Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Honestly I don't intend to ever pvp in ESO. I hope they really expand PvE content. I can't stand PvP it promotes a negative community.

(as if ESO didn't already have a pretty bad community)

Like especially in the zones where you can get the vampire bite or werewolf bite. Those the community is especially toxic.
    Why do you play MMOs if you can't stand the community? You might aswell leave Earth as most of the world is just terrible.

Deleted
    I've never had trouble keeping aggro on groups as a dragonknight tank. I think you're running with badly specced ones.

The one thing I have noticed with this game. The community is absolutely horrible. Especially at the high end.
    The "trinity" definitely is present in teso. My dreams of being dps/healer (on the same bar like) crashed against the hard reality of things. If you heal you heal. Stop. And I suppose if you tank you tank. Haven't played a tank yet so wouldn't know.
    I don't mind the trinity, but it shouldn't be a given that "mobs are on tank".
    I love dungeons as a healer, they're very "active", and in my limited experience, Ive noticed a huge difference between a tank and a "tank".

Well... The game is out nearly a month now.
    I started 5 days before and I'm still 25.
    Playing like 1-2 hours at night. Now i know there's different degrees of "casual" and I'm at the very end of one side, but id expect more "normal" people to join the top end ranks soon

- - - Updated - - -

Honestly I don't intend to ever pvp in ESO. I hope they really expand PvE content. I can't stand PvP it promotes a negative community.

(as if ESO didn't already have a pretty bad community)

Like especially in the zones where you can get the vampire bite or werewolf bite. Those the community is especially toxic.
    Quick question.
    Is vampirism or lycanthropy like an illness you can cure, or is it something that once you get infected with you can't go back?

I think we all had just about enough vampires in the last few years

Deleted
    Quick question.
    Is vampirism or lycanthropy like an illness you can cure, or is it something that once you get infected with you can't go back?

I think we all had just about enough vampires in the last few years
    It's curable, the negatives are pretty bad in some situations, so it's definitely something some people will want to cure and then go back to maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by despair9 View Post
    Why do you play MMOs if you can't stand the community? You might aswell leave Earth as most of the world is just terrible.
    I like playing with other people. They doesn't stop me from recognizing that ESO has a generally bad community. There are a few good people that I hang out with. But this game specifically is all but designed around screwing other players over.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    It's curable, the negatives are pretty bad in some situations, so it's definitely something some people will want to cure and then go back to maybe.
    I already got cured of my WW and went Vamp. WW is absolutely horrible at a higher level. The Transform is useless as you lose your abilities and armor and stuff. Plus it feels like you do less damage than non-transformed.

That said its horrible fun to transform on some level 20 zombie hordes at level 50 and just start tearing them up.
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    So if the states get together and work with the Legislative Branch to write an amendment to the federal constitution, you think the Judiciary (SCOTUS) could strike it down for being 'unconstitutional'?
    Uh...yes. Absolutely.

I like playing with other people. They doesn't stop me from recognizing that ESO has a generally bad community. There are a few good people that I hang out with. But this game specifically is all but designed around screwing other players over.
    Yeah, but many of them came from other MMO's probably. Like WoW. Those WoW types are going to be the ones asking for really absurdly high requirements of people for to run with. I hope they get flatly ignored, so that they go back to keeping people out of Flex and Normal raids. "We don't like scrubs, but we demand a 550 ilvl from everyone we run with in Flex because we just want to faceroll everything. But we hate facerollers." BLEAH!

If anything is turning me off of WoW, it isn't the game itself, it's the attitude I've been seeing from "l33ts" over on the WoW forums.

"LFR people don't WORK hard enough to get gear" - from teenyboppers, or college idiots taking humanities courses, who wouldn't know how to run a shovel or a pick to save their idiot lives. My husband had to work with young people like this, it was mind-boggling. The only kids who knew how to work (building grain bins) were the farmer kids. The urban kids were next to useless; they couldn't even open a bag of bolts without scattering the things all over the grass. To make matters more humourous, the boss himself was only 24, and facepalmed his way through that whole summer.
    Last edited by FunkyRaccoon; 2014-04-25 at 09:24 AM.

It's the same community you get in every other mmo...it's no different or worse than any other and it won't change anytime soon with other newer mmos either so you might as well do your self a favor and turn world chat off because you'll be seeing the same old shit time and time again.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Will there be some sort of trial sooner or later? I feel like I wanna get this game but I'm afraid I might be disappointed later on and waste my money. Tough choice :/. Really wish if they had the f2p model rather than sub based.

Quote Originally Posted by Lagwin View Post
    It's the same community you get in every other mmo...it's no different or worse than any other and it won't change anytime soon with other newer mmos either so you might as well do your self a favor and turn world chat off because you'll be seeing the same old shit time and time again.
    I wish we could publicly shame people who cause the communities to be horrible though. We really need to start doing this in MMO's or they'll just keep getting worse.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

I wish we could publicly shame people who cause the communities to be horrible though. We really need to start doing this in MMO's or they'll just keep getting worse.
    Refuse to interact with them, run with them, etc.

As I said, if WoW l33t behaviour crops up, I hope the rest of the community ignores them. hahaha, especially in a game where everyone can craft all the legendary gear they want.

If they can't be shamed (and some people can't be, no matter what), then shunning still works. They do it to everyone they don't want playing WoW, the rest of us can bloody well do it back to them in another game where WoW attitudes aren't wanted.
    Last edited by FunkyRaccoon; 2014-04-25 at 09:50 AM.

Deleted
    I've never had trouble keeping aggro on groups as a dragonknight tank. I think you're running with badly specced ones.

The one thing I have noticed with this game. The community is absolutely horrible. Especially at the high end.
    Dunno, i do not think, that community is that bad at all. Average as hell. Sometimes funny and pleasant, sometimes dicks. High end community right now is... well, right now they are the rushing dicks - things will even out a month later.

