 12:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RevanSparda View Post
    Scan from GameInformer:

Bioware, a company that makes amazing single-player games makes an MMO - fails quite miserably, one of the reasons being awful engine.

Bethesda, a company that makes amazing single-player starts making an MMO on the same engine.

RIP T.E.S.

Testanic much?
    Last edited by Strah; 2012-05-04 at 12:48 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am a huge fan of the Elder Scrolls franchise and I have wanted some sort of online play/co-op ability. I am sure that this will be extremely bug ridden like many of the Elder Scrolls but I will still play it and I am super excited

I'm sorry but people are totally fucking ignorant. The current engine being used in Star Wars the Old republic has been gutted and modified so much that the comparison to the hero engine is roughly akin to comparing an ape to a man. Even if you do that comparison the version of the hero engine that was used to make the swtor engine was EARLY and according to the hero engine developer BW hasn't had a code drop off from the hero guys for like 3-4 years. The hero engine has been vastly improved since it's early days. Continue to prattle on about shit you know nothing about though.

Quote Originally Posted by Xelk View Post
    But Elder scrolls combat is just slash sword/ cast fire spell. Wow's combat is actually better and more skill based than Elder Scrolls- and that is saying something.
    Lol.... not sure if serious

edit: the first part of the quote can be used to describe combat in any fantasy genre as it's all "just slash/cast". I don't see how a game based on maximizing hit rating or avoidance rating would ever be classified as more "skill based" than a set up requiring you to actually pay attention to an enemies actions (i.e. taking on giants that one shot your lame character but still being able to jump/dodge away while firing off spells/arrows)
    Last edited by mickybrighteyes; 2012-05-04 at 01:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    Lol.... not sure if serious

edit: the first part of the quote can be used to describe combat in any fantasy genre as it's all "just slash/cast". I don't see how a game based on maximizing hit rating or avoidance rating would ever be classified as more "skill based" than a set up requiring you to actually pay attention to an enemies actions (i.e. taking on giants that one shot your lame character but still being able to jump/dodge away while firing off spells/arrows)
    Not saying Wow combat is any good, but TES one is pretty damn primitive. Just compare it to similar-fashioned witcher/witcher 2.

10+ Year Old Account
    Big ol meh. seems unneeded, the Scroll series was fine as is. I have no interest in playing this, I'd rather they focus development times on other projects.