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyRaccoon View Post
    Refuse to interact with them, run with them, etc.

As I said, if WoW l33t behaviour crops up, I hope the rest of the community ignores them. hahaha, especially in a game where everyone can craft all the legendary gear they want.

If they can't be shamed (and some people can't be, no matter what), then shunning still works. They do it to everyone they don't want playing WoW, the rest of us can bloody well do it back to them in another game where WoW attitudes aren't wanted.
    Yes, because WoW is the ONLY mmo in which these "attitudes" are present, isn't that right? And I would surmise from your post that the ESO community is somehow "superior" to WoW's and others' in some fashion, yes?

I love how you used evidence and long-term experience to support your ESO Fanboi opinion. Very impressive!

Just wait til this thing goes F2P in 6 months, and then please let us all know what you think of its "superior" community then.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kalamona View Post
    Dunno, i do not think, that community is that bad at all. Average as hell. Sometimes funny and pleasant, sometimes dicks. High end community right now is... well, right now they are the rushing dicks - things will even out a month later.
    I'd say community is better than at other online games, but it's still just average. Some are good, some are bad (though im seeing mostly good people, and people that don't talk at all). However many people came from other MMOs and are just rushing to veteran rank 10, though there are some from PTS and knew all the faction stories so they just didn't bother to listen to everything again. I'm at lvl 46, halfway done with The Rift and already at 152h played. So basically with the quests I'm not even on 1/3, this game is huge.

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyRaccoon View Post
    Yeah, but many of them came from other MMO's probably. Like WoW. Those WoW types are going to be the ones asking for really absurdly high requirements of people for to run with. I hope they get flatly ignored, so that they go back to keeping people out of Flex and Normal raids. "We don't like scrubs, but we demand a 550 ilvl from everyone we run with in Flex because we just want to faceroll everything. But we hate facerollers." BLEAH!

If anything is turning me off of WoW, it isn't the game itself, it's the attitude I've been seeing from "l33ts" over on the WoW forums.

"LFR people don't WORK hard enough to get gear" - from teenyboppers, or college idiots taking humanities courses, who wouldn't know how to run a shovel or a pick to save their idiot lives. My husband had to work with young people like this, it was mind-boggling. The only kids who knew how to work (building grain bins) were the farmer kids. The urban kids were next to useless; they couldn't even open a bag of bolts without scattering the things all over the grass. To make matters more humourous, the boss himself was only 24, and facepalmed his way through that whole summer.
    I'm a heroic raider. You're generalizing a lot there. I find it funny when people complain about people asking for high ilevel yet they're more than welcome to start their own raid and set whatever ilevel they want. They don't because they want others to do all the work of putting the group together and running it.

Quote Originally Posted by muppetpilot View Post
    Yes, because WoW is the ONLY mmo in which these "attitudes" are present, isn't that right? And I would surmise from your post that the ESO community is somehow "superior" to WoW's and others' in some fashion, yes?

I love how you used evidence and long-term experience to support your ESO Fanboi opinion. Very impressive!

Just wait til this thing goes F2P in 6 months, and then please let us all know what you think of its "superior" community then.
    WoW is just the only one I really played, as far as MMOs go.

I've been playing it since 2009. I have no problem with the game, but I do have a problem with LFR bashing actually being listened to by Blizzard. And the LFR bashing comes from the self-styled "elites" who only want full time die hard gamers who think gaming is a job, like themselves. If you want evidence, just go to the WoW forums, either here or on the official site - the "elites" seem to be winning the argument. That's fine.

I could be nasty and say to you, "wait until all the people who are sick of being snobbed out of WoW content unsub from WoD and watch it fail, and watch the devs panic", but neither one of us has a crystal ball, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by bazyk View Post

hating ESO is so trendy ;o
    thats just his character he does, here's his actual view of the game

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by muppetpilot View Post

I honestly doubt ESO will go f2p, at least not till they keep updating content. Sure game got just good reviews, while GW2, SWTOR and Pandaria got great reviews. But considering that on metacritic they still got decent 6.3 user score (GW2 - 7.9, SWTOR - 5.8, Pandaria 4.6) it's pretty much debatable if they are really doing that bad. Oh and WoW is not the only MMO with such attitude, nobody said that, but its common sense that it's aimed at the younger audience.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by despair9 View Post
    I honestly doubt ESO will go f2p, at least not till they keep updating content. Sure game got just good reviews, while GW2, SWTOR and Pandaria got great reviews. But considering that on metacritic they still got decent 6.3 user score (GW2 - 7.9, SWTOR - 5.8, Pandaria 4.6) it's pretty much debatable if they are really doing that bad. Oh and WoW is not the only MMO with such attitude, nobody said that, but its common sense that it's aimed at the younger audience.

Anyone who puts faith in the highly exploitable metacritic is true scale of how well a game is doing is not using common sense.

Waiting for the boogie2988 hate crew to show up..

Deleted
    Reviews haven't reflected quality in a long, long time.

In fact, reviews today are to quality pretty much what "newstertainment" channels such as Fox News, CNN, MSNBC and the like are to actual, factual news. It's nothing but sensationalist subjective bullshit with no basis in reality or fact.
    Last edited by mmoc3ff0cc8be0; 2014-04-25 at 10:52 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollhammer View Post
    Anyone who puts faith in the highly exploitable metacritic is true scale of how well a game is doing is not using common sense.

Waiting for the boogie2988 hate crew to show up..

As opposed to putting fate in Angry Joe or Boogie??

All these reviewers are bullshit as the only opinion of game that matters is that of the person playing. What i find fun you may not.

Hence stop being bloody sheep and make your own decisions etc.